Do you ever feel like something is missing from your life?

I don't know, I feel kinda empty today. I know I'm not reaching my full potential in life. I'm in a job I don't enjoy (though the last couple weeks have been better), I'm overweight and pretty unhealthy, and I seem to have lost myself and my self-assurance to other people.
I know what I want to change but between time, money and childcare, and a lack of belief in myself, it's hard to know where to start.

I know how you feel ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Life can be pretty hard sometimes with lots of ups and downs,![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I seem to have everything that I need in life (house, money etc) Just missing that special someone to share it with but guess things always sort them selves out eventually .

Your an atractive lady and weight and being unhealthy can always be sorted with time and patience ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) as my grandmother always said theres always someone worse off so big hugs x

Thank god for masturbation and Love honey lol ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I would start with whatever is the most important to you, whether it's big or small. This could then give you a push towards changing the other things that are getting you down.

VioletWolf wrote:

I don't know, I feel kinda empty today. I know I'm not reaching my full potential in life. I'm in a job I don't enjoy (though the last couple weeks have been better), I'm overweight and pretty unhealthy, and I seem to have lost myself and my self-assurance to other people.
I know what I want to change but between time, money and childcare, and a lack of belief in myself, it's hard to know where to start.

Hey what's up ? Try to think positively .Your a good looking woman as evidenced by your avi picture .Your in a relationship and have kids. For that alone I think there are many people in this world who would swap places with you. Try to concentrate on your positive attributes and less on the negative ones.

Sure if your not happy with your job then look for another but at least you have the income from this until the time you find another.

If you think your over weight then set yourself a target and eat healthier things and cut down on the junk food ifbtgat is where the problem is. . Consider joining a gym where you would meet new friends with similar goals.,And join in with the happy guys and gals on the weghtloss thread on the forum.

I am kind of the same.i have a roof over my head and a job I quite like.ive got possessions that make happy and im financially ok.ive got immediate family that are there for me.but it's that special person to fill the in the rest that I miss.maybe I just being me and only thinking about what I don't have but I understand feeling like your missing something.

What Mysteron said. One step at a time, set yourself targets and above all stay positive.

You have a partner and kids whom you obviously love and love you. Make time for you.

I'm looking for a new job, it is difficult. But please do remain positive. It'll all take a bit of time, but I'm sure the family will support you, as will your extended family here.

Set small goals along the way. Firstly & I'm not trying to tell you how to live mearly a suggestion or two, maybe substitute things like crisps or chocolate for fruit, walk instead of driving or buses etc. Sorry if it sounds simple but small changes will make a difference.

Tomorrow morning, look at Violet in that mirror and tell her that she's awesome, she's gonna do great and what she's gonna accomplish by a pre determined date.

Hang in there. Remain positive and if you can't do it for you, do it for your family. Oh and *hugs*

Every day Violet. I have a gorgeous husband and beautiful kids I should count myself lucky but like you it feels like something is missing.

I'm fortunate enough to work from home but there's a reason the term "starving artist" was created. It brings in next to nothing do my husband works away meaning I don't see him often. We basically have 2 homes to run so always in our overdraft.

I should be grateful I have so much that others would kill for but I focus on the things I don't have. Its unlikely we will ever have a dream home that bums me out. I too am overweight and I lack willpower when it comes to food. I eat because I am unhappy. I'm clinically depressed.

Focus on the positives, easier said than done I know. You are a lovely girl Violet, chon up sweetheart. It will pass.

I have been there, a number of years back now. I decided something ha d to give and after a long chat with my wife decided on a career change. It wasn't easy and we made some sacrifices as my new career pays about half what I was earning.

But I am so much happier, as is my family, I am less grumpy. I see them more and feel like I am doing a job of value.

Ultimately if something needs to change, try and change it. There will be ups and downs and it may not end up exactly as you planned but if it makes you happy to change then. You need to do it.

We all have ups and downs violet, but if this is a more deep routed issue, you need to identify what you want.

Write a list of what would be ideal, then next to each ideal item, write a less ambitious target along the same lines, then next to this how your going to achieve each thing. And finally what your reward will be for each thing.

eg. Ideal - Get my perfect job -

less ambitious target - aply for jobs that would be more satisfying to me -

how to achieve this - upgrade cv and search jobs.

reward - new clothes for new job. (something like this.)

This way for each of the really important things that you want to change, you create an action plan and a method of achieving it. It's also worth spending a little time looking at what you do have. Identify your motivation. So, I want to be healthier and fitter, so that I can be a more active and fun mum.

It's the difficulties in life that make us asses what is important and motivate us to achieve.

I think most of us feel like this at some point. To me, I'd take a different approach. I'd concentrate on the 'good' in my life, doing so should make you feel happier which will give you the drive to make change in other areas. All the best X

I have no career ambitions nor any drive to be rich, but there is a great gaping chasm where a romantic partner should be.

Aye, I love my life but there's a couple of things which are missing. My hubbys health. If he gets fixed that'll be us happy forever πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ and the other thing kiddies. But if hubby gets cured I'll be more than happy with that as that'd be the be all and and all ❀

And if he does get cured kids would be the icing on the case but I'm more than happy with a healthy hubby ❀

I often feel this way. And I'm always busying myself to find ways to fill the hole. I'll feel better for a couple of months then I'm back to my old self again.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling unhappy, you’re an attractive lady VioletWolf. I feel unhappy with my life everyday & have done so for many years. Each day i keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be better than Today. I hope things get better for you soon. Wishing you all the best.

I think it is a very natural feeling, but that doesn't make it any better - I know.

Personally I started to use a gratitude journal, basically just writing or typing something daily that I am thankful, grateful ort happy for. It can the smallest thing to the biggest thing, just note it down.

Hope you are feeling better after this post, I know it is an older one.

Great idea Leanne, I think a lot of us take things for granted a lot of the time and struggle to see what we have in front of us. Sadly with a mixture of social media and a rise in mental health issues it can all become quite overwhelming. I actually did a purge of all the fitness models etc on Instagram as it was making me feel awful about my body etc. But I do love your idea about jotting down the little things that make us happy and thankful. I like to write in my spare time which helps me escape for a bit. I am sorry to hear anyone missing something in their life, just remember that life is incredible and can twist and turn at any moment. And if all else fails then buy yourself a rad new sex toy and rethink your goals 🀟

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

And if all else fails then buy yourself a rad new sex toy and rethink your goals 🀟

Amen.

I feel like something is missing most of the time, always have done. The husband calls it my 'terminal restlessness', always scrabbling around looking for the next something to fill the perceived void. It is all bollocks really, part and parcel of being a bit mental, but as others have said, cultivating mindfulness and gratitude, and trying to stay in the present all help. All harder to do than say, but 'seeking progress, not perfection' is a good place to start.

I feel like something is missing most of the time, always have done.

I always feel that there's something missing in my life as Gosig says above and I can also very much relate to Knight1119.

It's a tough world to live in and I agree with https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/lil-known69/ about the social media issue and also mental illness rise in today's generation.

As Leanne says, I have my own little notebooks where I jot thoughts down and all that I am thankful for when I have really tough days. Namely, my hubby is the best thing in my life and is the greatest thing that makes it worthwhile. Despite this, I just think there's some sort of happiness and contentment missing inside me (to do with my personal wellbeing). It was destroyed many years ago and I've had to accept that it may never return.

I muddle through my life to be honest, but this seems a very unfair way of having to live. I've made sensible sacrifices (for myself, not saying others must do this!), such as not having children. Sadly, I know I couldn't give them a happy life, because I just couldn't cope with everything that comes with it.

I keep plodding on and hope I'll hit a happy wave to ride soon, and always hope that life gets better for my hubby too.

When we're in a dark hole, we just have to be there for and protect each other.

We love and support each other and there's nothing more valuable than that, no matter how s*** we feel in our lives.

I know everyone else on here understands how difficult life can be, as it comes accross so sincerely in their words.

So sorry to hear what others' have to feel and go through in their lives. x πŸ˜” πŸ’š

Sorry, don't know why link was posted, just wanted to mention member's name, won't let me edit?! x

Many thanks Emerald, I feel the same way πŸ˜’ x