First Saturday of the Month

It's Vibrator Maintenance Day! πŸ™‚

The first Saturday of every month is 'Vibrator/Sex Toy Maintenance Day' where we drag all of our toys out and give them a once over. Any with rechargeable batteries need a regular charge every now and again to make sure they don't over-deplete and become useless bricks, and any with motors benefit from a little workout to ensure they don't seize up. It's also a great excuse to add a few neglected treasures into regular rotation (or even re-try some toys that didn't hit the spot first time round).

We've got quite a large collection so we have a few that are stashed in the bedside table for regular use and the rest are stored in big boxes under the bed. I charge the bedside ones pretty much after every use, but the ones under the bed can get a little neglected. For those toys I like to turn each on and run them for a few minutes on a few different settings to give their motors a workout. If any rechargeables are dead (or flash 'low battery', if they have that function) I give them a charge. If I'm adding them to the regular rotation I give them a full charge, if they're going back into storage I give them a partial charge (most toys are now Li-ion batteries, and they prefer a partial charge if they're not going to be used for a while). We tend to charge them for about 30 minutes, though if you want to be more specific look in the instructions for the charge time and halve that. Any that aren't dead I pop back in the storage box ready for the next month's check. πŸ‘

Hopefully this will keep your toys running for longer. And if anyone has any more tips then please feel free to share. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

(Idea shamelessly robbed from @K_c30_s πŸ™‚)

7 Likes

Love this Ian. x 😊 πŸ˜‰ ❀

Jolly good advice and what a good 'important tasks' reminder you are!!

Massive credit to K&c30's too. x ❀ πŸ˜‡ Absolute angels for providing this extremely useful information on vibrator maintenance in the first place.

Thanks all. x It's gonna be a mission charging them all, lol. πŸ˜₯

1 Like

Idea thief πŸ˜€.

Just to clarify. I charge toys that haven't been used for a while for half an hour and then run them for 5 minutes. Just to give them a little work out. Those that have been used that month don't get the special charge.

If you have a multi port USB plug (ours takes 4 USB chargers) it only takes a couple of hours. If you don't have a multi port USB charger I would highly recommend one. We were charging one toy at a time in phone plugs and it was a right ball ache.

2 Likes

Thanks for this!!! This is a great idea. I’ve been using most of mines this week but it’s good to get a reminder :)

Damn! Ian Chimp beat me to the post.

On the other hand, mine have been charged and checked already

ETA: My bed was vibrating like one of those quarter-in-the-slot vibrating beds in some American motels at one point. For anyone interested, they're still available in some motels in Niagara Falls!

I'm checking mine later been away on holiday for last week and bit

I’ve just been going through mine and charging them. Haven’t run then for 5 minutes though. Better do that next. But oh dear me. My little blue squeezy tongue won’t charge. It flashes a few times then stops. I pull out the connector, push it back in, and it flashes a few times again then stops. And because it’s discont I can’t get a replacement.

There goes my favourite toy off to the dump.

Sad. Sniff. Boo hoo. Sob. 😒

Gran wrote:

I’ve just been going through mine and charging them. Haven’t run then for 5 minutes though. Better do that next. But oh dear me. My little blue squeezy tongue won’t charge. It flashes a few times then stops. I pull out the connector, push it back in, and it flashes a few times again then stops. And because it’s discont I can’t get a replacement.

There goes my favourite toy off to the dump.

Sad. Sniff. Boo hoo. Sob. 😒

Oh no! Sometimes if you leave it plugged in for a bit it can get the battery going again. It's a bit of a hail Mary though. I also like to press all the buttons repeatedly and then hold them all in before mashing them repeatedly again, but I think that's more frustration than top tip.

Ian where *do* you find the time to do all this research with little twins to care for all day? I never had time for anything with one baby at a time.

But thank you! You’re saving us all from losing our toys. X

Gran wrote:

Ian where *do* you find the time to do all this research with little twins to care for all day? I never had time for anything with one baby at a time.

But thank you! You’re saving us all from losing our toys. X

I get to hide from them at the weekend and have a lie-in. They're currently Mrs Chimp's problem (at least for now). πŸ™‚

I haven’t any toys with batteries Ian, but thanks for the heads up.

We need a Lovehoney rechargeable battery guide.

1 Like

K&c30's wrote:

We need a Lovehoney rechargeable battery guide.

+1 πŸ™‚ And maybe an email reminder service so you don't forget to check them.

Bumping for December

I've got a headstart on this month as it's a Bank Holiday today and Mrs Chimp has taken the tiny Chimps to visit her parents. I actually found a couple with dead batteries 😯, but thankfully a quick top up charge has revived them. I also found a couple with faulty motors but Customer Care has sorted me out a treat. Thanks Customer Care. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've got a headstart on this month as it's a Bank Holiday today and Mrs Chimp has taken the tiny Chimps to visit her parents. I actually found a couple with dead batteries 😯, but thankfully a quick top up charge has revived them. I also found a couple with faulty motors but Customer Care has sorted me out a treat. Thanks Customer Care. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Nightmare with the faulty motors, good job you are keeping up with the regular check ups. Customer care here is amazing so no wonders you aren't disappointed.

K&c30's wrote:

Nightmare with the faulty motors, good job you are keeping up with the regular check ups. Customer care here is amazing so no wonders you aren't disappointed.

Luckily it wasn't any of our must-have favourites as they no longer stock the two that had broke so I had to take a refund. But that meant I could treat us to a new toy, and we do love new toys. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Happy Vibrator Maintenance Day! πŸ™‚πŸŽ‰

(I was too busy yesterday so it's a little belated)

Hahaha! The detail and effort in this thread is amazing! Really, really commendable!

WildThing wrote:

Hahaha! The detail and effort in this thread is amazing! Really, really commendable!

Hopefully it's helpful. πŸ™‚ And if anyone has any other maintenance top tips (or even corrections) I'd be very grateful if people would share them. πŸ‘