First Saturday of the Month

KinkyMira wrote:

Not done it with sex toys, but we have some tablets that sometimes will not finish charging on some cables, but plug them into a larger charger and it behaves the same way as you have described. We think that occasionally it is OK to do, but would use the lower charger in normal use.

That's what I was thinking. Though I may have spoken too soon. I ran it completely down yesterday to see what the runtime was like (35 minutes on high, so probably about right as it says 120min charge for 60min runtime, and that's usually the low power number). But now it's not fully charging again, no matter which charger I use. It did keep its charge overnight though, which is an improvement.

I'll keep playing with it. 🙂

And now I've charged it for the recommended 120mins (ish), unplugged it even though it was still flashing, and left it running. I got 48mins out of it on high, then it flashed its low battery lights (and it could probably go for another 5 minutes on fumes).

Maybe it's just the 'full battery' function that's bust? I'll charge it for 2 hours again and see if it holds its charge overnight.

I've had a similar issue with my Uma.

I've usually charged from empty to full on both mains and laptop. I decided to mess around with it and only charged it for an hour than ran it down a bit, then half an hour, then run it to the death. I did this random charging a few times then up unti the light finally went solid.

Bingo. It ran for hours again.

I've always charged my phones from empty until full and theyve lasted years (guy at Apple counter was shocked to see me turn up with a really old phone with an excellent battery life still on it). Now, though I think I'll give it a bit of a shuffle if it starts dying at home just to see what happens.

Hope you get your pebble up to speed again. Nowt worse than a flat battery at the point of no return!

I have had that before Ian, turned out to be a dodgy usb charger rather than the cable.

K&c30's wrote:

I have had that before Ian, turned out to be a dodgy usb charger rather than the cable.

I've swopped out chargers and cables, but to no avail. And it's not holding its charge for 24 hours either. I can still charge it just before use and get a decent runtime out of it, but that's about it.

I'm going to try VR's random charge pattern when I have a bit of free time, but it may be too far gone. I'd love to find a magic battery resuscitation trick though. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'd love to find a magic battery resuscitation trick though. 🙂

We'd all love to find that one. I find that generally, draining things before charging them prolonges battery life if you do it from the start.

Sadly Ian, I think that one might be on its way out, but the random test might work. I would drain it fully between charges though, as that might make a difference.

Everything I've read about Li-ion batteries says that partial charges are preferred to a full discharge/recharge. Though doing one every now and again is still good. I'm certainly no expert though.

I've just read something that says you can sometimes trick a Li-ion battery with issues like mine back to life by fully draining it until it can't even turn on anymore, and then plugging it in for 48hours. I had read the first bit the other day somewhere else, but it didn't say to leave it for 48 hours.

I'm quite glad it's a toy that's not in our Top Ten so I get to try a few things out without feeling the desperation of having to definitely get it working again. This is mostly just for curiosity. 🙂

How long have you had it? Is it overworked or just duff (and not the good stuff Duff)?

If it's less than a year would Lovehoney replace it for you?

I'd imagine you've thought of that, though.

I admire your tenacity. You must be a stubborn old goat like me ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

VR wrote:

How long have you had it? Is it overworked or just duff (and not the good stuff Duff)?

I admire your tenacity. You must be a stubborn old goat like me

It was one of the first we got back in March 2018. It's more neglected than over-used, though I wouldn't mind if it started working again. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

I admire your tenacity. You must be a stubborn old goat like me

It was one of the first we got back in March 2018. It's more neglected than over-used, though I wouldn't mind if it started working again. 🙂

In that case I hope you do manage to jolt it back to life. We can start calling you Dr Frankenstein then ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

In that case I hope you do manage to jolt it back to life. We can start calling you Dr Frankenstein then

Mr Frankenchimp surely?

KinkyMira wrote:

In that case I hope you do manage to jolt it back to life. We can start calling you Dr Frankenstein then

Mr Frankenchimp surely?

Oh, definitely!

I'll give this a little early bump as it's September tomorrow. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

Don't do that! You made me panic about thinking it was the wrong weekend (until I saw the text you put).

KinkyMira wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

Don't do that! You made me panic about thinking it was the wrong weekend (until I saw the text you put).

Hahaha, hose Mr Chimp down with delay spray. We've got another week to go.

You all know I like to be prepared. 🙂 And greedy August has 5 Saturdays this year. But I will try and cool my jets until next week. 🙂

ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA...

Ha I just spent a couple of moments trying to work out your "coded message" what a noob. I knew I shouldn't have had a few beers last night.

Ready or not, here I come!/Fill me up Derek! 🙂

This time it actually is the First Saturday of the month. 👍🙂

Happy Vibrator Maintenance Day! 🎈🎉🎂🙂

I'm rubbish at this - I've got too much stuff. I'm sure some will die of neglect but I do try to keep my main collections going. Too many items are novelties - I have a few favourites and forget about the rest for a while... anyone know how long something can linger at the back of the drawer until it is rediscovered?