Erotic Asphyxiation

Puppies77 wrote:

rjcww wrote:

I've done it, a lot, and I love it. It's so erotic and intimate and scary and exciting and spacey and exhilerating and daring to do.

I couldn't describe it better myself. It's not something which we do all the time and sometimes just the feel of his hand against my throat is enough to get me going. :)

Same here!

I'd be worried that I wouldn't know whether I was coming or going...

rjcww wrote:

I've done it, a lot, and I love it. It's so erotic and intimate and scary and exciting and spacey and exhilerating and daring to do. When I trust someone enough to let them place their hand over my mouth and pinch my nose, staring into their eyes as they decide when to release me, it's one of the most intense and erotic experiences I can have. I love it when I start needing to breathe and squirm, whimper, widen my eyes and try to communicate my desperation, still knowing it's in their control. I love that.

I also like to self-asphyxiate when masturbating. I just cover my mouth and nose with my left hand whilst my right hand stimulates me. I don't withold breath the entire time though. Routinely, I quickly exhale and inhale, enough to survive longer, not enough to get rid of the effects that axphyxiation has. And I love it when I come, hand over my mouth, back arched, desperate to remove my hand and breathe again but just pushing for those last few seconds before finally, I release and breathe. It's one of the most amazing feelings to breath again after that!

I'm a massive fan of breathplay, despite the dangers.

I must admit I loved learning all about breathplay when I first heard about it, there is something powerful and erotic about having that responsibility. Definitely not something you could ever do without being 110% focussed on what you are doing, and without researching fully. It was fascinating being exposed to this whole other world.

Equally like JayGee, just the hand around the throat is enough to get the blood pumping. I'd love to be on both ends of breathplay.

I used to think I was alone in this! I used to hold my breath and hold my head underwater in the bath when I touched myself and thought it was a bit weird but went with it anyway! Needless to say I was thrilled when my partner didn't even flinch when I told him I liked it and every now and then I think he rather enjoys giving my neck a little squeeze! xxKPxx

The first time I ever came across asphyxiation for sexual pleasure was when I heard about some sort of obscure practise in Japan or somewhere else in Asia where men would take their partners out onto a lake in a boat and position the woman over the side of said boat with their head under the water. Obviously it could be a cultural thing, but quite similar to breath play.

Personally I wouldn't want to try this, I wouldn't be all that comfortable trying it on a partner even if they asked just in case something went wrong. Especially after reading about accidental suicides where guys hung themselves whilst trying to masturbate but forgot or were unable to undo the noose.

Obviously something for the more experienced players out there.

Student20 wrote:

The first time I ever came across asphyxiation for sexual pleasure was when I heard about some sort of obscure practise in Japan or somewhere else in Asia where men would take their partners out onto a lake in a boat and position the woman over the side of said boat with their head under the water. Obviously it could be a cultural thing, but quite similar to breath play.

And that is that my friends, is how the legend of Moby Dick was born...

I'll get my coat...

I never thought this would be a turn on but honestly, he put his hands round my neck a few days ago and it drove me wild...He didn't stop me breathing, or even restrict it but I found myself pushing my neck harder into his hands....I loved it, but then I think I have a very submissive side of myself that needs exploring....agree with the above who mentioned it being about power....and of course I trust my OH completely!

It did work didn't it AdnaW!

I wouldn't like to stop you breathing though... I'd end up as jailbait and of course I don't want you dead!

Haha not completely....but maybe a little restriction might be fun?....you online? <3

I tried a little restriction play last night for the first time with my OH.

We each just pressed lightly at first but slowly stronger but when we each said while we had a play.

We had taps for harder and stopping, it was all safe and there was little air restriction but the pressure made it feel like the other person was in control and it heightened pleasure. We didnt stop each other breathing or anything and we slowly built up the pressure as the person said.

Also are there any collars or anything that can slowly increase pressure but quickly undo it? Perhaps an inflatable one?

That's really bad about your friend Hella.

Thanks for the informative post and links.

We didn't constrict air supply just simply added pressure.

I agree with the solo play, it is much safer with a partner.

Please be careful with this practice people i would hate to read about your death on here or in the papers

I do enjoy it, but would never dream of doing it alone: even if you're being safe, there's too much risk of something going wrong and there being no one around to save you. And I've said no to it with several partners, because it's not worth it if you're not able to trust the person 100%, not just the normal trust, but also to know their own strength, or to know what to do if things did go wrong, or to read you well enough that if you need to tap out but can't manage the safe word/sign, so they can call it themselves. Had that a couple of times, just got too close and while I wasn't unconcious, I found I couldn't control my arms more than a slight twice, so couldn't make any sign that I wanted him to stop, but luckily he saw straight away that my attitude had changed and stopped both times. I haven't found anyone I could trust like that since, so I've stuck to light play or none at all. Guess the biggest thing is tailoring your limits to your partner, too.

My last partner wanted me to do this to her, I was unsure. Knowing my bad luck it would go wrong & I would end up in prison. She opted for fisting instead. Does anyone get off on fisting? Any tips what to do with your hand when it's fully inserted to the vagina? She came buckets on my hand, it didn't take long for me to cum either. I'm not into strangling, but I did let her try & suffocate me with her wet & sloppy pussy, I enjoyed that gagging for air.

If the near feeling of death get''s you off i'm afraid there's something not quite right ..sorry but life is hard ,trying to stay alive is even harder why risk it for a few seconds of pleasure when you've spent years avoiding it?

I think it's less the "near death" thing as a combination of the physical part (there is some sciencey reason for the reduced oxygen intensifying orgasm) and the idea of trusting someone to that degree: it's the same as the helplessness of being tied up, but just much more extreme. There is a phrase I heard a few times that sums a lot of this stuff up, where you should give someone the power to destroy you, and trust them not to do it.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Maybe it'd be worth bumping the thread about throat play - erotic asphyxiation is about breath play which is more scary and I don't think that's what you're really talking about MM? It might prevent some of the more "harsh" comments that seem to have been made :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/bondage/75484-kinky-question/

Adxx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Maybe it'd be worth bumping the thread about throat play - erotic asphyxiation is about breath play which is more scary and I don't think that's what you're really talking about MM? It might prevent some of the more "harsh" comments that seem to have been made :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/bondage/75484-kinky-question/

Adxx

Thanks for the thread bump Ad, I thought that it was all the same thing External Media

I do think that a lot of harsh comments have been made even though I said quite clearly that we didn't constrict air supply much if at all. I get that people are simply putting their point of view across on the safety of the play, I do think that posted several times about something you haven't tried is rather rude and unhelpful which isn't great for a supposed open community. Warnings have been made about solo play due to dangers but if you are very careful and you are your partner is aware I dont think that there is too much to worry about as long as you dont constrict air supply to almost a unconscious state.

Will you not just listen without comment and think ok they havea valid point there.And stop thinking nobody cares about the dangers of constriction of another persons air.I do, i have nearly been strangled not in a sexual act but in violence and beleive me it's not a nice experience to have had.And to think somone is doing this for fun is frightening ok.