Do you keep your boxes?

There wasn't a general toys forum so I guess I'll put it in here for all the blokes to see =D

One thing I noticed today was that I have quite a lot of sex toy packaging taking up space in my room, I usually keep the packaging for things in case something goes horribly wrong and I need to return it. But with sex toys I prefer to keep things descrete so I'm having to find inventive hiding places not only for toys but also the packaging.

Does anyone else do this with their toys or do you just hope for the best and bin it all?

well once sex toys are used they cant be returned.

theres always pouches and cases you can buy, but remember to store your silicone toys seperatley.

theres also a thread on hiding toys, if you use the search function

i throw boxes away for most things cos i just don't have the room to keep them all! like you say though this could cause problems with faulty items! nothing has gone wrong yet *fingers crossed*!

i am all for recycling .... straight in the bin then I find a special little pouch for each item, that way the kids or voyueristic window cleaners see only makeup bags and rolls.

They CAN be returned once use IF FAULTY - not just because you don't like them.

But in this case you don't need the packaging. I have had to return a faulty item and just wrapped it and popped it in a padded envelope.

I keep some boxes - if they are worth it - ie: the ones that come in tins etc, but I have my own place so hiding is not an issue.

General packaging I deal with in the usual way.

ive got alot of packageing but its not cos of the worry it breaks its cos i live at home so cant put it in the normal rubbish lol when there not around i have a mass clear out lol.

and if you have a used faulty item, contact lovehoney and they still deal with it as you wont know its faulty till youve turned it on or used it.

Dxx

I keep the boxes that LH use to send the toys in because they're amazingly useful for storage! But I don't keep the packaging from my toys.

shellyboo wrote:

I keep the boxes that LH use to send the toys in because they're amazingly useful for storage! But I don't keep the packaging from my toys.

ha! Yeah they are fab, strong boxes.

Anyone remember the thread I had before about how we used them to hold up our broken bed (I still say THAT was LHs fault anyway! External Media) hehehe. Good times. We HAVE replaced the bed now ;)

shellyboo wrote:

lol very true! i have 2 of them under my desk with a whole bunch of stuff in!

I always keep boxes until i am sure there no longer needed, as in items work as they should. Handy to know if faulty you will not need the box thou here, but that will not stop me from keeping them :)

shellyboo wrote:

hmm thinking about it half my uni stuff like crockery was stored in LH delivery boxes XD

I have one of them behind me right this minute, on the shelf behind my desk, in my office!

Anyone else here thinking LH is missing out on selling a range of storage? lol

They could rival IKEA. And I agree that it is extremely handy to know you don't need the packaging. I'll have to chuck some excess boxes away now =D I've kept everything in the LH boxes too, although now I'll only need one of them.

Maybe there could be a competition for most inventive use of a delivery box? The winner receives a lifetime supply of boxes.

I'll own up too. I am a box hoarder... Oh, the shame.

But moving out a month or so again, I did have to say a sad farewell to much unnecessary packaging. I don't think I could have fitted in the car otherwise. But I definitely understand your 'returns' concerns, Student20, (from a girl who has her mobile phone box from 8 years ago), it's a good idea not to just rip it off and bin it. But perhaps give it a limited shelflife?! Also I don't throw away pretty boxes... Tragic, yes.

And total agreement here - LoveHoney cardboard boxes are a godsend. I couldn't move the entire contents of the kitchen, my room, and half the household crap without them :P

Student20 wrote:

Maybe there could be a competition for most inventive use of a delivery box? The winner receives a lifetime supply of boxes.

Genius. Oh, the mind boggles at the concept of a 'boxes in a box' prize delivery...

mimiaow wrote:

Student20 wrote:

Genius. Oh, the mind boggles at the concept of a 'boxes in a box' prize delivery...

lmao that would be amazing!

sweetlove666 wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

hmm thinking about it half my uni stuff like crockery was stored in LH delivery boxes XD

My cats sleep in the bigger ones when I have kicked them out of the house External Media

a lot of mine stay in their packaging as theyre all in my underbed storage and we've all already learned how differing materials don't play nicely with each other...

I can't say I've ever ordered anything big enough to warrant a box to deliever it, prob a failure on my part!

I keep my toys in the packaging they came in, only because I've found nothing better to store them in. Hoping LH will come up with an ingenious solution soon!