Do you wear latex? Why / Why not?

Hey y'all!

I'm after a bit of general feedback if you have the time to give us your thoughts...

Do you wear latex? Have you ever worn latex?

If not, why not? Is it down to lack of information? Lack of interest? Something else?

If you do wear latex, why do you wear it? Do you wear it for sensation? Style/looks? Also, where do you wear it? Do you save latex for private affairs and purely for sex/bedroom fun? Or wear it out and about clubbing, to events, for fancy dress?

If you do buy and wear latex, which brands or retailers do you like best and why? (please feel free to share links here) Tell us why you go to those brands. Is it price? Information? Choice? Recommendation?

If you don't/have never bought or worn latex, what would encourage you to try it for the first time? 

Thaaaaaanks! 

![](upload://CQuurV8Samw0t80fKawYL6bhLS.jpeg)

Hi Jess!
I can't give you much of a feedback as I've never worn or even tried latex. I'm certainly curious about it. I haven't yet tried it simply because I've always had different pieces of lingerie having my attention. Also, for something that I don't know how I feel about, it's harder to take the plunge and spend money on.
A cheaper price tag would certainly encourage me to try it for the first time ☺.

Hi Jess. I like latex. Not myself in it but my oh. We have only bought some items you supply at lovehoney. My oh isn't as keen. Firstly because of the struggle getting it on and secondly she says she looks like a bin bag in it. She obviously doesn't but once that is in her head it's difficult to overcome. I think that is down to the latex actually just being entry level latex. Maybe she would prefer some of the more expensive designer stuff. We are currently testing a datex product from your lovely selves which kind of removes the above obstacles a little so we will see where we go from there.
It is purely bedroom fun only.

Never bought or worn (either of us).

We did look recently at a top for her, but being a skin tight material we presumed (rightly or wrongly!) that it would have a bust-flattening effect, which she wanted to avoid.

Doesn't appeal to me personally as it just seems like it would be a very "sweaty" material.

Hi Jess, i have latex knickers and gloves ,purchased from here because Lovehoney is amazing. I like how the latex looks and feel on but getting them on can be a chore so they only come out once in a while.
I forgot to purchase shiner so if some came with products I'd be super happy.
X

Hi jess ive never tried it to be honest.It does look good on some people,but ive never been tempted to go out and buy some latex.

I could imagine it is pretty tough to get it on and off,which kinds of put me off a bit.The mrs doesnt have any latex either but im sure she would look good in it though.

I haven't worn latex because it doesn't do anything for my partner. However I do intend to try a couple of bits soon as I love the look of black latex when combined with black lace.

Hi Jess!

Neither of us is into latex (as of yet at least), so never even tried anything on. I must admit I am curious though, but I am not sure if he would appreciate it (note to myself: ask him). My only temptation is because of the looks, as I generally hate plastic, and try to avoid it everywhere, not just my wardrobe (and that includes even polyester or other very recurrent clothing fabrics), but also my kitchen and so on. My skin hates plastic, and our planet also. Latex does sound very sweaty, which I also loathe, and from what I've heard, getting into latex clothing, especially being a plus size, would not be easily done on my own - hence the surprise element gone.

So tu sum it up, the look does appeal to me, but all in all (prices included) I wouldn't venture into it. If something came my way as a freebie or tester, I would gladly give it a go, but wouldn't invest in.

Hi Jess!

I have never worn latex, and the main reason now is my weight. Can only imagine its like trying to stuff a sleeping bag back into it's sack.
I was never really interested when I was slimmer, simply because it seems like more of a fetish item. Typical that I am much more open to trying new things now 😅

I'm being sincere, I'm not a fan, because I wear latex gloves (and nitrile and butyle and protective gear in general) pretty much all day long in lab and after hour of non-transpirant rubber on my skin every day (sometimes up to my elbows), I tend to stay away from it as much as I can. I'm not a fan of the sensation on the skin, the hassle to put it on (and off).

Do you wear latex? Have you ever worn latex?

Yes and yes!

If not, why not? Is it down to lack of information? Lack of interest? Something else?

-

If you do wear latex, why do you wear it? Do you wear it for sensation? Style/looks? Also, where do you wear it? Do you save latex for private affairs and purely for sex/bedroom fun? Or wear it out and about clubbing, to events, for fancy dress?

The look mostly. I like the sensation of it against skin too, but mostly I just love the figure enhancing shiny awesomeness. I would wear it to clubs if we had any that weren't full of drunken teenagers who would destroy it with their falling over, clothes grabbing or puking, so while it is confined to bedroom time that's not to say I wouldn't wear it to an event given the opportunity. Crotchless things and the like would obviously be bedroom only!

I would definitely wear latex more often if there was a bigger range of datex, incidentally, as I love the easier dressing/wearing that lining brings. Great for days where joint pains flare and regular latex=major no no.

If you do buy and wear latex, which brands or retailers do you like best and why? (please feel free to share links here) Tell us why you go to those brands. Is it price? Information? Choice? Recommendation?

http://www.ladylucie.com because I LOVE the colours and designs on offer (both the colourful patterns and the clothing designs themselves). They're expensive but not as expensive as some, other places like http://www.westwardbound.com I would go to for the same reasons but the prices are generally higher. Size options matter too and greatly influence where I'd shop, one size fits many latex should work but to me (or should I say on me) it doesn't. I found them through an interest in latex fashion photography many years ago, so that's why I started going to them. I guess that's kind of a mix of choice on offer and reccomendation? I like that they make dresses that are suitable to be worn as dresses as well, as even confined to bedroom only use they are far more flattering.

I would gladly buy less elaborate items from here if they had small, medium large type sizing and a nicer range of colours than simply black or red. If you guys ever find pastel colours or special metallics at Lovehoney suitable prices I would kind of have to empty my bank account here. Just saying :p

If you don't/have never bought or worn latex, what would encourage you to try it for the first time?

-

I love satin and lace, never tried latex mainly because I am a big girl and I have heard latex is a total pain to get into..and if something is hard to get on, that Just makes me feel fat, hot and bothered..I've always liked the look of it though and judging by the reaction of my partner when I've wore the wet look lingerie , I think he would love me in it..also i am sensitive skin wise with it being a sweaty material I may also get an reaction so that and the fact I class it as more a dom look than sub I probably wouldn't invest to be honest xxx

Don't and haven't ever worn latex what puts me off the thought of trying to get in to it it's looks like a lot of struggle and efford to get on then because it's latex you get clammy inside which is why i love wetlook all the look of latex but easy to wear

Hi Jess

To be honest we are interested but never tried it due to sizing issues it never seems to come in big enough plus sizes or anything very sexy for me personally since I've been in hospital alot over the years and prodded and poked latex is more medical and less sexy thing for me probably just old bias the marigold glove feeling expectation but it stops you trying these things out.

I am really interested in latex and my fiancé wants to see me in it. We don't have any yet, mainly due to price, and lack of information, I think x

I admit that when I hear the word "latex" I immediately think of latex gloves - and labs, surgeries. And of house cleaning. I have a very, very sensitive nose and all latex gloves I have ever put on had very unpleasant, off-putting smell. I guess I am rather worried "sexy latex" would be a way too similar to those gloves "smellwise". And reading that you get all sweaty in latex dresses that are, moreover, rather difficult to put on/struggle your way out of... well, that does not exactly scream "sexy" to me. (I am quite intrigued by the wet look lingerie, though.)

I've only tried latex stockings but I wasn't fond of how sweaty they made me and how long it took to get them off again. If there were some latex items in pretty pastel colors sold here, I'd probably consider trying it again. It looks great and my partner loves latex, but there are easier options like wet look, faux leather and datex. I've only worn the stockings in the bedroom as I am definitely not confident enough to wear anything of the sort in public.

I saw a great datex skater dress recently, in electric blue, and I think I'd prefer to wear something like that. It looks a lot easier to put on and take off again. I'd rather pay the extra for something that I'd be more comfortable in.

I only own one latex item (the Sharon Sloane dress) but I intend to buy more.

What has stopped me rom rushing out and buying more is price vs quality. The dress I have is fair for the price but it isn't the best quality or the most flattering fit. It is also extremely short and I would like something I could wear to clubs. Ideally I would like something which is a step up in quality and price but not as expensive as some of the major brands.

I like latex for how it looks mainly. So far it has only been worn at home but if I had some better quality latex items I would wear them to clubs (fetish events and play parties).

I aim to one day own some libidex http://libidex.com but the price puts me off a little. I think I would probably be willing to pay that much once I knew what I liked and knew I could look after it properly.

The difficulty of getting in and out of latex does prevent me wearing it more often. Dressing aid helps a lot but it is still a bit of a faff. Datex interests me, as does chlorination.

My OH looks fantastic in latex and I would certainly get more but it is pricey for the good stuff. We love how it feels and how it hugs her figure. We would like to go to clubs wearing it but need the children to grow up a bit and some willing baby sitters.
I am not sure what men would wear to a latex club though.
Have bought from honour but would prefer to buy from Lovehoney if the range increased. Even looked up how to make it previously as we are as crafty as we are kinky!

Hope that helps Jess.

I've never worn latex. I'm curious about it but find it a bit intimidating because of worrying that it will be too tight, be difficult to get on and off (I'm always really put off by the idea of having to use talc or someting to get into it, and terrified of not being able to get out of it) and that it might cut into my skin creating nasty bulges - especially hips if it's panties, or thighs if it's stockings.

I'd be encouraged to try it if there were low-price items that I could test the water with to see what it feels and fits like. I think I've also seen some latex products that say they possess some sort of magical quality that means you don't have to use anything to get the garment on, so I'd be more inclined to buy something like that.