Feeling low

I am at the stage of lockdown where it’s a total repeat of every day and I am starting to get annoyed all the time

my work has decided that we will be working from home until September and rules are tightened where we are at the minute

of course, I understand my mood is not the most important thing but I feel so down

@biggie79 i feel your pain, my OH has been off since March and was told last week she’s off until end of October. She has gone through similar feelings, after doing all the odd jobs, diy, spring cleaning etc. I have tried to keep her happy and occupied when I’m not at work. My latest ruse is to put her in charge of a bathroom refit, choosing styles, colours suites etc. Hopefully you can find something to occupy and cheer you up?

2 Likes

its crazy i am not lik this at all i have built a bar,put the lazy spa up , mowed the lawn. I am getting so restless

Trying to find things to do , reviews , jobs everything lol

Thank You

I’m not even sure what month it is any more. Isn’t it like March 165th or something? :slightly_smiling_face: I very nearly forgot to wish a friend a Happy 40th yesterday as I hadn’t quite clocked what day/date it was.

1 Like

I’m the same @biggie79 the lowest I’ve been in my life…can’t say too much about my crap on here. Hang on in there…hopefully things will get there soon for the sake and mental health and well being of us all…:kissing_closed_eyes:

I’ve spoken to many people recently who’ve been saying similar things so you’re not alone. I guess everyone’s finished all their projects and to-do lists.

Check in with yourself on your mental health often and keep in contact in with people. It’s really important we look after each other right now.

Not much advice to offer except to say, you are not alone and lots of us are feeling the same way. I’ve been working from home since March and we have been told we will not be going back until 2021 at the earliest. Which is extremely hard.

Don’t get me wrong I am grateful and fortunate to have a job, but it is hard. Especially with two little ones and a husband who has been shielding. However we will all get there and try and stay positive.

We have been giving our house a bit of a makeover and trying to just find random, silly little things to stay cheerful about :sparkling_heart:

Most of the time I don’t remember what day of the week it is when I wake up , I have to pick my phone to check! Everyday seems like the last , all merging into one big blur. Thank goodness I can while a way some time on this forum
Hang in there @biggie79 hopefully things will start to pick up soon :smiley:

One obvious thing is to hang out here, we’re a friendly bunch and will always try and offer serious positive advice amongst the fun topics.

2 Likes

Really sorry your feeling like this, please keep a support net of friends and family on Skype on stand by to talk with when things get really hard. Try and keep active with regular exercise or hobbies within the home or back garden. Go for a jog once a day to reduce stress and read book, watch tv series, do some art, start baking, redecorating house, do gardening, and complete DIY tasks. Keep active so your not thinking about it and have some time in the garden if you have one for fresh air regularly. Stay safe. Xx

I hear you! I’ve been finding this time tough although I’m used to being a homebody. It probably hasn’t helped that I’ve dealt with a bereavement in my extended family and another family member is in hospital undergoing a serious operation.

Things that have helped me are daily meditation, going on my bicycle every other day, spending less time on the internet, home clutter reduction (some charity shops are accepting donations again), crafts and trying to learn French. And still I am looking for stuff to do.

1 Like

I feel you @biggie79 and I’m sorry you’re having a rubbish time at the moment.

Have you got friends and family you can see? (Either with social distant or via video chat). When I’m struggling and feeling crappy I don’t feel like seeing people at all, but it always makes me feel so much better when I do. I literally have to force myself to do it, but as soon as I’m there I find myself so much happier.

@biggie79 - sorry you are feeling low. I think many of us feel out of sorts, thrown off-kilter at the moment. Everyone on this thread seems to be having similar experiences, and have made good suggestions.
Are you furloughed or working from home? If you are furloughed I guess you’ll have more time on your hands than you are used to.
My OH is working from home, and will be for a while as one of our children was shielded. I’m used to being at home but not used to all 5 of us being crammed in together. It is a weird time.
I can’t do the decorating and tidying etc I would like to do due to spinal arthritis - so I’m paying the teens to do it and I’m spending a lot of time on-line. I do voluntary work which I can do from home, and I’m in a book group which is continuing to meet via Zoom.
I find I wake up anxious about the bigger picture (killer viruses etc) but tend to feel better once the day gets going - even if every day is the same. My GP has prescribed something short term to help with nightmares / insomnia (my youngest was on a ventilator during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic) - so don’t forget that your GP is an option if your mood starts to get the better of you.
Good luck - at least this forum is a friendly place to hang out.

1 Like

Also, if possible see your doctor, mental health is as important as physical health, especially during this strange period.

@Alicia4Ever yes, I thought of you when I wrote that as you said you live alone. I lived by myself until I moved in with OH at the age of 33, and I’m an introvert (do you know Myers-Briggs?) so I liked it. I like having 3 kids too, and enjoy everyone’s company. It is just too much of the same thing for everyone, with very little variety - I think that is what makes it difficult rather than company / being alone in itself. It’s unbalanced.

1 Like

I would recommend making sure you don’t stay inside all the time. I personally know some people have quite bad anxiety and are worried/frightened to go out at all, but being outside for a little while is scientifically proven to have benefits to mental and physical health. So even if it is a short walk around your local streets, to a park or if your like me and live in Scotland you can head up to Trossachs and climb a Munro. and its easy to stay away from people.

Also try and find a new hobby that can take up some time. I play Xbox and games with my friends, my partner has taken up journaling and scrapbooking and do a little bit everyday.

Another little thing that helps, although sometimes I can’t be arsed, make your bed in the morning and open the curtains. As getting into a made bed in the evening feels better

2 Likes

I agree with @Curums123 sunshine and even daylight is a great mood lifter.

I hear you @biggie79 it’s a really odd time and not something anyone has really been through before. I can only really echo what others have said, I hope things will pick up soon, look after yourself.

I’ve found things like going out for a drive, no destination in mind, just seeing where the road takes me, enjoying the scenery helps boost me, not sure if something like that might help?

Good on you for opening up - that’s a big thing even if it doesn’t seem like much xx

4 Likes