First Saturday of the Month

OK, not sure what I'm doing here. Obviously I charge our regular toys after using them (overnight, stuffed under the bed). But what about the toys which don't come out much? Do they hold their charge or gradually die? If I charge them now and then do I need to let down the battery first? I have a few at the back of the drawer which are not favourites but which I wouldn't like to lose... I recently bought a plug with 4 USB charging points with all of this in mind... the school summer holiday period is coming up which rules out solo sessions with noisier toys - will they last 6 weeks (I'm almost weeping at the very thought...)

All rechargeable batteries will lose charge over time. Most have a 'stand-by' of about 90 days, though some, like the Tango, are 2 months so it's worth checking the manual. If you leave a toy for too long without charging it you risk over-depleting the battery and then it won't be able to charge itself any more.

Most toys seem to be Lithium-Ion/Lithium-Polymer or NiMH batteries so can handle partial charges. This means you don't have to fully deplete the battery before recharging (though a full empty and charge cycle every now and again can be good).

When a collection gets a little larger it's hard to use every toy regularly so that's why we robbed K&c30's 'monthly vibrator check' to make sure none were getting neglected. πŸ™‚ There's some good tips in the earlier pages if you want to read more? πŸ‘

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've had my first out-of-warranty casualty. Our little Mantric G-spot toy is struggling to hold its charge from one month to the next. It's not dead yet, but it definitely needs a bit more attention if I want to eke it out for a bit longer. Poor little bugger.

Oh dear, poor Mantric. Fingers crossed for you bringing it back to life with a bit of attention. We have only had one casualty so far and that's the Desire bullet, I think my wife wore it out though to be fair.

MsR wrote:

OK, not sure what I'm doing here. Obviously I charge our regular toys after using them (overnight, stuffed under the bed). But what about the toys which don't come out much? Do they hold their charge or gradually die? If I charge them now and then do I need to let down the battery first? I have a few at the back of the drawer which are not favourites but which I wouldn't like to lose... I recently bought a plug with 4 USB charging points with all of this in mind... the school summer holiday period is coming up which rules out solo sessions with noisier toys - will they last 6 weeks (I'm almost weeping at the very thought...)

You're in good company... we have no idea what we are doing either. I do a monthly charge of all neglected items and I run them on 3 different settings for 5 minutes a setting to keep the motor in good shape. Seems to have worked out for me so far.

Thanks, folks. I should write a list of all re-chargeables and tick them off once they've had a good seeing to, one way or another! The thought of lying all the infrequently used ones out on the bed, buzzing away for a while before recharging them is quite amusing... It's like caring for relatively undemanding pets - lining up the mouse, rabbits etc.

I can't believe I forgot all about this (again). Though I have been a bit busy.

Tomorrow my bed will be a'buzzin with my party pals!

VR wrote:

I recently realised I'd been neglecting our Coco-de-Mer Georgiana as it wasn't stored with any of the others. I had a horrible feeling as I unzipped it that it was bricked as I couldn't remember the last time it was used/charged... But not to fear, it turns out its fine. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

I definitely need to sort out my storage boxes again.

I really need to get ontop of this as our collection begins to grow!

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

I recently realised I'd been neglecting our Coco-de-Mer Georgiana as it wasn't stored with any of the others. I had a horrible feeling as I unzipped it that it was bricked as I couldn't remember the last time it was used/charged... But not to fear, it turns out its fine. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

I definitely need to sort out my storage boxes again.

I'm shocked! I thought you were Mr Organised

I've been impressed with the battery life of some of my toys recently - Georgiana included. I think the Je Joue toys take some beating, though. I'm probably wrong but the battery life on those seems to grow if I use them continuously until they die then use them again.

Is there such a thing as this? I understand that they'll start to degrade after use, but I keep expecting my Mimi to die but she just keeps going!

VR wrote:

I thought so too. But it turns out I am not. πŸ™‚ Though I am going to blame my garbage whirlwind (Mrs Chimp). I do the best I can under very difficult circumstances. πŸ™‚

VR wrote:

I've been impressed with the battery life of some of my toys recently - Georgiana included. I think the Je Joue toys take some beating, though. I'm probably wrong but the battery life on those seems to grow if I use them continuously until they die then use them again.

Is there such a thing as this? I understand that they'll start to degrade after use, but I keep expecting my Mimi to die but she just keeps going!

I had a look at their website but couldn't get easy access to their manuals, so I'm not sure what batteries they have. I don't think you can ever increase the capacity of the battery beyond its original factory size, but a full discharge/recharge cycle can 'reset' it to its fullest potential if partial charges have been affecting it.

I’m honestly down to only one vibrator, and one recahrgable legal excersizer, the rest of my toys are dildos, mains powered, or bondage stuff.

Now then on the subject of toy maintanence, I have the Coco de mer range of cuffs and flogger etc. To keep the leather in best possible condition, every couple of months I use a colourless shoe polish/cream to nourish the leather and stop it from drying out. This should make them last a lifetime! β›“πŸ’Ž

You can do the same with designer handbags too. Wallets and purses don’t usually need it as they get enough oils from your hands.πŸ‘œ

1 Like

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

I thought so too. But it turns out I am not. πŸ™‚ Though I am going to blame my garbage whirlwind (Mrs Chimp). I do the best I can under very difficult circumstances. πŸ™‚

VR wrote:

I had a look at their website but couldn't get easy access to their manuals, so I'm not sure what batteries they have. I don't think you can ever increase the capacity of the battery beyond its original factory size, but a full discharge/recharge cycle can 'reset' it to its fullest potential if partial charges have been affecting it.

I'll try to dig out a manual and find out. It's probably just my imagination, but looking after the batteries definitely pays off.

I had a problem with a very old iPhone so took it to the Apple store. The guy kept asking me if I'd replaced the battery as he couldn't believe the condition of the battery for it's age.

Fun Louise wrote:

I’m honestly down to only one vibrator, and one recahrgable legal excersizer, the rest of my toys are dildos, mains powered, or bondage stuff.

Now then on the subject of toy maintanence, I have the Coco de mer range of cuffs and flogger etc. To keep the leather in best possible condition, every couple of months I use a colourless shoe polish/cream to nourish the leather and stop it from drying out. This should make them last a lifetime! β›“πŸ’Ž

You can do the same with designer handbags too. Wallets and purses don’t usually need it as they get enough oils from your hands.πŸ‘œ

I use saddle soap for my leather. It takes a bit more work but the smell is such an aphrodiasiac for me. No idea why though I did spend hours on my tack as a kid (very strict Pony Club mistress!).

Hmmm...

Happy August everyone, and a merry toy maintenance day to all. πŸ™‚

On it!

Got half done earlier this week. The rest will be done in next day or two, when my back is better.

Looking after the batteries definitely pays off.

I think my collection is becoming to large. I now dread charging Saturday.i think it may be time to get rid of those that haven't been used in a couple of months.

K&c30's wrote:

I think my collection is becoming to large. I now dread charging Saturday.i think it may be time to get rid of those that haven't been used in a couple of months.

I always think long and hard about getting rid. A few months later I'm guaranteed to be looking for what's gone out!

Split it? The stuff that gets used regularly won't need it so you can get away with that.

How's the Tango? I hate recommending stuff that turns out not to ring someone else's bell.

There's a great video about Tango's vibes on Epiphora's blog if you're interested.

I'm having a big sort out/declutter today. I've put a lot of the battery toys we bought early on in the recycle pile, and I'm rejigging the bedside drawer by adding in some of the smaller brown delivery boxes as tray inserts to try and impose a bit of order to the chaos.

And after Jess assured us that silicone toys are inert and can be stored with other silicone toys without the need for separate bags I'm thinking about chucking all our Mantric ones in the new Happy Rabbit pouch. I think that'll make them easier to find.

I've also put a few stitches in each of the Desire storage pouches that have the dodgy zip (wand, G-Kiss, curve, and bullet), which has worked a treat. πŸ‘

And I've acquired quite a few boys toys recently so need to gather them up and find them a place to live too.

I am currently surrounded by our entire collection of sex toys. It is somewhat daunting.

I've now got a cutlery tray on top of my hard cases for my bedside-at-hand- faves drawer.

The bondage bags are good. They seem like they'd be a good storage option for boys toys.

Are the silicone bags lined or just a single silicone sheet? I'm assuming if unlined they'd have been tested and found suitable for silicone toys anyway.

I'm REALLY fancying those!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'm having a big sort out/declutter today.

I am currently surrounded by our entire collection of sex toys. It is somewhat daunting.

Yes - me too, doesn't seem to stop me buying more!

I've got some old battery-run favourites and some one offs / freebies which I doubt I'll ever use again, but it seems such a shame to chuck them. I'd like to offer them to a local women's refugee centre but that is really a bit icky, even though everything is clean...

Re storage: I'm playing with the idea of different LH boxes for different 'collections', Desire toys in one box, mantric toys in another, and a third for Fifty Shades (I don't think these are as popular now but I like the ones I have). Add a glass and/or steel dildo and some lube to each box and they are good to go.

Any other odds and ends - trusted vibrator, occasional rabbit - can rattle around in the bedside drawer in silky bags. Maybe a couple of aquatic toys in the bathroom cabinet. If I hide them in a tampon box no-one will look.

The only problem with this is that - according to my estimation - I need at least one more Desire bullet for the system to work easily. One for the Desire box and one to rattle around in the bedside drawer...

Ayway, good luck with the decluttering!