First Band You Saw Live?

Saw placebo on the meds tour …amazing

3 Likes

I first saw Placebo at V97, so they can’t have been my first proper band - must have been a couple of years earlier, Reef or The Levellers, I definitely remember, (Prodigy would have been at V97 as well! - ace!)

4 Likes

Hear’Say

1 Like

Status Quo at Birmingham NEC in 1981 I think

5 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Mid Eighties

4 Likes

I like the jazzy Soft Machine, have 3-6 in the car, and SAHB Live.

Wasn’t aware of Romeo Challenger what a great name! Reminds me of the guitarist told he could join Mott The Hoople on condition he became Ariel Bender. :star_struck:

My first gig was Rich Kids with Glen Matlock who’d left the Sex Pistols, and Midge Ure who’d left chart topping glam rock band Slik. :joy:

1 Like

Erasure Manchester

4 Likes

Black Sabbath Apollo Manchester

4 Likes

Therapy? :black_heart:

6 Likes

The Chainsmokers

2 Likes

Ooo yes. Soft Machine 3 is a cracking album. :slight_smile:

That would be an outdoor gig nowadays, I’d guess. In a doorway by the bins… :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, like what you did there @PleasureDrone :wink:

It was outdoors as it happens, but for different reasons :joy:

I only vaguely remember smoking being allowed indoors; having to wash all my clothes after just one night out :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Yeah, those were the days. I’m so glad they’re gone!

2 Likes

Cleopatra, wasn’t by choice, for some reason they came to my school and did a mini concert in our dinner hall

3 Likes

I think that the first band I saw live (that I actually wanted to see, not because my parents dragged me along) was Rotting Christ :metal:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Doctor n the Medics as my student union (not that that really counts) lead singer pissed into a bin on stage! Nice!

First ‘proper’ concert was probably Metallica

1 Like

Green Day during the American Idiot tour at Nottingham. Mainly went for New Found Glory who were supporting though haha.

8 Likes

Saw them supporting someone like The Prisoners or The Scientists. Unfortunately. :unamused:

I saw them in MK on that tour too! they were great, but Less Than Jake were one of the warm ups! Made my day!

1 Like

Haha I’ll bet! It was crazy to be honest. I was only about 16 and we ended up missing the last train home. Had to ring my mum to come pick us up - she wasn’t happy haha.