Does Rabbit Amnesty still exist?

Hi all,

I know many moons ago Lovehoney did something called “Rabbit Amnesty”, where you could send them your old toys to recycle and you got points to use on new toys. Does anyone know if this still exists? I’ve had a look on their website and can’t see anything - I’ve also had a search on the forums and all the discussions are years old.

I’ve got a couple of old rechargeable toys that unfortunately have hit the grave, and so they can’t just go out with the rubbish, and I would like a more ecological way to dispose of them!

If not, does anyone know which catagory they would go in at the local recycling centre? Would it be small electricals?

Really appreciate any advice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I don’t think it exists any more, but there’s some info on how to recycle your toys here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/environment/

And @defam made a good point here:

5 Likes

Excellent thank you @Ian_Chimp - looks like they still recycle them but as @defam said would need to pay for postage.

Thanks for your help :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Lovehoney_Brenna . Sorry to bug you twice in one day but wondered if there was a definitive answer on the subject of toy recycling and whether the old Lovehoney scheme had definitely gone for good? Found a couple of long dead toys and wanted to be sure before deciding how best to dispose on in an environmentally friendly way. :grin:

Glad I searched before asking the same question. I’ve got a couple of rechargeable toys that unfortunately don’t hold a charge anymore and wanted to know of a way to dispose of them responsibly. Happy to see I can still send them to Lovehoney :lovehoney_heart:

3 Likes

It existed a couple of months ago and was explained on the website. I did have to pay for postage but I’m happy to do so if I can recycle in a non-embarassing way! I can’t find anything on the new website though. I hope they haven’t done away with it!

2 Likes

The link @Ian_Chimp posted before seems to still work and has all the info, so looks like it’s still going on :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

From my understanding of it (I’ve never used it :slightly_smiling_face:), you can send them your toys to recycle, but you won’t get any points added to your account. And you’ll have to pay the postage.

Yay! :grin: Thanks @SexInTheCity and @Ian_Chimp! phew! I was a bit worried I’d have to make a very embarrasing trip to the recycling centre. I’m sure they watch over your shoulder when you throw things away :flushed:

1 Like

Thanks @Ian_Chimp - that’s the answer I was looking for.

I’ll recycle locally then. The old points scheme was a good idea but it doesn’t seem too ‘green’ to add more packaging and postage to get someone else to recycle for me.

Not worried about any embarrassment at the recycling centre. They’ve seen some of the clothes I’ve put it the recycling before…:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like