Could forum friends actually be some of your friends and didnt realise

Just a thought… the anonymity of the Love honey forum wonderfully allows us all to share thoughts and experiences.
Has it ever occurred to members that they might be interacting with some of their everyday friends unawares.:flushed:

8 Likes

Haha, that neighbour you’d want to take a long walk off a short pier and your been super friendly :joy::joy:

2 Likes

The thought crossed my mind at the nudist camp . I think I could recognize a number of members there . Other than members on here not seeing my member I bet people might recognize me from my scant few photos .

2 Likes

It’s crossed my mind numerous times which is why I try to remain as anon as I can. I worry about work collegues, family, and friends potentially being on here and somehow identifying who I am.

This is why I don’t post huge amounts and have never gone into any detail regarding my own life and the issues I’m dealing with (whilst I’d love to gain advise and support from time to time). I try to refrain from sharing information here but do wish I could now and then if just to let off some steam.

On a side note - my hubby and I came across someone we knew on another website and so we went private rather sharply! It does and can happen.

8 Likes

I must admit, i keep anything i post , very general.
I could be one of so many people.

5 Likes

Exactly , it’s just not worth the upset as otherwise this is a great place to chat

3 Likes

:joy: maybe you are one of my neighbours.

2 Likes

I sometimes wish the forum could be private rather than open to the world (you have to be a member to read any posts)

2 Likes

I could be Will - do me a favour and close your blinds will you? Lol

Seriously though, it’s highly likely that people we know IRL are amongst us and I do sometimes sort of put profiles together with people I know without meaning to. A bit like when you read a book and imagine certain people playing the role.

Going back to a particular time my hubby and I had some fun exploring new things, I remember being convinced that the person involved was in here and I’d even put a profile to their name. I was probably 150% wrong but we can’t help but to want to link names to people. It’s a natural human behaviour (I think?)

2 Likes

That woman you speak to when she checks you out at Morrisons.
She looks so ordinary, but she is a real wild kinkster on LH.:joy:

2 Likes

Perhaps … can’t say I shop at Morrisons (we don’t have one) but yeh I agree. It could be that woman you speak to each morning as you’re walking your dog or nipping to the local Spa for your milk and bagels.

1 Like

I am absolutely recognisable to people who know me in real life on here. I don’t think I reveal anything on the forum that would lead people who don’t know me to find me but I talk about things going on in my life and share pictures that show who I am. If people recognise me because they are on this forum then I’m quite happy to talk sex toys with them outside the forum too, we obviously have interests in common.

It is, however, why I don’t put any pictures in the lingerie photo section. I would not want anyone I know in real life to have those pictures of me except my OH.

7 Likes

We haven’t recognised anyone from our vanilla life on here as yet but we have realised that there is a club friend that is on here. We asked if it was them and they confirmed it

1 Like

@Peitho …yes fully understand your position on the lingerie photos, with regards to people who may know you…shame though, as you are obviously fit being a horsey person. Im sure they would be stunning.

Also don’t do any photos at all as I suspect I would be quite recognizable also

2 Likes

I think you can be clever and use neutral backgrounds for photos and cover any distinguishing personal features. Obviously most people obscure their face.

1 Like

Certain things are just recognizable whether it be scars, tats, piercings, weight, height, make up style, or hair colour.

1 Like

Thats what i mean by personal recognisable features . As far as a body is concerned in height and weight, you could be one of thosands of people.
Its only my bum that has featured in the photo section and I dont know many people that could immediately recognise it by sight :joy:

I don’t know to be sure, I am sure maybe my friends could be active on here , it wouldn’t be a surprise to as more of them are grown up enough to be here I’d like to think that they would be having an active sex life and want to share their experiences :+1:

3 Likes

I wish LH will bring back members chat.

2 Likes