First Band You Saw Live?

Just watching Pointless with Iron Maiden and Showaddywaddy singers teamed up…which inspired this topic!

I have seen Iron Maiden numerous times with all 3 singers, but my first ever live band was Showaddywaddy…don’t laugh, it was a birthday treat for my cousin in the 70’s! They were amazing live and having 2 drummers sounded brilliant! Romeo Challenger did a drum solo and it inspired my love of drummers to this day!

So what was your first live gig? Don’t be embarrassed! :wink:

8 Likes

I think it was Lighthouse Family at Wembley Arena with a school friend.

3 Likes

Stereophonics. Legends.

5 Likes

Prince

(well the 1st real live band saw lots of tributes before that)

5 Likes

S Club 7 :joy:

5 Likes

Wet wet wet :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Take That as a five piece. Seen them as a 5, 4 and 3 man band :joy:

4 Likes

The Jam : Sheffield Students’ Union

4 Likes

Pink Floyd at Leeds Poly around 1967 ish.

5 Likes

steps ! I also saw them a couple of years ago as well :joy:

3 Likes

Alice cooper. Joan Jett and motorhead

7 Likes

Lady Gaga!

2 Likes

Too cool! :wink:

2 Likes

Level 42

Three days grace

3 Likes

2nd band was then jerico

1 Like

Prodigy - Brixton Academy. Took days for my hearing to recover, but it was well worth it! Amazing :star_struck:

7 Likes

I envy you! A lifelong Jam fan here, but by some accident of fate I never got to see them live.

My first live band was Soft Machine at the Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, 1971. I was only 13 so my elder brother had to go with me, poor sod - he hated their music! :laughing: Next one I can remember after that was the Sensational Alex Harvey Band - and they were! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It was an eye opener for many reasons. Me and my mate were the only ones drinking beer I think!
But they were one of the best gigs I have seen.

1 Like

I think Placebo was the first proper band I saw live shortly after starting Uni.

My home city used to have lots of smaller music venues though and I’d been to loads of great gigs at them throughout my teenage years.

Seen Maiden a few times now @WillC , I think that is a Pointless I will have to watch soon on iPlayer!

9 Likes