Do you find a lot of people attractive?

The reason I'm asking is because me & the OH are complety opposite to the amount of people we see that are attractive. I find it quite amazing how she finds hardly anyone attractive, while me (male) finds a lot of women to be good looking. She may be the normal & I'm the weird one because I like the look of so many people.

I give you an example. I can walk around a shopping centre & see maybe a dozen attractive women but she will say she didnt see any nice men even if she's looking.

We started the guilty pleasure thread & when she looked at what people was saying, she was like, no, nope, definatley not. I would say to her but about 20 people like Tom Hardy so the law of averages says he is attractive to a lot of people.

Maybe men find more women attractive than women do of men.

So my question is; do you find a lot of people attractive? Just purely on looks & nothing else, people you pass in the street, on TV, anywhere.

Disclaimer: Me & the OH half are very much in love. We are perfectly happy with what we like & this doesnt affect our relationship in anyway whatsoever. We are just interested in what other people think.

Men hate shopping so look at women and there always plenty of women shopping because they like it! Win win!! 😜😂 Point out some blokes to your oh next time if u feel bad about doing it 😉👍

I've thought a lot about this lately. I've tried dating sites but I'm swiping through like nope, nope, nope. I sometimes hate myself, thinking I'm horribly shallow. I just have a particular type and it seems not particularly common.

Something always got to catch your eye about a person :-)

I very rarely see any guys I find really fancy but the hubby a good pair of boobs or a good arse is all it takes. I think women have higher standards lol

I'll be honest, very rarely do I look at somebody and think they are attractive on looks alone. Sure I do care about how somebody looks but beyond initial attraction I start to look beyond their appearance for what I find attractive as looks to me are what gets your attention and you start finding other things. I'm not picky, I just tend to look beyond appearances and at the person as a whole especially when it comes to relationships of any kind.

I don't always like conventionally good looking guys either. There are a couple of actors I do find attractive but it totally baffles a lot of friends! Even I admit it's a bit funny and question myself a little but then again I shouldn't as that's just me and I shouldn't force myself to change!

AmyA wrote:

I've thought a lot about this lately. I've tried dating sites but I'm swiping through like nope, nope, nope. I sometimes hate myself, thinking I'm horribly shallow. I just have a particular type and it seems not particularly common.

perhaps a little off topic but, and i have little experience on dating sites, how fast do swipe or make your decision? I wonder if it might help to read their thoughts and get a feel for them? I find personalties every bit as attractive as asthetics. I also think men are programmed by nature to mate ...just look at the animal kingdom. Just a thought.

I like hair and smile 2 but it's all bums n boobs on here !!! Good job I like it all Phil 😉👍

AmyA wrote:

I've actually found I don't have a type as such. Admittedly I will "nope, nope, nope" bald, paunchy dullards who think "hi" is a good opening gambit but otherwise I go with their profile info and the quality of conversation when we chat. Not been successful so far...fingers crossed for my new guy. Lol.

This post is no longer available.
This post is no longer available.

I can appreciate a good looking guy when I see one although I have two very distinct types that I'm attracted to and an arrogant attitude can make that disappear very quickly. My partner on the other hand is like your other half who really doesn't seem to take much notice of other women at all.

I think i have a type, black hair and beard (not too long) but at the moment as I'm slowly exploring my sexuality (by myself as I'm so insecure) and i would really like to have someone i just find any male that passes near me attractive 😂😂😂 to which my friend responds with 🙄🙄🙄

you might think you have a type but you are truly attracted to someone when you really know the person, the personality, the attitude (to life, towards others) and some people end up with someone they didn't find attractive at all the first time they met

you never know to whom you can really be attracted to until you find it, I'm still waiting.....

My hubby hardly ever notices women.... I point hot ones out to him usually!!! I'm not really interested in looking at men as my hubby is beyond hot but my dentist however... I blush when we see him 😂😂

Me and wife are the same as you two, it seems. I do find a high number of women I see attractive, whereas she is much more selective.

I'm not sure if that makes me shallow or the complete opposite of shallow... I like to think it's the latter but sometimes I'm really not sure.

Aims85 wrote:

My hubby hardly ever notices women.... I point hot ones out to him usually!!! I'm not really interested in looking at men as my hubby is beyond hot but my dentist however... I blush when we see him 😂😂

Gutted your taken if I find women for ya hubby to check out 😂😉 your dentist your naughty I bet u love the words open wide!!!

Where do most guys look at women if I do with your oh with or without her support ?? :-) Shops / pub/ gym?

Phil42 wrote:

AmyA wrote:

perhaps a little off topic but, and i have little experience on dating sites, how fast do swipe or make your decision? I wonder if it might help to read their thoughts and get a feel for them? I find personalties every bit as attractive as asthetics. I also think men are programmed by nature to mate ...just look at the animal kingdom. Just a thought.

I do read the profiles of any I find even remotely attractive, on the rare occasions they have actually completed their profile. Looks are not the most important thing and I do agree that you can become attracted to someone's personality but unfortunately dating sites don't give much opportunity for developing that kind of attraction without the initial physical attraction.

Corset_is wrote:

AmyA wrote:

I've actually found I don't have a type as such. Admittedly I will "nope, nope, nope" bald, paunchy dullards who think "hi" is a good opening gambit but otherwise I go with their profile info and the quality of conversation when we chat. Not been successful so far...fingers crossed for my new guy. Lol.

I read the profiles but I think it's possible I have strong aromantic tendencys, meaning that I very rarely feel romantic love or feelings (although not totally aromantic) certainly not the same as being asexual. I do think I could develop romantic attraction to someone but it takes me much longer so without some initial physical attraction it's hard to get to that stage. Hope that makes sense, i'm still figuring it out myself!

Your new guy certainly sounds like you are on the right track 😉

The word would be yes, all the time. I often say to wifey that woman is attractive, she's pretty. I might point out certain parts of a woman, eyes, face, hair, legs, boobs, skin, even foot wear. Wifey does the same to me, probably not as much.

I woud say that I see a lot positive, and not so positive things about people. On another thread I have spoken about people being rude, I find it nice and attractive when people are polite and treat people with respect.