Does anyone work from home?!

what do you do?!
I need some extra money (who doesnt right?!) and my job sucks :( xxx

I was thinking about this today. I would love to work for a magazne or something, doing an anonymous blog or something similar. Or anything working from home that was easy, enjoyable, and pays.

QueenC wrote:

I was thinking about this today. I would love to work for a magazne or something, doing an anonymous blog or something similar. Or anything working from home that was easy, enjoyable, and pays.

I work from home, as a family we run our own retail business online.

It isn't easy, the hours are long. I am still working now and started at 10am this morning.

The money isn't great and you don't get paid for being sick.

We get calls from customers at odd times, favourite was 10 mins to midnight one new years eve - he was a little drunk.

VAT returns are a pain in the arse as are tax returns.

On the plus side I can fit it around my kids, they like what we do and help out.

Best advice is to do your research properly and find something you enjoy

xGGx

i too am intrested in this

Me too because I could do with money to help me while I'm a student. There are sites online that are supposed to help you, especially for students, but I haven't found anything quite right as yet.

yes same here cat lady

been looking for something for a while :(

Em i know that LuckyLesbo works from home, Shes a live bingo host on a website if i remember correctly :P. Id love to be able to work from home cause it would take out the factor of my anxiety and mean i could concentrate on the work. But not many jobs are work from homes

ghostgirl wrote:

QueenC wrote:

I work from home, as a family we run our own retail business online.

It isn't easy, the hours are long. I am still working now and started at 10am this morning.

The money isn't great and you don't get paid for being sick.

We get calls from customers at odd times, favourite was 10 mins to midnight one new years eve - he was a little drunk.

VAT returns are a pain in the arse as are tax returns.

On the plus side I can fit it around my kids, they like what we do and help out.

Best advice is to do your research properly and find something you enjoy

xGGx

Whats' your business, GG, if you don't mind me asking. I run a shop myself, so I know how much of pain it can be.

What I'm after is something thats more like a hobby, but with the bonus of getting paid- I love wiriting so a magazine like I mentioned would be great.

Hi QueenC, not prepared to say what we sell on here. It is a very small market and could easily ID me.

But it grew from a hobby that my parents shared an interest in.

xGGx

Yes i work from home, took me a hell of a long time to get a job and it is one of the few legitamate things you can do from home. The pay isn't good at all, in fact i get just below minimum wage and the hours are awful (but i am always home anyway so that part doesn't bother me)

I love my job, i love working from home, I love the days when i stay in bed and work or sit in my pjs and do my job. But it is not always as easy as everyone thinks a "work from home" job will be.

If anyone is serious about this there is a unpaid position available at the minute, unfortunatly everywhere in the chat moderator world requires experience, but if you are willing to be dedicated to it then this unpaid position is a great way to get the experience.

I used to be a bingo caller! I once applied to be a CM in a bingo room LL! It seemed like fun!

I know a fewbloggers, who have tried to turn their hobby into a source of income...but its not reliable. They get lots of stuff to review though.

I know it will probably sound a bit laughable to you, but if youre short of money and have time to spare, have you tried entering competitions? I have won quite a bit in the year Ive been doing it, including £10,000 (thats just 1 win)

I wish I did work from home !

luckylesbo wrote:

If anyone is serious about this there is a unpaid position available at the minute, unfortunatly everywhere in the chat moderator world requires experience, but if you are willing to be dedicated to it then this unpaid position is a great way to get the experience.

sounds interesting please tell me more

I work full time in accounts (boring!) but have just started working from home as finished my OU degree last year. Was contemplating teaching but can’t live without money (I know you get help but it wouldn’t cover it!) so I decided to set up my own copywriting and PR business from home basically doing it evenings and weekends. So, if anyone needs any articles written for print or your website, blog threads doing, social media and PR and search engine optimisation, primarily for websites/online content I am more than happy to help. At the moment, I am building a portfolio so doing FOC work and if more lengthy, reduced rates so..........ding me and I’ll always deliver a service with a smile LOL ;)

What's a chat moderator?

jenkat wrote:

I used to be a bingo caller! I once applied to be a CM in a bingo room LL! It seemed like fun!

I know a fewbloggers, who have tried to turn their hobby into a source of income...but its not reliable. They get lots of stuff to review though.

I know it will probably sound a bit laughable to you, but if youre short of money and have time to spare, have you tried entering competitions? I have won quite a bit in the year Ive been doing it, including £10,000 (thats just 1 win)

i used to work in bingo hall as well, and i play bingo online and have always thought good job to be a CM in the bingo rooms

rach74 wrote:

jenkat wrote:

i used to work in bingo hall as well, and i play bingo online and have always thought good job to be a CM in the bingo rooms

Awwww! I loved working in the bingo hall...I did everything from treasury to diner! Main stage calling was super fun! Yeah I play online bingo...and I occasionally play real bingo too!

i did it all apart from main stage calling and the parti bingo calling, working in the bar was the best, and yes i play real live land bingo as well, but shhhh dont tell every one lol

luckylesbo wrote:

Hi, im interested if the volenteer thing is avaialble, i have moderator experiance would you mind letting me know who i need to contact