Discreet Packaging?

With regards Lovehoneys discreet packaging … does anybody find it’s really not that discreet? I mean it doesn’t give anything away on the box but its been the same simple, squared design with the same labels for years and years. From the knowing looks I’m pretty certain our postman knows exactly what it is and where it’s come from. Certainly I do as soon as I see the box in his hand and I wouldn’t be surprised if its well known by the postal service at large.

Would anyone else object to something, still descreet, but not so consistent in design. Like the occaisional reused packaging?

To be honest I think the current packaging is ideal in design. The only criticism I have is that the outer box is sometimes far too large for the contents and therefore wasteful in terms of packaging and materials.

10 Likes

Because I’ve received many parcels from Lovehoney over the years, I can spot that box from a mile a way. I’m sure posties can probably tell, too. I don’t care at the end of the day. They’re just doing their job and have seen it all before. I wouldn’t worry about it :relaxed:

4 Likes

I bet the postmen and women deliver loads of Lovehoney packages daily, they likely know but who cares? Plus i bet a lot of them use Lovehoney too! I mean, how much more discrete can they get? Plus delivery is tracked!

5 Likes

Posties definitely know where that box came from :joy: But I’m much happier with a plain brown box than something lurid purple with Lovehoney splashed all over it. As long as its not obvious to my mum or neighbours then I don’t care!

2 Likes

Its a brown box with a discreet return address.

How much more simple and discreet can it be?

Think anyone who has had a few orders from LH can spot it a mile off.

1 Like

I agree you can tell it’s from LH but it is ideal for the purpose. Yes sometimes the large box is a bit over size but it is always arriving in mint condition and protected. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

1 Like

It’s about as discreet as it can be.

I’m not really fussed what the postman thinks, he might think I’m a nymphomaniac right now but that’s not my problem :eyes: :joy:

6 Likes

They could brand a few different batches of boxes with dummy companies to throw people off the scent. :slightly_smiling_face: “Boxer Dix - Home Fitness Equipment”

7 Likes

Dickens Cider?

7 Likes

Dick’s DIY - Tool Box Essentials

1 Like

A bit like the website :laughing:

4 Likes

Shhhhh! :rofl:

1 Like

I think the packaging is as discreet as can be. Posties know everything, so even if it was changed I’m sure they’d soon clock on! I’ve also noticed that more so recently Lovehoney are trying hard to keep their trading name more anonymous (including removing it from posts on the forum) - there’s lots less things if you search it online than there used to be, although you obviously still get the random forum pages (where someone thinks they’ve been scammed and it’s actually just their wife buying a vibe :joy:).

I think it’s just one of those things - if you know what it is then you might recognise it, but if you don’t then it probably wouldn’t even cross your mind. I’ve also had lots of other (non sex-toy related) deliveries just in brown boxes, I think the only thing that gives it away is the trading name on the front, but I imagine that needs to be there for postal reasons, so would be the same on any packaging.

3 Likes

Living with my parents who im sure have ordered from Lovehoney before in the past I know that they know what and where it came from. Am I bothered, not really, at least there’s no Lovehoney branding plastered all over it and fireworks going off every time with the postman shouting HERES YOUR LOVEHONEY PARCEL lol. I do agree sometimes the boxes could be slightly smaller with a bit less paper packaging but al least you know nothing should get damaged especially vibrators and things a like.

1 Like

Bills, banks statements, STD self test kit? Posties, window cleaners, milkmen, binmen… they know everything and I’m happy with that.
Postie leaves it on the step, milkman moves it over to make room for the pints, window cleaner sees it on the bed and binman recycles,
What’s a Lovehoney box between friends?

10 Likes

I think it is as discreet as it can be…and at the end of the day it’s about sex.

It’s been around for ever and sex sells…always has done always will do.

Yes they know it’s sex stuff but who cares they probably use Lovehoney too…and it’s not like he shouts “Lovehoney sex stuff delivery” at the door.

6 Likes

Totally agree @funkyghost but the other way around… so my kids don’t know haha my friends partner is a postman and he said they know its lovehoney :rofl::rofl: my posties are both local and I’ve had a few packages recently :rofl:

1 Like

@Melody1 I’m in stitches. Best reply ever! Window cleaner sees it on the bed haha love it

1 Like

I had a bit of a chuckle last week, a box was delivered to one of the ladies in the office and it was exactly the same as all my LH boxes that have been delivered to work for me (length, style of box and even the same packaging tape).

As I was the one handed the package, I had to look to see whose it was, the label didn’t seem to be a LH address, but even if it was -
a) I obviously wouldn’t raise it with anyone
b) Good for her…

The first time our courier dropped a LH box to me, he had a certain smile, now I just don’t care. So long as it stays sealed, people can guess away…

1 Like