Face photos on here - yay or nay?

I'm sorely tempted to post a face photo on here as my dp but I'm also super concerned about privacy... thoughts?!

I think it should be up to you :)

It depends how open you are because even though the photo will be private to public it will not be to the entire LH community. It depends how open you are and if your ok with people knowing about your antics on LH.

Although on here you will find everyone in general is respectful of privacy. You would just have to be careful of anyone on here who already knows you finding out if you didnt want that :)

For me it would be a no go as i put on a face to the world and hide alot of my problems so it would be hell for that to be out with a name to the face as i know alot of people do have LH accounts.

Depends on your situation hun x

It's a no from me. Even my avatar wears a mask!

Some jobs are just not compatible with being identified on here.

Ah, true... To be honest, I keep my circle small IRL and most of that circle know of my love for Lovehoney as it is!

Tbh AsYouWish, my job would be fine and dandy with it... I work in the food/bar industry!

The only thing that'd stop me is if my mum was on here... I highly doubt that.

No for me, mainly because of work but also incase someone i know recognises me and i could do without extra gossip!

Can you imagine if your mum decided to use a face pic as her profile pic on here and one day you just stumbled across it in the forum posts...
Not for me - I prefer the anonymity on here :-)

Essentially, it is whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally, I wouldn't just in case someone I work with saw it or worse, my kids!

BarginHunta wrote:

Can you imagine if your mum decided to use a face pic as her profile pic on here and one day you just stumbled across it in the forum posts...
Not for me - I prefer the anonymity on here :-)

God, that is a terrifying thought! I think I'll stick to my arse then. Slightly less people will recognise that than my face.

I've got my face, but it's masked and edited so it doesn't look much like me - I don't even have this colour hair!

Would never put a face pic on , for all I know my grown up kids could be on here ! Could lead to all sorts of embarrassment .

I've had my face as my avatar for quite a while and not trouble people seeing it. I guess for others it depends on how they feel.

If you think about it and worry who might see it them don't bother but if it's the opposite then go ahead.

For me its too public for face photos . You never know who may be viewing the forums . There is nothiing for example stopping my teenage son viewing the forums. Too risky for embarrasement factor .

If it was made a members only forum for both access and posting then I may reconsider .

I have no kids or anyone to catch me out... I'll try to see if I can take a nice photo... if I can then I might very possibly do it!

As I aforementioned, I'm fine with putting my face out on here, also I don't have any children - but I can definitely see where the mums and dads on here are coming from! I wouldn't ever put up a full face photo though, that's a little too public for me. I'm sure there's many women with fringes and round faces in the world for me to hide amongst :)

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

As I aforementioned, I'm fine with putting my face out on here, also I don't have any children - but I can definitely see where the mums and dads on here are coming from! I wouldn't ever put up a full face photo though, that's a little too public for me. I'm sure there's many women with fringes and round faces in the world for me to hide amongst :)

I like your thinking :) I'm gonna play around and see what I can come up with.

I don't know if mine counts, because it's a photo of my face but edited and blindfolded so personally I feel I'd be hard to identify. I don't know what others think of that though.

I personally wouldn't post a full face photo just in case someone I know is on here, same way that I wouldn't give my real name out on here as I don't want to be traced. But in general, the people on here are very respectful so it's not that I'd feel uncomfortable, I'm just paranoid! At the same time, although I'm tempted to use a bum pic or something I'm reluctant because I feel like it's for my partners eyes only, so my profile picture is a bit of a compromise.

Up to u hun... I wouldn't as if recognised would be a job loser xx

I've changed my mind for now, I'm feeling too lazy to actually take a decent photo 😜 I'm not too bothered about having my arse out on my DP. The only thing that'd bother me is if people think it's a bit tacky.