Dating sites

Hi all Just wondering if any of you can recommend dating site worth trying ? TIA :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

For me personally I don’t recommend any, I have not had any success whatsoever using any Apps but that’s just me…

I currently have a Bumble profile but mainly use it for friends & Business, I suppose ultimately it depends what you’re looking for as that will determine the best site to sign up for…

Either way, I hope you have great success!

4 Likes

There is plenty of fish, tinder, or you can register to the ones you have to pay for which might be a better option there is love harmony ……Google some of them …good luck :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I think POF and Tinder get a bad rep for how they’re viewed. Hinge seems to be one that helps you create a more interesting profile.

Every time I delete a dating profile I swear that I’ll never create another one but boredom usually sways me.

I honestly think you’re more likely to meet someone doing something you’re interested in, search for facebook/Instagram groups for your hobbies. There is also an app called Meet Up that does the same thing from what I’ve read. Common interests are a great launch pad for meeting new people :tipping_hand_man:t2:

The only thing keeping me from setting up a profile is that my sexual partner is meeting all of my needs and also that I hate people :grin:

Edited to fix feckin spelling mistakes :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Go Fab
Plenty of couples met on there

4 Likes

I’ve seen a few women on fab wanting to date people with similar appetites, not loads but you could meet someone not specifying dating that you just click with.
But then maybe fab isn’t what you want :man_shrugging:t2:
My ex uses fab for the chat rooms, its not just about sex. Its for like minded people. I met him just when I was done with it at the last social evening. The chat rooms can be clicky, the Irish room is anyway. My current sexual partner is someone I met from fab too.

5 Likes

Sorry haven’t been on a dating app for over 20 years. I did have a bit of sucfmcess a few decades ago but can’t remember the name of the site or even if it’s still going. Good luck.

1 Like

I am so far behind the times I have no idea what Bumble is, I don’t use tinder or Go fab-Have no idea what that is-Or POF.

3 Likes

Never used them @Latex73

I have always met blokes the old fashioned way…

My friend used POF with success though…she managed to “hook” a fair few before finding her new Mr. Right.

Good Luck

3 Likes

@Latex73 Have you tried Facebook Dating through their app? That’s the only one I’m using now but i do much prefer dating the old fashioned way as in meeting people out and about. That way you know if you click with each other.

3 Likes

I just had a bad experience on tinder where a woman I didn’t match with found my social media then called my business line when I wasn’t responding to her. Needless to say I’m taking a break

3 Likes

Plenty of fish seems good.
Couldnt get on with ok cupid. Its setup is really odd.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much tried them all and I’d say majority of the free dating apps are waste of time plus very scammy… if you’ve got in mind what you want to accomplish ie. A relationship, then I’d think more about joining a pay for site as it will weed out all the time wasters for a starting point.

Hope that’s of some help :kissing:

2 Likes

Depends where you are though. I know everyone says eharmony, but if your somewhere remote and your not looking for a long distance relationship, you may end up with very few people to choose from.
Personally its been a total bust for me.

1 Like

@Latex73 have you went with any of the suggestions? Let us know how you get on :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah same for me too in ways as all locals for me seem to be either very old or pervy creeps :confounded:

1 Like

It really depends on what you’re looking for, for example one night stand, no strings attached, long term relationship etc. I think it also depends on your age and location. I note from your profile that you identify as heterosexual so I’ve based the below on that assumption but please do comment if that’s changed or you’re looking for something else :blush:

Ones I’ve used and my brief thoughts:
Hinge - My go-to for general dating. I find you get a better sense of someone based on the profile set up, also find the first conversation flows better as you can comment on a specific photo or comment they’ve made.

Feeld - My go to for more sex and kink friendly and also ethical non monogamy, can include looking for couples for example. Generally from my experience the people on there seem more open minded but saying that there are a lot of anonymous profiles which I do understand but can be a bit more time consuming to sift through.

Bumble - Used to like it but first messages time out after 24 hours and I am not a quick responder so I ended up losing matches because I wouldn’t be on the app every day. With bumble the girls message first which I quite liked.

Tinder - Personally dislike, haven’t used for years but it seems to be everyone’s first dating app and as a result unfortunately seems to be filled with what I’d describe as unnecessarily horny knobheads. BUT, is probably one of the more common ones so if you are in an area that is a bit remote it might work for you.

3 Likes

So far have joined and paid for
Muddy Matches (i’m rural location)
Elite singles
joined but not paid for
Bumble
Plenty of fish (trouts)
None have blown me away with response will keep trying haha !
I don’t want someone miles away either I do not want relationship with my car and motorways !
@JoCat thanks for asking !

1 Like

Muddy matches sounds great!
I really understand not wanting someone a great distance away, its really important to set and stick to your distance!

I hope people come flocking to your profile!

1 Like

Not so sure about the “flocking” … No sheep thank you I would get yet another reputation ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: