Do topics in the forum ever get deleted / archived..?

Just browsing through the forum topics which appear in your feed and some of them are several months old and haven’t been responded to recently. Which got me wondering whether topics in the forum have a shelf life and after a period of inactivity or on passing a certain anniversary after being created are either archived or deleted?

I know that some such a change a letter state a time frame, it is other topics which have me questioning.

1 Like

Hey @DLJL I’ve been browsing here for 6+ months and still see new (to me anyway) topics everyday.

Just today one popped up in my feed that originated in 2011 :open_mouth: still I read every reply and found it interesting. The fact that it was so old, yet still open for comments, indicates that maybe nothing gets archived or locked that doesn’t violate forum rules anyway.

the sex-related topics discussed here can be applicable this week, month, year, decade, etc. unless its a topic based on current events item in the lounge or something. the ONLY thing I find annoying when read older topics is when someone is discussing a great product, they include a link but that link no longer works. ah well :thinking:

Sometimes topics are deleted if they break forum rules. They can get merged if they are similar to other topics and just occasionally they disappear due to gremlins in the system but i don’t think that there is an actual expiry time.

2 Likes