DDD impacting sex

Sorry to hear that @Jay131 :persevere: I’m definitely no expert, but I deal with joint pain, so I’ll share what has helped me. I’ve found it’s helpful to avoid positions that will put a lot of weight or stress on those joints or modify the positions to be more comfortable, also making sure not to stay in one position too long. The positions of the week thread has tons of different positions if you’re looking to try something new that might not hurt. Some of the sex furniture & position enhancers could help you with positions that might be difficult to do otherwise. I’ve had the Liberator Wedge on my list for a while, and might be getting it today as it’s the last day that it’s 20% off :+1:

For managing symptoms, I try to minimize how much stress I put myself under and try to keep exercising regularly. I’ve noticed I have more flare ups when I’m stressed about something. Days with a lot of pain, I might just take a long walk or do some stretches. If a form of exercise that you were used to or that you liked doing is too hard on you now (like running), try to find a different activity that is less painful. If you do some physical therapy, they can help you identify which muscles to strengthen to put less stress on those joints and would probably be able to recommend a sport or activity you could start doing. Make sure you have a doctor you feel comfortable asking questions (ask sex related questions too) and talking to that listens to you when you talk about your symptoms. I had several doctors that made me feel like an idiot when I’d tell them how I felt or ask questions. Hope you can find a good way to manage the pain :yellow_heart:

Also wanted to throw in this link in case people don’t know what Degenerative Disc Disease is. It also lists treatment and has some general self care tips.

9 Likes