farting during sex

Last night I farted in the middle of the act, and feeling really embarrassed. My OH didn't mention but I know she heard.

Has this happened to anyone else?

it happens to everyone, your OH probably didn't want to embarass you.

whats worse for women is when you get trapped air downstairs in certian positions, i find it pretty funny now but i was mortified the first time!

1 Like

As long as it's not while he other is going down it's totally fine, she probably didn't mention it because it's not something she'd consider worth mentioning. Me and OH have a good laugh over farts, his mainly so it'd gave been hilarious in our bed

My hubby once farted while I was giving him oral. His farts need to come with a health warning so I wasn't impressed! We had a good laugh about it though. But fanny farts due to trapped air are terrible during sex, we usually have to stop then start again once we stop laughing!

That is one of my worst fears, it used to play on my mind when we were having sex but not anymore. It hasn't happened to us but trapped air happens once in a while, we both ignore it or end up laughing. It happens most with anal but I'm quite lucky, my boyfriend thinks everything is normal and nothing phases him so it only bothers me really.

GlamRockChick wrote:

fanny farts due to trapped air are terrible during sex, we usually have to stop then start again once we stop laughing!

I agree. We laugh about it now but the first time it happened I could have wept! Happens to everyone though. This thread has made me feel a little better now! LOL xx

It's happened to a few women I've been with and we've laughed it off, but now it's me I feel really awkward haha.

I think everyone at some point will fart during sex. Why wouldn't we - its a natural thing for the human body and something we have little control over. There's no need to feel embarrassed - your partner probably just thought it was unimportant which is why she didn't mention it. Hubby and I do have agiggle if it happens but it never interrupts us - pleasure is much more important than the odd fart or two.

The OH has farted during sex before, but we ignored it and carried on! It's nothing to worry about - I guess it's just something that happens :P x

You know what, it happens. It's totally natural and sometimes we just can't fight it. I always do my best to not 'break wind' if I can help it (i.e I know it's coming) so i'll go to the bathroom or something. But there are times when they do sneak up on you, and it's usually when you are doing something quite vigorous (so sex). Don't dwell on it!

Listen , farts happen! We just laugh it off lol. We were friends for 8 years then finally got together 6 years ago. The first time we had sex i was bent over while he was giving me anal and it slipped out but he slammed it back in really quickly and this HUGE fart slipped out that literally pushed him out of me! We couldn't even go back to having sex that night because we were both in fits if laughter to the point of tears lol. It was our 'sexiversary' (lol) on monday and we were laughing about it then! Too funny . Its a natural function, although it isnt sexy you have to laugh lol

Gosh the embarassment of farting. Natural bodily actions. Does not mean it was deliberate.

As others have said, it's a completely natural thing for your body to do and it isn't anything to be embarrassed by. Sex itself was never really designed to be a dignified affair - you see parts of each other that the sun never does, and there are bodily fluids and lubricants mixing with air and pumping motions... it's never going to be a silent affair. :P

That's why I like to have some mood music playing during sex - so many "rude" sounds happen during sex, not just farting. And I know myself well enough to know that I can't ignore a fart or a rude sound - I'm completely juvenile, and I'd get a fit of the giggles. A fart wouldn't ruin the mood but my amused snorts probably would!

I'm completely juvenile, and I'd get a fit of the giggles. A fart wouldn't ruin the mood but my amused snorts probably would!

+1. I'd find it hilarious!

lol i agree that statement is funny :)

My partner farts A LOT but I admit he farted durinf sex a while back and I was not impressed

Me and OH have just been laughing about the time I was fingering his bum and he farted! It felt so weird! We couldn't stop laughing!

Terraflare wrote:

it happens to everyone, your OH probably didn't want to embarass you.

whats worse for women is when you get trapped air downstairs in certian positions, i find it pretty funny now but i was mortified the first time!

The first time this happend to my wife and I it ended our session, that was the young naive us though now we power through while stifling our giggles.

Lmao Young and Fun! The joys of 'bum fun' lol x

It happens, me and my partner just think it's really funny haha.

Fanny farts are the worst! Can't say I've ever had them while we've been making love usually after or when my partner is using a toy on me 🙈 lol.

Lol lollipop! In scotland we call a fanny fart 'muff guff' lol, attractive, eh? Haha.

I've inly 'fanny farted' on e my whole life. It was when I was still a virgin. i was doing sit-ups and on the 'up' this little fart happened! I ran downstairs and was shouting at my mother 'oh my god i've just farted and it didnt come out my arse!! I need to go to the doctors!' At which point she near died laughing and explained to me about how air can get trapped in your vagina. i was mind blown! i totally thought something was wrong with me haha x