Customer Complaints - very poor service

Hi,

I'm new to LH but made 3 purchases in the past couple of weeks, which i have been very happy with. Tried to make a 4th tonight but website issues meant I couldnt actually pay for my items. Phoned and spoke with chat as well as a few emails . Raised the issue about 5pm tonight and still not had a helpful reply, 4 hours later.

All I wanted to do was pay for an order. the feedback on here about service has been very good but my experience has been, frankly, shocking.

Does anyone know who i can escalate this to?

Many thanks

Well it is sunday evening, so if a phone call to customer care and a live chat couldnt sort it then you will probably have to wait until tomorrow. What is your issue?

We might be able to help ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) What's the issue? It sounds similar to something I've faced.

Did you try to use a different method of payment? PayPal wasn’t working for me the other day but checking out with my card was fine.

Did you try using a different method of paying? I would have thought you could have paid over the phone. I'm sure I've done this before although not recently.

To be honest it's a Sunday night. You wouldn't even have a reply from many other retailers as it's not a working day. I've never had a problem with lovehoney in the years I've been with them. Problems do happen from time to time but I wouldn't call staff working late on a Sunday evening "very poor service ".

Hello,

to be frank, if there is any technical issue, the customer service may not be able to sort it out. They are there as customer service, and not a technical support.

Also the fact that someone was available on chat or phone is a good service. However some issues may take longer than expected and may need to be passed to technical stuff, who may not be available for minor issues. E.g. I worked as service desk for a big international company and nights and weekends only major issues were passed to technical support. Anything affecting single user, or not impacting the overall operation was not. One - you have to pay that person overtime, weekend or night pay in my country, two you cannot have the full team on call 24/7, but just one person and a backup. If you start passing them minor issus all the time, then if a bigger issue comes, they may be overloaded.

I know its not pleasant to wait when you want something, but if you missed some offer because of it, I would try to talk to LH. I am sure there will be a record of the issue and they may be able to help.

I can honestly say i have never had a problem and they have aleays been amazing. Unfortunatly sometimes things don't go to plan but it seems if they can helo they will. Must of been a technical issue that required a different team in for.

Hi elbow,

I am very sorry to hear you have not had your issue resolved.

Unfortunately, on weekends many office staff, such as tech support run on low or no numbers. This weekend was especially bad as some agents could not get in due to transport issues, from the second batch of snow we have had. :( 

I have passed this thread over to our customer care team and I am sure someone will be in contact soon to help get resolution for you. 

Once again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

I have dealt with Lovehoneys customer support on quite a few occasions and in all honesty they are AMAZING, I have had issues in the past, some were even my fault and they were still prompt, polite and professional. Some of the best going. Things can't always run perfect and this is most likely just a one off incident.

Thanks all. It was a long process yesterday, over a few hours. Understand it was a Sunday but it didn't start at night. Couldn't pay and the offers run out at midnight so could not really wait until today.

The person I spoke to was not in the UK either so not sure about the snow issue.

In addition, when I did get a reply, they completely misunderstood what my issue was. I felt I could not have been clearer.

I appreciate things can go wrong but this was pretty rubbish. I work in a service industry and want to know when things don't work.

Lot of love for LH here. Just wanted to update that I have had a couple of emails today, one from Grace offering to help.

Thanks again.

I spoke too soon. Just when I thought I was getting somewhere!!

I must be unlucky...

Maybe expecting too much. I had hoped that I would have been offered my yesterday basket today, with the discounts i was offered. I had included the deal of the day too.

I have been told if I wanted yesterdays deal of the day I should have bought it yesterday! You cannot make this up - I tried to buy it yesterday but couldnt!!!

I have money and want to give it to LH. Who would have thought it this hard to actually buy something.

What's stopping you from explaining the issue to us?

Nothing, other than I have spent hours on this already and getting fed up of writing to LH about this. Do you work for LH? Can you help?

It seems simple enough, tried to make a purchase, get it delivered to a post office but couldnt get it to work. Emailed and called help support but in the end wasnt able to make the purchase yesterday. Not a system problem, just a confusing method of payment (I couldnt figure it out - I'm not thick but this system lost me. Try and purchase by cc and have it delivered to a post office isnt very intuitive)

Nobody got back to me other than to tell me why I couldnt use paypal which wasnt my issue.

I then got an email today saying lets start again. I replied, but was then told if I wanted yesterdays deal of the day I should have bought it yesterday! I did try....

My fault that I couldnt figure out an online payment system, but Ive never had this happen before. I then hoped there would be a simple supportive help from someone, but it's a different person I deal with each time. So I feel like I have to start again.

I know on here the feedback has been nothing but positive, and feel a bit of heat for complaining but just venting my frustration. My experience hasnt been that good. It happens...

I don't work for Lovehoney, no.

I'm a bit confused - is the issue that you don't know how to place an order? Have you tried using the Amazon Pay or phone options? Might be easier.

To have an order delivered to a post office you can only pay by credit card.

You select the post office but then asks you for an address. I now understand it wanted my address (which it already had) but that wasnt ovbvious. There seemed no way to get the transaction through. As I said it was my fault that I couldnt figure this out but all I wanted was soimeone to help me. That didnt happen, the day went past and I lost all the discounts and offers sent to me as i could not pay.

If I paid by any other method I could not get my items delivered to a post office. Seems very odd in this day and age, was told it was somethoing to do with fraud.

I don't think you are getting heat i think people are just trying to understand the problem to see if they can work out how best the LH forum community could help you. I think mostly you just wanted a little vent which i get.

Sometimes things don't work out the way we hoped. I think if they could have offered it to you they would have done as they have managed to help me out before.

Honestly i think it was rather wishful thinking that you could get yesterday there is another rabbit on offer for a fairly similar price https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37200

Hopefully you will be able to get a handle of the checkout process so that you don't miss out again.

Elbow. wrote:

You select the post office but then asks you for an address. I now understand it wanted my address (which it already had) but that wasnt ovbvious. There seemed no way to get the transaction through. As I said it was my fault that I couldnt figure this out but all I wanted was soimeone to help me. That didnt happen, the day went past and I lost all the discounts and offers sent to me as i could not pay.

If I paid by any other method I could not get my items delivered to a post office. Seems very odd in this day and age, was told it was somethoing to do with fraud.

Well at least thats all been figured out. It would certainly make sense for them to have to send it to your home address to stop fraud. Credit cards offer an extra layer of protection and purchases are protected a little more for the company and the person buying.

Elbow. wrote:

Ah, I see. I don't have experience with delivering an order to a post office so unfortunately, I can't really help ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

K&c30's wrote:

I don't think you are getting heat i think people are just trying to understand the problem to see if they can work out how best the LH forum community could help you. I think mostly you just wanted a little vent which i get.

Sometimes things don't work out the way we hoped. I think if they could have offered it to you they would have done as they have managed to help me out before.

Honestly i think it was rather wishful thinking that you could get yesterday there is another rabbit on offer for a fairly similar price https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37200

Hopefully you will be able to get a handle of the checkout process so that you don't miss out again.

Many thanks. Why wishful thinking? I did try to buy it yesterday, asked for help a number of times and didnt get any. The day passed and I missed the offer. The payment system in this case is pants...

I would have thought as a gesture of goodwill they would have offered me the product at the reduced price.

Thanks for the alternative product link.