Feeling a bit low at the moment

Feeling a bit low at the moment but it isn't depression.

I think the nonestop rain is getting me down . My coat stinks because its not had chance to dry properly .

Both of us are exhausted when we get in at the evening so full sex is off the menu although like all good couples should, we still give each other cuddles which say everything is OK in that dept.I also bought her some flowers yesterday as well.

A think both of us could do with a break but both of us are working 6 days a week at the moment certainly until about the 21st when I finish and 23rd when my Mrs finishes.I think both of us are looking foward to the 2 week break .

Also my thought about Christmas and the parties that will be coming up are on hold .

I suppose its only a few more weeks to go so I guess not for ever.

I suppose on the positve front as the weather is so miserable neither of us are spending much money so both of our bank accounts will be swelling , so looking forward to the sales after Boxing Day.

life is full of ups and downs. that doesn't maek it easier to deal with teh downs though.

When I feel low, I like nothing more than ice cream, but I also eat that when I'm feeling high, middling, super-elated and generally all the time. Pizza is also good too, as is chocolate.

It's always lovely to read how loving your relationship is, even when you are both exhausted. It's so easy to fall out of the habit of little things like cuddles and non sexual intimacy, not to mention lovely pick me ups like flowers. Genuinely inspiring to see an example of two people making it work so well :)

I know where you are coming from with regards to the weather putting a damper on everything. Cold and wet is pretty miserable. I hope your mood lifts sooner than the weather does, as it does all seem a bit unending at the minute with storm after storm hitting the UK. Feel better soon mysteron!

Thats a good idea thanks might get a tub of expensive ice cream and share it with the Mrs.

I think its the weather thats getting me more down than anything else its so wet ,dark and miserable .

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It's always lovely to read how loving your relationship is, even when you are both exhausted. It's so easy to fall out of the habit of little things like cuddles and non sexual intimacy, not to mention lovely pick me ups like flowers. Genuinely inspiring to see an example of two people making it work so well :)

I know where you are coming from with regards to the weather putting a damper on everything. Cold and wet is pretty miserable. I hope your mood lifts sooner than the weather does, as it does all seem a bit unending at the minute with storm after storm hitting the UK. Feel better soon mysteron!

Thanks Lovebirds

mysteron wrote:

Thats a good idea thanks might get a tub of expensive ice cream and share it with the Mrs.

I think its the weather thats getting me more down than anything else its so wet ,dark and miserable .

I hate the dark cold wetness too... Miserable...

Take some time out to enjoy a hobby indoors...arts n craft, scalextric, jigsaw puzzles...anything that takes your mind off the dirge that is UK winter....

Luv bunny wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I hate the dark cold wetness too... Miserable...

Take some time out to enjoy a hobby indoors...arts n craft, scalextric, jigsaw puzzles...anything that takes your mind off the dirge that is UK winter....

Both of us have plenty of hobbies but we are just too exhausted to work on them! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) Both of us are like zombies when we get in and naturally because of the lack of time the house is beginning to get in a mess as both of us have only time for the essentials such. as cooking, washing up and clothes washing .We litterally just collapse in a heap on the settee and cuddle each other before falling asleep to the TV and then both waking up at around 1 or 2 am before going to bed.

Honestly its that bad at the moment !

Sorry your feeling so down, the bad weather and dark nights really don't help. It won't be long until your Christmas break, then you can tuck yourselves away, play boardgames, cook roast dinners, drink hot chocolate, and generally relax together. In the meantime, I really hope your mood lifts, and please eat copius amounts of ice cream and pizza, it really does help :) *hugs* xx

I take extra Vitamin D in the foul weather to help boost my mood and energy levels. When I am feeling constantly cold a nice warm bath with the OH may help? Throw in some essential oils as they can also help with mood.

Sending virtual positive vibes here... hang in there as this too shall pass and I hope posting and venting a bit helps

I take extra Vitamin D in the foul weather to help boost my mood and energy levels. When I am feeling constantly cold a nice warm bath with the OH may help? Throw in some essential oils as they can also help with mood.

Sending virtual positive vibes here... hang in there as this too shall pass and I hope posting and venting a bit helps

+1 with huge hugs xx

I'm so with you on this topic Mysteron. It hasn't stopped raining here for weeks, I'm sick of getting wet all the time and of being cold ( I just generally hate winter ) It's seems to be dingy and miserably all the time and it can really get you down can't it?
Unfortunately this quite often leads to comfort eating for me, something I need to nip in the bud! Afraid I can't offer anything in the way of advice other than to say that you're not alone in feeling how you do x

mysteron wrote:

Feeling a bit low at the moment but it isn't depression.

I think the nonestop rain is getting me down . My coat stinks because its not had chance to dry properly .

Both of us are exhausted when we get in at the evening so full sex is off the menu although like all good couples should, we still give each other cuddles which say everything is OK in that dept.I also bought her some flowers yesterday as well.

A think both of us could do with a break but both of us are working 6 days a week at the moment certainly until about the 21st when I finish and 23rd when my Mrs finishes.I think both of us are looking foward to the 2 week break .

Also my thought about Christmas and the parties that will be coming up are on hold .

I suppose its only a few more weeks to go so I guess not for ever.

I suppose on the positve front as the weather is so miserable neither of us are spending much money so both of our bank accounts will be swelling , so looking forward to the sales after Boxing Day.

I'm so very sorry to read this! I think that break can't come soon enough for you both. I know all this wind and rain is annoying my FM, I think it's getting everyone a little blue. I hope the ice cream you intend to buy makes you feel just a little better mysteron x

Well I didn't get the Ice cream but a box of luxury chocolates instead and we scoffed the lot. Bit to cold for ice cream me thinks but great idea .

I also bought a box of Maltesers and got 2 tape measures and we both lay at opposite ends of the settee .With the tape measures extended and elevated making sure that there are no kinks , we rolled Maltesers down the tape measure into each others mouths . Pinched the idea from TFI Friday . We did this whilst watching the box. Any dropped ones that landed on each of our bodies were retrieved using mouths only. I enjoyed the ones that dropped down my Mrs' cleavage !

Perhaps a silly thing to do but it made us laugh and in doing so raised our spirits.

After this we went to bed and cuddled together before we both passed out .

We have also decided to go on a date night this coming thursday, as there is a pub we frequent in the town centre that has curry nights on thursdays . I think this will help break up the tedious week for us both.

Many thanks for all your kind comments and support , I appreciate compared to some of the problems we get on the forum that mine was a more trivial one but never the less it does help discussing it with others for some fabulous ideas and encouragemant.

Thanks to you all .

mysteron wrote:

Well I didn't get the Ice cream but a box of luxury chocolates instead and we scoffed the lot. Bit to cold for ice cream me thinks but great idea .

I also bought a box of Maltesers and got 2 tape measures and we both lay at opposite ends of the settee .With the tape measures extended and elevated making sure that there are no kinks , we rolled Maltesers down the tape measure into each others mouths . Pinched the idea from TFI Friday . We did this whilst watching the box. Any dropped ones that landed on each of our bodies were retrieved using mouths only. I enjoyed the ones that dropped down my Mrs' cleavage !

Perhaps a silly thing to do but it made us laugh and in doing so raised our spirits.

We have also decided to go on a date night this coming thursday, as there is a pub we frequent in the town centre that has curry nights on thursdays . I think this will help break up the tedious week for us both.

Many thanks for all your kind comments and support , I appreciate compared to some of the problems we get on the forum that mine was a more trivial one but never the less it does help discussing it with others for some fabulous ideas and encouragemant.

Thanks to you all .

Aww I love this! Take care huni xxx

mysteron wrote:

Thanks to you all .

The maltesers game sounds like lots of fun! Talking about things really does help doesn't it. I'm pleased you are feeling a bit better, and the date night sounds like a great idea :) xx

Hope date night helps, sounds like a great idea :) x

Pleased to hear that you had a better evening yesterday :)

Thanks guys. There are quiter a few things one could do with Matlesers for fun . Well worth the 99p investment ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

mysteron wrote:

Thanks to you all .

So sorry to hear uve been feeling like that ... then i saw this msg and thought that is great .. inspirational to hear how lovely you two seem .. and how u overcame the darkness with the "lighter" way to enjoy chocolate.. jokes aside lovely heart warming story .. and yeah ..trully lovely :-)

Mr black wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thanks to you all .

So sorry to hear uve been feeling like that ... then i saw this msg and thought that is great .. inspirational to hear how lovely you two seem .. and how u overcame the darkness with the "lighter" way to enjoy chocolate.. jokes aside lovely heart warming story .. and yeah ..trully lovely :-)

Thanks mate

A lot of that is because we work as a partnership . For example we don't have a head of houshold. the head is the partnership . We do everything together and we do give each other space to do our own thing as well mainly hobbies in this instance .But everything else wd do together .The only thing we don't have together suririsingly are our bank accounts. Sole accounts work better for us .

In a nutshel my wife is my lover,soulmate,partner and best mate all rolled into one .