The Sandbox

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a place to practice using all the new features somewhere safe away from the main boards. I know that people must be itching to try stuff out, but may be a bit nervous to attempt it on the fly. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can try making a poll -

WYE eat a hamster?

• I would
  • I would not
  • It’s iffy. Depends on the circumstances
0 voters

Edited to add: I’ll insert another as I set that one to close, and you can’t edit a poll after 5 minutes.

The Ultimate Forum Question: Now extended indefinitely! :slightly_smiling_face:

So,

Would You Ever eat a hamster?

• Yes
  • No
  • It’s iffy. It depends on the circumstances
0 voters

Hiding some secrets -

Click here for Hidden Secrets

I like sex. :shushing_face:

Inserting a swish link -

Lovehoney

And anything and everything else too. :slightly_smiling_face: Feel free to ask any questions, and I’ll try and help you if I can. :+1:

So, here we are. Go nuts and get it all out of your system. :slight_smile:

ETA: And there are some extra formatting tips in Bonus Formatting too. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

:warning: Testing with Images

If testing image-related features, make sure you stick to the forum photo rules and only use images from the Lovehoney website when practicing in this topic.

You can read more about the photo rules in The Great Big Photo Guide :+1:

21 Likes

Came to this thread hoping to see examples of some of the new features, left rather upset about how many of you would have considered eating my favourite childhood pets :sweat_smile: #hamstergate

17 Likes

I can personally vouch for every single member and say that none of them would ever be so deplorable as to eat any of your hamsters. :slightly_smiling_face:

Apart from @Lovehoney_Brenna. She would have six on a stick grilling over an open fire quick as a flash. #HamsterBandit

12 Likes

@Ian_Chimp :rofl:

1 Like

Lost :neutral_face:

1 Like

You’re replying and quoting. I think you’re ahead of the curve. :slightly_smiling_face:

The simplest way to create a poll is by using the Build Poll button from the formatting bar of the reply window. It’s tucked away behind the cogwheel icon on the far right (along with Hide Details and Blur Spoiler).

From there you just follow the prompts and then see where you land. :slight_smile:

Very good idea - It is!

So a quick poll for everyone to see if I can work out how…

On a scale of 1 to 5, how are you feeling today?

0 voters

And a no spoilers joke…

Q) Why did the chicken go to the séance?

A) To get to the other side!

Ooh, I like the new features (and that I don’t have to type in HTML script for basic formatting)… will try more later when I have time!

4 Likes

Great initiative, Ian_Chimp! :+1:
I’m giving the poll feature a try.

:hamster: :hamster: :hamster:
Do you promise not to eat subbysam’s hamsters?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

If you use @subbysam rather than link to their profile it’ll give them a ping to say you’ve mentioned them. :+1:

2 Likes

Just trying to see if I can tag you that wat, @Ian_Chimp !

(edit: yay, it works!)

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp and @Smultron what did I do wrong in my pole that it doesn’t show who voted like your two do? Thought I selected public and show results… did I miss something? If so, what? :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

There’s a check box underneath the bigger list textbox for show who voted (and another option underneath that to auto-close the poll after a certain time). :+1:

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn’t read your post fully. :slightly_smiling_face: Yours does show who voted. :+1: (I can see that @Lovehoney_Brenna is feeling a solid 5 today :slight_smile:). You can toggle between show vote and show results from the post. Is that why you can’t see them?

2 Likes

Thanks @Ian_Chimp!

Another quick test to see if it works now… please someone vote so I can see if you show now.

If you could travel in time, would you want to see…

• The past
  • The future
  • I’m good where I am

0 voters

I have clicked the show who voted box… I thought I did last time too :woman_shrugging:t2:

Edit - Yay it works - I must have failed to click the box properly last time… also accidentally voted on an option i would not pick as I didn’t know I could vote myself! :see_no_evil::joy:

Edit again… but it seems I can change my vote - excellent!

3 Likes

That’s very odd - since posting my 2nd poll I can see who voted on my first but before I just had a drop down menu from each percentage option line on the show result tab giving me the option to name it.

Odd but hey, all good now.

Edit… got home on wifi for lunch and on my first poll faces had gone again! Worked it out I think though … I hadn’t voted and maybe only available once you have as now I have all are there. Doesn’t explain why they appeared briefly earlier though. Think I’m getting a headache :joy:

1 Like

Would you eat a pineapple and marmite pizza?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

1 Like

Ah yes. That will be because of the ‘Results’ option (always visible/on vote/on close). :+1:

2 Likes

wow, so many new functions!

1 Like

I’m desperately trying to work out how to use them all from my phone and failing, @Ian_Chimp you are such a guru, how do I quote someone’s message??

Well, there’s a couple of ways. I’ve found the easiest one (so far) is to highlight what I want to quote, and then a floating ‘quote’ box pops up, and I click that. :+1:

To enable that (or check that it’s enabled) you go to Username → Preferences → Interface → Enable quote reply for highlighted text

2 Likes