Creating an intimate bedroom

Me and my wife have recently married and are buying our first home together and I would like the bedroom to be particularly romantic and intimate in order to help put us in the mood :)

In terms of ideas of how to create this enviroment I was thinking candles, one wall painted red, a canvas wedding photo of us, a nice shaggy rug, heavy curtains, lavendar scents, nude bronze figurines etc.

I was just curious to know what everyone else has in their bedroom in order to help create a loving environment?

Also does anyone have any experience of satin sheets? Yay or nay?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I loved satin sheets and still have some. The only thing I will warn you about is they get caught on all sorts of spiky/sharp things and tear so easily, which is a little tedious. I didn't buy massively expensive ones. They do stick to your body is you get all sweaty as well so I'm not sure I'd recommend them as romantic in that sense. I do love sleeping under them because they're so soft against my skin but all of my partners that I'd slept with using them didn't appreciate them much at all.

I recommend some flowers, make the light of the bedroom able to be dimmed or get a bulb that you can change the colours of (if you can afford it of course) because these are so good for setting all kinds of moods. Definitely pictures of you two all loved up - perfect idea. Cushions are always good. A loveseat would set a really nice mood even if you don't use it. Four posters beds always seem to play a roll and they have curtains. You could also put up some lace see through curtains and fairy lights to make it even more romantic.

Recently I've seen a trend of stencil writing. You could always use these to paint your wedding vows on the walls or some really romantic phrases or things that are special to you. These definitely add to an atmosphere.

I'm sure there's loads of things you can do but that's all I can think of for the time being.

I would recommend the shaggy rugs .Try and get them soft as possible so that you can frolic around naked on them without getting friction burns etc..

As a number 2 in a firm of electrical contractors dimmable lighting would be a good idea .A good kids toy box at the bottom of the bed with a lock on for storing toys,lubes and massage oils etc.

Perhaps fairy lights around the top of the bed.

A good headboard or bed frame that can be used for restraints and teasing. You can easily set the tone for a planed evening of fun with a simple cardboard tag "your legs tied her". Very easy to see the potential of thinking about the evenings fun all day at work.

Interesting thread, we've recently lost about a third of our bedroom (loft conversion) so have a smaller "love nest"
According to my wife it should be minimal, tidy and free from my "man crap!"

We have a dimmer fitted & a light pull cord situated over the bed that way neither one of us has to get out of bed.

We have a stencil print on one wall but now it's too small for a coloured feature wall so went with a fancy light fitting that reflects a purpley light all over.

Simple, classy linens not sure on satin sheets but we love 100% Egyptian cotton. Very soft & smooth.

Hope this helps

Satin Sheets look very nice and feel great... Real Realy Sexy about £30 for a set

BUT.

Absolute nightmare to iron, they look a Pig and spoil the mood when they are all screwed up.

The quilt falls off very easy, because it's very slippery (Buy a cotton flat sheet same colour)

If you wiggle about too much the fitted sheet crumples up. You will always lose a pillow.

If you can afford it. Silk is very nice. Get any oil or lube on it and it proper knackered

Egyptian Cotton 1000 thread, Sateen, is the next best thing. you can wash it like polyester cotton, it irons easily, but its not cheep.

Best time to buy is Xmas sales House of Fraser or Debenhams.

Always ask the nice assistant if you can fondle her Swatches , Even if you're not buying.

If you have the Devil in you and wanna tease. Ask her if she's ever had sex on any. ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)
It stops em bugging you while you look at stuff you cannot afford.

You can buy remote dimmer switches off the internet,some you can even programme to work off an unused button on a tv remote etc,we have one and apart from the use for setting the scene,it`s very hand if you need to get up in the night!

LovehoneyAU - Carly wrote:

I would recommend ensuring that you only use the bed for sleeping and sex. If you have a TV/laptop in there it can disturb your sleep/sex life! It'll help you to wind down and really relax.

This above all else. Bedrooms are for sleep and sex. There is no bigger passion killer than a TV in the bedroom. Vibrant colours and mood lighting help, though I'd rather use scented/massage candles to set the mood rather than a dimmed big light. Super soft bedding is good, don't scrimp on cheap sheets and go for 600+ thread count. When ppl don't splash out on an expensive bed/mattress/sheets it amazes me, you spend up to 1/3rd of your life in bed! Lastly, personal pref obviously, but I wouldn't want a canvas (or any picture of myself) on the wall. Although my wife inexplicably seems to fancy me I wouldn't want to catch a glimpse of myself looking down at me, instant mood killer.

Red curtains to match your red wall. Definantly go for at least 600 egyption thread bedding it's super comfy and feels lush (as I'm stroking my sheet) 😂
Go for red or black bedding with having a red wall, the contrast is lush.
We have a satin duvet cover we bought when We got the new bed and its a flipping nightmare, the duvet always ends up on ohs half, any spillages I.e cum really leaves it's Mark! They're so slippery and make you sweat. Also if you smoke don't do it in the bedroom it's a fire hazard and will ruin the decor (past mistakes taught us well!).
A canvas would be lovely, we have one in ours (fave wedding pic) on the wall the headboards on. I'd also go for scented candles over dimmer lights as I reckon they're way more romantic.
You can also get nice canvases like we have saying stuff like "what I love most about my home is who I share it with", there's all sorts of romantic canvases and their not the most expensive either.
Hope you love your new room 💟xx

How about a pole :) Restraints on back of door etc lol

In our previous bedroom we had a red wall, the one at the head of our dark wooden bed. We also have a chandelier, and I do mean a real one: it combined the modern electrical lights with real candleholders. I love lighting candles above our bed. I'm not a fan of photographs on display, I find them reductive. I had curtains that were thick enough to not permit others see inside, but transparent enough to not rub us from natural light. This meant we could be naughty inside our bedroom, without fear of actually prying eyes, but with the feeling of being exposed as they were only "normal" curtains and we could see outside. As a general guideline, minimal il good in my opinion too.

I would never ever sleep in anything that is not a natural fabric. So "satin" and polyester and "fake cotton", but even viscose and pile and whatnot are out. Only real cotton for me thank you (or try silk if you can afford to). There are so many beautiful natural choices today in prints and colours, you really don't need to sacrifice comfort and skin health on the altar of "sexy" bed linen.

Though I can't answer on the sexy side no sex life I love my 1000 thread cotton sheets, so soft, will last year's if you look after them 30 degree wash with woolite. Pure silk no for bedding too easy to ruin, but love our silk filled pillows, saving for a silk filled duvet next.

kittencub wrote:

Though I can't answer on the sexy side no sex life I love my 1000 thread cotton sheets, so soft, will last year's if you look after them 30 degree wash with woolite. Pure silk no for bedding too easy to ruin, but love our silk filled pillows, saving for a silk filled duvet next.

Sorry to butt in, but a 30° wash is highly inefficient hygiene wise. Some living organisms (like bacteria or mites) only die at 60° or above and beds are a very prolific area for them to live in. :(

I think you definitely could get sone insptiation from 50 Shades of Grey (the movie) and Coco De Mer (the actual London store) as they are all very dark, wooden, and erotic. You can see some photos of the store here- http://www.coco-de-mer.com/help/press/

I would go for things like tealight candles, erotic pictures, silk silk silk!

Be good though if your new house had a cellar then you could really goto town with a dungeon ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

era wrote:

kittencub wrote:

Sorry to butt in, but a 30° wash is highly inefficient hygiene wise. Some living organisms (like bacteria or mites) only die at 60° or above and beds are a very prolific area for them to live in. :(

I've got detal antibacterial stuff to put in as well.

I recently decorated my bedroom. Its has black flocked wallpaper. Bits of grey in back, dark grey walls. Blinds sre black too. We have bedside lamps on each dide that hive off a warm glow. It feels soo cosy. Not to everybodys taste as ehoever comes to see my newly decorated room always says its soo dark but its soo cosy.

I always say do plenty of on-line research. Choose as a couple (unless you don't mind the decor being her choice entirely, but still get involved in the looking). Pinterest is great, or just google starting with "sexy bedroom", then any direction you like. Cosy, vintage, cottage, kitsch, etc. Decor is so personal, do what turns you both on and makes you happy. We love Indian opulence, for example. But really there is nothing saying your room has to be completely your own invention, so look out for what you like best and steal ideas like mad.

A nice long mirror so that you can watch each other

I put a few Philips hue bulbs in (bedsides + ceiling pendant). With a few presets you can switch the lighting to set the mood- simple dimming to every color you can think of. Can even get an app to sync it with the music.

They're not cheap but sometimes on offer on amazon or can get them used on eBay. There are also cheaper Chinese 'knock offs'p but not tried them myself.