First Saturday of the Month

K&c30's wrote:

Urm, my lack of knowledge on the subject makes me run through each setting for about 30 seconds. Just to give it a bit of a work out. To be honest I am not sure if this will make a difference or not but I haven't had one fail over on me yet. It is strange that there is a guide for battery operated toys but not rechargeable. I wonder if this is because of the amount of different rechargeable battery types there are. Who knows.

I'm not sure either. Most of them seem to be Li-ion or Lithium-Polymer with only the occasional NiMH one (like the Tango) so should be treated quite similarly. They do have different capacities but that only affects the 'partial charge' length.

K&c30's wrote:

Urm, my lack of knowledge on the subject makes me run through each setting for about 30 seconds. Just to give it a bit of a work out. To be honest I am not sure if this will make a difference or not but I haven't had one fail over on me yet. It is strange that there is a guide for battery operated toys but not rechargeable. I wonder if this is because of the amount of different rechargeable battery types there are. Who knows.

I do this, too.

OH came home one day to find them all buzzing away on the bed - made a hell of a racket downstairs but was hardly heard while I was in the room with them. I didn't believe him so went downstairs and he was right!

I always feel guilty on First Saturdays as there's always a new addition to the flock ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I really need to control myself.

I'll give this a little bump for April. 👍🙂

VR wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

I do this, too.

OH came home one day to find them all buzzing away on the bed - made a hell of a racket downstairs but was hardly heard while I was in the room with them. I didn't believe him so went downstairs and he was right!

I always feel guilty on First Saturdays as there's always a new addition to the flock

I always feel guilty when I see toys at the bottom of the toy boxes that were once favourites now just being used once every so often.

K&c30's wrote:

VR wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

I do this, too.

I always feel guilty on First Saturdays as there's always a new addition to the flock

I always feel guilty when I see toys at the bottom of the toy boxes that were once favourites now just being used once every so often.

I get this with makeup. Old favourites out of favour for the new kid on the block. However, I do go back to some and have a nice surprise when I find that they really are still the dog's...

Pull 'em out and give 'em a whizz occasionally. You never know as an oldie might ring a bell again and that's always a nice surprise.

My mood will dictate how my body reacts to toys so it's nice to give them a chance to outshine the new kid (even if they don't).

^^^ oh don't even get me started on makeup/lotions. I have been banned from buying anymore. I can't help it though when I see a fantastic deal. She has thousands of pounds worth of beauty treats that I get for for a few quid here and there. I got her 100 sheet face masks that were meant to be £6 each for £30 thanks to an amazing sale and then bundled with discounts.

As you well know from all my posts I am not only a bargain hunter but a bit of a hoarder too 😁

The week after charger Saturday is usually a time for pulling out older/forgotten toys and give the newbies a little rest.

I'm a bargain hunter, too. Hence I've been forced to become a hoarder!

I know I shouldn't ask but where the hell are you getting all those bargains, K&C?

I've checked and charged today and some oldies have been left on the bed ready for later - if I can drag myself away from the telly.

Sorry folks for going slightly off topic

^^ I could talk all day about bargain hunting 😁. A couple of tricks I use...

1. Create an email address just for signing up for newsletters and promotions, so I don't get bombarded in my main email address.

2. Check my favourites sites daily, knowing a website and what sort of time of day they change prices and promotions is really helpful.

3. Hotukdeals site, other people posting their magical finds some fantastic deals.

4. I work on a computer 8 hours a day and from home so having a separate screen to look out for bargains really helps.

5. Keep an eye on beauty box subscriptions. Often they have a product you like that's £30+ that you get for a fraction of the price and you can cancel after your first box arrives.

I charged up yesterday too and put the oldies at the top of the toy boxes so that they get a work out.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

I have a little hard backed note book, and I keep a note of when I use a toy and when I charge it. I don't just get them all out and run them for a few minutes, I use them for play. But I go through the book and look for toys that have not been played with for over one month, then they come out to be played with.

If they run flat then they get charged if not they go back until next time. Even if a toy is on the verge of going flat, you can't really tell, but at least it is never much more than a month before I use it again, or charge it, if it went flat in storage.

Game changer! How simple yet effective. I feel a spreadsheet coming on. Now it's a case of remembering to note it down. All it needs is 13 columns. Name of the toy, one column for each month and you just need to tick it off.

I do love a good spreadsheet but I think that might be a touch too far for me. 🙂

K&c30's wrote:

Sorry folks for going slightly off topic

^^ I could talk all day about bargain hunting 😁. A couple of tricks I use...

1. Create an email address just for signing up for newsletters and promotions, so I don't get bombarded in my main email address.

2. Check my favourites sites daily, knowing a website and what sort of time of day they change prices and promotions is really helpful.

3. Hotukdeals site, other people posting their magical finds some fantastic deals.

4. I work on a computer 8 hours a day and from home so having a separate screen to look out for bargains really helps.

5. Keep an eye on beauty box subscriptions. Often they have a product you like that's £30+ that you get for a fraction of the price and you can cancel after your first box arrives.

I charged up yesterday too and put the oldies at the top of the toy boxes so that they get a work out.

Great tips, K&C.

I've not found websites other than here and Amazon that changes prices throughout the day - yet!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I do love a good spreadsheet but I think that might be a touch too far for me. 🙂

Would working out the price per use encourage you?

Ian Chimp wrote:

Well here was me thinking the thought would be giving you a spreadsheet boner. I thought you would have a spreadsheet keeping a track of how many times a toy has been charged to see how many charges you get in a toys lifecycle 😁

VR wrote:

Would working out the price per use encourage you?

K&c30's wrote:

Well here was me thinking the thought would be giving you a spreadsheet boner. I thought you would have a spreadsheet keeping a track of how many times a toy has been charged to see how many charges you get in a toys lifecycle 😁

My spreadsheet is good but it's not that good. Mrs Chimp did say she wanted to experiment with sex toys but I don't think that is quite what she had in mind. 🙂

I'll give this a little bump for May. 🙂

I was ready and waiting for the bump ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I forgot and did them today. The long weekend confused me lol

It's that time of the month again.

K&c30's wrote:

It's that time of the month again.

Thanks - I'd completely forgotten. This month has gone really quick. Must be the bank holidays.

I've had my first out-of-warranty casualty. Our little Mantric G-spot toy is struggling to hold its charge from one month to the next. It's not dead yet, but it definitely needs a bit more attention if I want to eke it out for a bit longer. Poor little bugger.