Deal of the Day - For Gay Customers

Hello all, I have used Lovehoney for many years now and thought to myself.. they don’t have a gay section. Now I know it doesn’t necessarily need one but having it all in one section I thought was a good idea. I was going to post about it and when I was about to I noticed a gay section appeared in the store. Which is great! One other I have noticed is the deal of the day most of the time is for straight sex, or male on female. Things like cock rings with clit stimulator or female sexy lingerie and a lot of rabbits! I don’t tend to see things that just men can use and in particular gay me. My main point being dildos or other gay sex related items. I would quote like to see more of these in the deal of the day or perhaps I was thinking if you sexual orientation is set to Gay you would see a different deal of the day? To stop abuse of this you could set a timer where if you change your sexual orientation you can’t access that specific deal of the day until the next day, this would be to prevent everyone getting lots of products cheap. That’s just my two cents on it, mainly because I pretty much never see a deal of the day that is relevant to my sex life. :) Thanks Danny

Aren`t sex toys for all sexualities anyway? I can`t see the point of ghetto-ising them.

Not really no. A male on male relationship wouldn’t use a rabbit or a clitoral stimulation toy. My point is, love honey deal of the deal are constantly rabbits and female lingerie. Not often that it’s something for the other majority. That’s just my opinion though :)

Deal of the Day can be good, but it's a bit of a roulette. With only one toy a day it's going to be hard to please everybody. 🙂 Personally I find combining the email offers with the discounted toys in the sale events to be the best way to get the type of toys I want at bargain prices. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience to wait for the right combination of offers, but I think it's worth it. 🙂

If you've not signed up for the Deal of the Day and the special offers emails then you definitely should. 👍🙂

When it comes to Deal of the Day, specific “male” toys are generally underrepresented when compared to “female” toys and lingerie. I would guess it is to do with women making up more of Lovehoney’s customer base?

Thing is, anything that vibrates can be used on anybody externally anywhere. So just because something is marketed as a clit vibrator doesn’t mean it can’t be used by people without a clitoris. Rabbits can be used anally with the shaft inserted and the ears on the perineum. Cock rings with vibrators can be twisted around to stimulate the balls of the wearer. If it has two rings, just put both around the penis rather than one around the balls.

The problem with targeted Deal of the Day offers is where do you stop? Gay, lesbian, straight, non-binary/gender neutral, single? Then you get into beginner, intermediate, advanced, penetrative only, non penetrative only, anal only, kinky, vanilla, lingerie only, lubes and consumables only

Yes I agree with you Danny - the deal of the day is focused on female-centric or straight couple toys the majority of the time (i.e. lingerie, non-flared vibrators, clitoral toys, g-spot toys, etc.).

The advice that men repurpose female toys for different uses seems inadequate, since LH already sells a wide range of toys specifically for men - they just don't appear on the deal of the day so often.

On the other hand, LH are here to run a business, and they may have found that this strategy makes good sales and targets a majority of customers.

Personally, I really wouldn't like the idea of a different deal of the day based on sexual preference. I'm a staight guy who wants to see butt toy bargains, so the idea really wouldn't work out for me.

It's also logistically impossible, because LH can't track the sexual orientation of everyone who visits the site. A large number of visitors won't be logged into an account. So will LH assume everyone is straight until they create an account and specify otherwise?

Yeah I get that. So maybe not a separate deal of the day but maybe just take into consideration that most of the deal of the day are generally for female/male use and start adding more variety to the deal of the day :)

C'mon LoveHoney, put a nice expensive prostate toy on the Deal of the Day, and I solemnly swear I'll buy one.

Danny might even buy two!

![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

defam wrote:

C'mon LoveHoney, put a nice expensive prostate toy on the Deal of the Day, and I solemnly swear I'll buy one.

The Deal of the Days are generally Lovehoney brands, so are you thinking of something like this -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37969

Bundle it up into a £40 or £50 basket and you can slap on one of this weekend's offer codes from the Special Offers thread and get a bit more money off. 👍🙂

There's plenty of discounted items knocking around that get changed out frequently, so I wouldn't pin all your hopes on Deal of the Day.

I understand what you are saying, but was a bit surprised because I close down a lot of emails from LH which are offering prostate toys, butt plugs and bondage stuff because it just isn't for me or my OH. I didn't realise others might feel offers are not often enough aimed at them.

Lots of toys can be used in non-gendered ways, and I'd like to see more classy lubes, cleansers etc on offer.

I hope it is something which is easy for the LH team to address.

I'd also ask if you review your purchases on the site - often the 20% off is a good as 'deal of the day' - I think I'm right in saying that the two can sometimes be combined? There are other offers too which can be combined with a reviewers 20% off. These are not emailed as 'Deal of the Day' but are there once you log on.

Good luck - I hope you find some bargains!

MsR wrote:

I'd also ask if you review your purchases on the site - often the 20% off is a good as 'deal of the day' - I think I'm right in saying that the two can sometimes be combined? There are other offers too which can be combined with a reviewers 20% off. These are not emailed as 'Deal of the Day' but are there once you log on.

Usually the Deal of the Day item has 50% off. Don't forget about the 25% off £40+ Unlimited voucher that's on your account page. You can use it as often as you like. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-unlimited/

I wrote bit of an intro to the special offers in this thread if you're interested?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1781493-free-vibrators-in-basket/

Ian Chimp wrote:

defam wrote:

The Deal of the Days are generally Lovehoney brands, so are you thinking of something like this -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37969

Bundle it up into a £40 or £50 basket and you can slap on one of this weekend's offer codes from the Special Offers thread and get a bit more money off. 👍🙂

Damn, how did I miss that bargain? Thanks Ian.

---

By the way, I feel the need to mention that none of my comments are intended as a critique of LH or an over-entitled moan. This company gives out more special offers than I can even keep up with, and is one of the greatest places to shop on the whole interwebs.

![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Hiya,

That products still on offer for half price, bite the bullet and bag that bargain👍

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

Usually the Deal of the Day item has 50% off. Don't forget about the 25% off £40+ Unlimited voucher that's on your account page. You can use it as often as you like. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-unlimited/

I wrote bit of an intro to the special offers in this thread if you're interested?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1781493-free-vibrators-in-basket/

I just realised that you may have been referring to the offers in the Deal of the Day email when you said they're often as good as the reviewers 20% off. There's actually a Deal of the Day item too that's swopped out every day that's normally got 50% off (just on the off-chance you're unaware 🙂).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/deal-of-the-day/