Deleted by author

I have seen 'deleted by author" in a few posts now and always wondered if it was because they reconsidered their position or if it was just a messed up post. Thinking it has to do more with messed up posts after getting two deleted posts tonight. Is there specific algorithms used on the LH forum that determins what members you most often see posts of.? - #10 by be3169

I tried to copy and paste twice but only ended up with a messed up version of the LH main page for whatever reason.

I think mostly it’s people making mistakes. I have done it a few times. I have either not read the question properly or I have wrote something on the wrong post.

1 Like

I think mostly it’s because people change their minds about what they’ve posted, or as @Deanna32 says, posted in the wrong thread. If you “mess up” your post you can just edit it to make changes rather than deleting it and starting over.

Deleted posts become ‘withdrawn’ and will disappear from view after 24 hours but you can change your mind too, and unbin it in a similar way within that 24 hours.

What were you trying to copy and paste? For just trying out forum features or playing around making pictures into links or whatever, The Sandbox is a great place to play. There’s lots of information in it too about things you can do as it’s where a lot of us tried stuff out when this incarnation of the Forum first launched.

1 Like