First Saturday of the Month

Ian Chimp wrote:

As it's the top of a new page I'll pop a little reminder of what this thread's about for anyone new. 🙂👍

The first Saturday of every month is 'Vibrator/Sex Toy Maintenance Day' where we drag all of our toys out and give them a once over. Any with rechargeable batteries need a regular charge every now and again to make sure they don't over-deplete and become useless bricks, and any with motors benefit from a little workout to ensure they don't seize up. It's also a great excuse to add a few neglected treasures into regular rotation (or even re-try some toys that didn't hit the spot first time round).

We've got quite a large collection so we have a few that are stashed in the bedside table for regular use and the rest are stored in big boxes under the bed. I charge the bedside ones pretty much after every use, but the ones under the bed can get a little neglected. For those toys I like to turn each on and run them for a few minutes on a few different settings to give their motors a workout. If any rechargeables are dead (or flash 'low battery', if they have that function) I give them a charge. If I'm adding them to the regular rotation I give them a full charge, if they're going back into storage I give them a partial charge (most toys are now Li-ion batteries, and they prefer a partial charge if they're not going to be used for a while). We tend to charge them for about 30 minutes, though if you want to be more specific look in the instructions for the charge time and halve that. Any that aren't dead I pop back in the storage box ready for the next month's check. 👍

Hopefully this will keep your toys running for longer. And if anyone has any more tips then please feel free to share. 🙂👍

It's been over a page since I last said it, so I'll quote it again just to give anyone new a summary of what this thread is about. 🙂👍