First Saturday of the Month

Fun Louise wrote:

I’m honestly down to only one vibrator, and one recahrgable legal excersizer, the rest of my toys are dildos, mains powered, or bondage stuff.

Now then on the subject of toy maintanence, I have the Coco de mer range of cuffs and flogger etc. To keep the leather in best possible condition, every couple of months I use a colourless shoe polish/cream to nourish the leather and stop it from drying out. This should make them last a lifetime! β›“πŸ’Ž

You can do the same with designer handbags too. Wallets and purses don’t usually need it as they get enough oils from your hands.πŸ‘œ

I use saddle soap for my leather. It takes a bit more work but the smell is such an aphrodiasiac for me. No idea why though I did spend hours on my tack as a kid (very strict Pony Club mistress!).

Hmmm...

Happy August everyone, and a merry toy maintenance day to all. πŸ™‚

On it!

Got half done earlier this week. The rest will be done in next day or two, when my back is better.

Looking after the batteries definitely pays off.

I think my collection is becoming to large. I now dread charging Saturday.i think it may be time to get rid of those that haven't been used in a couple of months.

K&c30's wrote:

I think my collection is becoming to large. I now dread charging Saturday.i think it may be time to get rid of those that haven't been used in a couple of months.

I always think long and hard about getting rid. A few months later I'm guaranteed to be looking for what's gone out!

Split it? The stuff that gets used regularly won't need it so you can get away with that.

How's the Tango? I hate recommending stuff that turns out not to ring someone else's bell.

There's a great video about Tango's vibes on Epiphora's blog if you're interested.

I'm having a big sort out/declutter today. I've put a lot of the battery toys we bought early on in the recycle pile, and I'm rejigging the bedside drawer by adding in some of the smaller brown delivery boxes as tray inserts to try and impose a bit of order to the chaos.

And after Jess assured us that silicone toys are inert and can be stored with other silicone toys without the need for separate bags I'm thinking about chucking all our Mantric ones in the new Happy Rabbit pouch. I think that'll make them easier to find.

I've also put a few stitches in each of the Desire storage pouches that have the dodgy zip (wand, G-Kiss, curve, and bullet), which has worked a treat. πŸ‘

And I've acquired quite a few boys toys recently so need to gather them up and find them a place to live too.

I am currently surrounded by our entire collection of sex toys. It is somewhat daunting.

I've now got a cutlery tray on top of my hard cases for my bedside-at-hand- faves drawer.

The bondage bags are good. They seem like they'd be a good storage option for boys toys.

Are the silicone bags lined or just a single silicone sheet? I'm assuming if unlined they'd have been tested and found suitable for silicone toys anyway.

I'm REALLY fancying those!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'm having a big sort out/declutter today.

I am currently surrounded by our entire collection of sex toys. It is somewhat daunting.

Yes - me too, doesn't seem to stop me buying more!

I've got some old battery-run favourites and some one offs / freebies which I doubt I'll ever use again, but it seems such a shame to chuck them. I'd like to offer them to a local women's refugee centre but that is really a bit icky, even though everything is clean...

Re storage: I'm playing with the idea of different LH boxes for different 'collections', Desire toys in one box, mantric toys in another, and a third for Fifty Shades (I don't think these are as popular now but I like the ones I have). Add a glass and/or steel dildo and some lube to each box and they are good to go.

Any other odds and ends - trusted vibrator, occasional rabbit - can rattle around in the bedside drawer in silky bags. Maybe a couple of aquatic toys in the bathroom cabinet. If I hide them in a tampon box no-one will look.

The only problem with this is that - according to my estimation - I need at least one more Desire bullet for the system to work easily. One for the Desire box and one to rattle around in the bedside drawer...

Ayway, good luck with the decluttering!

VR wrote:

Are the silicone bags lined or just a single silicone sheet? I'm assuming if unlined they'd have been tested and found suitable for silicone toys anyway.

I'm REALLY fancying those!

They're unlined, but I asked Brenna when she sent me one and she said it was absolutely fine. And Jess said silicone is inert and won't react with other proper silicone toys, so the bags should be covered by that too. πŸ‘

MsR wrote:

I've got some old battery-run favourites and some one offs / freebies which I doubt I'll ever use again, but it seems such a shame to chuck them. I'd like to offer them to a local women's refugee centre but that is really a bit icky, even though everything is clean...

I've kept our battery ones for well over a year just in case, but they've been upgraded to more durable, rechargeable versions as we've gone along so I'm being ruthless and clearing them out. πŸ™‚ It is a shame there's no easy way to pass them on, but I suppose recycling is the next best thing.

MsR wrote:

Re storage: I'm playing with the idea of different LH boxes for different 'collections', Desire toys in one box, mantric toys in another, and a third for Fifty Shades (I don't think these are as popular now but I like the ones I have). Add a glass and/or steel dildo and some lube to each box and they are good to go.

Any other odds and ends - trusted vibrator, occasional rabbit - can rattle around in the bedside drawer in silky bags. Maybe a couple of aquatic toys in the bathroom cabinet. If I hide them in a tampon box no-one will look.

The only problem with this is that - according to my estimation - I need at least one more Desire bullet for the system to work easily. One for the Desire box and one to rattle around in the bedside drawer...

Ayway, good luck with the decluttering!

I have plans, and then we get more toys and I have to move everything about again. πŸ™‚ And Mrs Chimp likes to simply reach for a toy and have it magically appear in her hand, which is quite a tough ask. What I really need is some kind of thought-activated vending machine by her side of the bed. πŸ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

I have plans, and then we get more toys and I have to move everything about again. πŸ™‚ And Mrs Chimp likes to simply reach for a toy and have it magically appear in her hand, which is quite a tough ask. What I really need is some kind of thought-activated vending machine by her side of the bed. πŸ™‚

Ha! I'm with Mrs Chimp here. Get onto it, Lovehoney! :-)

A Lovehoney replicator x transporter. I'd love to hear, "Computer, Happy Rabbit, pink, Tango, Sliquid" come from Jean Luc's mouth ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif) Those dulcet tones could make me forego the Sliquid!

Thanks for the silicone bag inf, Mr Chimp.

Anyone heard how Kc&30's getting on with the Tango yet? I'm hoping they're having too much fun with it to come on here.

VR wrote:

Anyone heard how Kc&30's getting on with the Tango yet? I'm hoping they're having too much fun with it to come on here.

I don't think he's mentioned it yet? Though we've had a couple more goes with our Tango this week and Mrs Chimp has really come around to it. Before, she loved the strength and frequency but didn't get on with the firmness of the plastic, so we often used it with the silicone sleeves from some finger vibrators to soften it out. But I ditched the sleeves this week and tried it naked, and she went nuts for it. πŸ™‚ I think it helps if I hold it as I don't put as much pressure on.

I like re-discovering a toy. It's like buying something new without having to pay for it. πŸ™‚ I think we're going to break out the Classic Wand soon and see if our thoughts on that have changed too. πŸ‘

1 Like

Sorry VR, I haven't been as active recently. Had so much going on with work and home. The Tango works a treat!!! I think given it's power (I think it's actually more powerful than the Desire) it was destined to work. I asked my wife if she thinks it could knock the Desire off the top spot though and she said no! Apparently if it was silicone it would stand a chance. It's beaten the Mantric and the other 10 bullets though lol. It's a winner in my eyes.

K&c30's wrote:

Sorry VR, I haven't been as active recently. Had so much going on with work and home. The Tango works a treat!!! I think given it's power (I think it's actually more powerful than the Desire) it was destined to work. I asked my wife if she thinks it could knock the Desire off the top spot though and she said no! Apparently if it was silicone it would stand a chance. It's beaten the Mantric and the other 10 bullets though lol. It's a winner in my eyes.

Phew! I always sweat about recommending something in case it doesn't work, but Tango seems to work really well for the majority.

I emailed We-Vibe about them slipping a cute silicone coat over Tango - even if only halfway to make it easier to hold - but heard nothing back.

I also have a Touch. It's supposed to have the same guts as Tango but although I can feel the strength of the vibes, they are dulled by so much silicone. I also prefer pinpoint and Touch is a bit too chubby at the tip for me. It's lovely for warm-ups when I'm in the rare slow mood, though.

So glad Mrs Kc&30's likes it.

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

I don't think he's mentioned it yet? Though we've had a couple more goes with our Tango this week and Mrs Chimp has really come around to it. Before, she loved the strength and frequency but didn't get on with the firmness of the plastic, so we often used it with the silicone sleeves from some finger vibrators to soften it out. But I ditched the sleeves this week and tried it naked, and she went nuts for it. πŸ™‚ I think it helps if I hold it as I don't put as much pressure on.

I like re-discovering a toy. It's like buying something new without having to pay for it. πŸ™‚ I think we're going to break out the Classic Wand soon and see if our thoughts on that have changed too. πŸ‘

And that's why I'm always reluctant to throw things out (and why OH keeps putting hoarder programmes on the telly I think!).

It definitely helps to be aware of how much pressure you use with it. I've also started exploring slightly around my sweet spot with it as sometimes it's so intense it ruins orgasm.

My clit's always been a lefty which is a great relief for me as my right side doesn't work much. Using it slightly away from and around my usual sweet spot has been a nice surprise to the feelings it's awakened. I've experimented with other bullets like this recently but none have the depth Tango has.

Oh my gosh, what a weekend. πŸ™‚

I think I've cracked it. I've got three small brown Lovehoney delivery boxes (open topped) in Mrs Chimp's bedside table for all the important go-to toys and lubes. I have four large Lovehoney storage cases that fit perfectly between our bed and bedside tables (two each side, slipped in vertically), and two 33L Really Useful underbed boxes on Mrs Chimp's side of the bed (the side that faces away from the door for extra privacy). I've put the underbed boxes longways so I can half pull them out and slip the tops off for broad access to the front half of each (and they're just the right size to be able to have them both unhindered by the bedside table). I'm going to put rarely used stuff at the back (as well as spare lubes, extra toy wipes, etc) and 'sometimes' stuff at the front (steel dildos, box of extra glass dildos, toys with their own cases, etc).

I've tied some coloured thread to each storage case, as well as all the Desire ones, to tell them apart. I tied it round the zip hole rather than the lock holes so I can still fit the two zips together and slide a padlock through just in case I want to lock it in the future. I've dabbed a bit of PVA glue on the threads too for extra durability.

I've also used my magic spreadsheet to copy and paste the toy names into a word document to create a menu for Mrs Chimp. Hopefully this will help her keep track of what she's got, and what she might fancy. πŸ™‚ And I've colour-coded it to to match the threads I've attached to each box/case. πŸ‘

Let's see how long this plan can survive. πŸ™‚

VR wrote:

I emailed We-Vibe about them slipping a cute silicone coat over Tango - even if only halfway to make it easier to hold - but heard nothing back.

We've been using the sleeve from this. It's a pretty good fit, and you could always slice a bit off to tailor it to your needs?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40021

I'd love to try the Tango - it is on my wishlist for when we win the lottery or an ancient relative dies...

Re future digital vending tech: anyone remember 'Little Britain'?... "Computer says no..."!

VR: I'm a lefty too, in lots of ways, but clit wise the right side only kicks in after the left has earned a rest... funny thing, bodies.

Ian Chimp wrote:

Oh my gosh, what a weekend. πŸ™‚

I think I've cracked it. I've got three small brown Lovehoney delivery boxes (open topped) in Mrs Chimp's bedside table for all the important go-to toys and lubes. I have four large Lovehoney storage cases that fit perfectly between our bed and bedside tables (two each side, slipped in vertically), and two 33L Really Useful underbed boxes on Mrs Chimp's side of the bed (the side that faces away from the door for extra privacy). I've put the underbed boxes longways so I can half pull them out and slip the tops off for broad access to the front half of each (and they're just the right size to be able to have them both unhindered by the bedside table). I'm going to put rarely used stuff at the back (as well as spare lubes, extra toy wipes, etc) and 'sometimes' stuff at the front (steel dildos, box of extra glass dildos, toys with their own cases, etc).

I've tied some coloured thread to each storage case, as well as all the Desire ones, to tell them apart. I tied it round the zip hole rather than the lock holes so I can still fit the two zips together and slide a padlock through just in case I want to lock it in the future. I've dabbed a bit of PVA glue on the threads too for extra durability.

I've also used my magic spreadsheet to copy and paste the toy names into a word document to create a menu for Mrs Chimp. Hopefully this will help her keep track of what she's got, and what she might fancy. πŸ™‚ And I've colour-coded it to to match the threads I've attached to each box/case. πŸ‘

Let's see how long this plan can survive. πŸ™‚

You and your spreadsheets ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)