Embarrasment at the Post Office

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

This would definately be my way of dealing with nosey old post office witches

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

xmorningxgloryx wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

I have to say this would be my approach! But I am someone who quite enjoys winding people up. If it is said in a very matter of fact way they probably won't believe you anyway!

I wish I was the sort of person that could do this. But I cringe just at the thought of it! I live in a really small village and get images of old people gossiping and than tutting at me as I walk down the street like I'm some sex pest lol How I wish I was the sort of person that doesn't care what they think..

Last year my son's girlfriend tried to shock us all be talking about her sex toy birthday present that her friend had given her.

I look the wind right out of her sails when I asked her if it was the six speed version with the turbo boost!

Strangely enough she has not mentioned her toys in front of me since, I wonder why?

Oh my gosh! Lol HH that is so funny!

Well I've been to the Post Office this morning with my OH to return a lovehoney purchase that we decided wasn't for us.

The woman behind the counter asked exactly what this post is discussing, exactly what was in the box. I told her I was returning an unwanted gift and she still kept pestering. She asked the lady next to her if she could send packages without knowing the contents, proceeded to give me a pamflet and asked me if it was any of that stuff.

I told her no but she still asked what it was, I told her it was a personal item I didn't want to discuss and she told me without knowing the contents they can't send it.

I then asked her how much detail she needed and proceeded to explain that it was a 'personal toy' that I was returning. She accepted this answer, enquired about batteries and then sent the item for me. She also told me that the Post Office had a new policy that was initiated last Monday where they have to know the contents of every package that they send, else they can't send it.

We walked away discussing it and my OH told me she was tempted to just blurt out that it was a sex toy, or even be more discriptive and explain its exact use and functionality. I found this highly hilarous.

If this is true and the new Post Office policy is to ask, I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

J

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

Well I've been to the Post Office this morning with my OH to return a lovehoney purchase that we decided wasn't for us.

The woman behind the counter asked exactly what this post is discussing, exactly what was in the box. I told her I was returning an unwanted gift and she still kept pestering. She asked the lady next to her if she could send packages without knowing the contents, proceeded to give me a pamflet and asked me if it was any of that stuff.

I told her no but she still asked what it was, I told her it was a personal item I didn't want to discuss and she told me without knowing the contents they can't send it.

I then asked her how much detail she needed and proceeded to explain that it was a 'personal toy' that I was returning. She accepted this answer, enquired about batteries and then sent the item for me. She also told me that the Post Office had a new policy that was initiated last Monday where they have to know the contents of every package that they send, else they can't send it.

We walked away discussing it and my OH told me she was tempted to just blurt out that it was a sex toy, or even be more discriptive and explain its exact use and functionality. I found this highly hilarous.

If this is true and the new Post Office policy is to ask, I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

J

Or a 12"dildo that was just not big enough!

l like that idea of moving the embarrasment at the Post Office to the other side of the counter.

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

J

Or a 12"dildo that was just not big enough!

l like that idea of moving the embarrasment at the Post Office to the other side of the counter.

I definately think we could make a thread/game out of this!

Would be highly amusing and maybe help people feel better if they're worried about returning items because of being asked 'what the package contains' (which in itself sounds rude ;))

J

I cannot play that game, my PO staff know me too well, but they never ask what is in my parcels anyway. The benefit of being a regular customer ( every day) and buying them a big tin of choccies during the pre Christmas posting rush.

I do have a suggestion for Lh, given that we cannot now post batteries which are out of their orriginal packaging would it not make sense for you to tell people returning toys to remove the batteries and not return them with the toy ?

Will add it to the pander to me thread as well

xGGx

If this is the case then I will have a good response for them in mind if they do ask. I still think it's wrong, if you say that there are no prohibited items in the package then what is the problem. It's an invasion of privacy, next they'll want everything sent in clear boxes.

I didnt read all of the replies so someone probably said it, but i work for the post office and as of the 15th july we have to ask everybody whats in every package by law (this used be be the case for overseas mail only), i personally hate having to ask it makes me feel very nosey.

Terri wrote:

I didnt read all of the replies so someone probably said it, but i work for the post office and as of the 15th july we have to ask everybody whats in every package by law (this used be be the case for overseas mail only), i personally hate having to ask it makes me feel very nosey.

If this is the case perhaps there should be a large poster about it so at least people can think of a response.

Also, if batteries are now prohibited what about all the sellers who are still selling them? On ebay for example.

Despina Rose wrote:

Terri wrote:

If this is the case perhaps there should be a large poster about it so at least people can think of a response.

Also, if batteries are now prohibited what about all the sellers who are still selling them? On ebay for example.

There arn't any posters but there are leaflets with the new information on it, also it kinda defeats the purpose of asking if people just make things up lol.

Batteries are not all prohibited theres restrictions on the amount that can be sent and they must be new ans sealed and packaged properly.

Terri wrote:

Despina Rose wrote:

Terri wrote:

There arn't any posters but there are leaflets with the new information on it, also it kinda defeats the purpose of asking if people just make things up lol.

Batteries are not all prohibited theres restrictions on the amount that can be sent and they must be new ans sealed and packaged properly.

But people aren't going to say a bottle of lubricant and a dildo. Neither of those are problems.

Well I'm glad they only implimented this last Monday LOL since when I had to return a LH item, I didn't have the time to go to the PO and generally always send my dad. So that would have been a fun conversation with my dad calling me in the middle of the day to ask me what was in the package.

Usually with rechargeable batteries they but a Hazard sticker on it to advise. Got the same thing wqhen I returned a faulty kindle.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hmm. Actually.. the battery thing could be a problem. What about batteries that can't be removed, like single use vibes or rechargeable vibes?

I suppose if you can't remove them then they're still in their original packaging? Otherwise we may have to do some toy dissection haha!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hmm. Actually.. the battery thing could be a problem. What about batteries that can't be removed, like single use vibes or rechargeable vibes?

Batteries inside items are fine to send within the uk

You shoul have just said with a perfectly straight face what it was. She would have sank so far into her chair she wouldn't be avle to get back up.... I'm actually shocked tho. There was absolutly no reason for her to ask and she has no right to for that matter x

ShyButCurious wrote:

You shoul have just said with a perfectly straight face what it was. She would have sank so far into her chair she wouldn't be avle to get back up.... I'm actually shocked tho. There was absolutly no reason for her to ask and she has no right to for that matter x

Someone posted: I didnt read all of the replies so someone probably said it, but i work for the post office and as of the 15th july we have to ask everybody whats in every package by law (this used be be the case for overseas mail only), i personally hate having to ask it makes me feel very nosey.

I would definatly complain! Thats out of order and they should be reported for their behavior in my opinion.

Complain!! She was out of order!

I'd have had fun with it though, wouldn't have been able to resist giving her a ridiculous answer. I think I'd have announced loudly that it was a giant strap on. SHE would have been the red faced one by the time I'd finished with her, the nosey cow!

Next time say it's the flux capacitor.