First Saturday of the Month

Most of the lithium ones say they have a 90 day standby, though some others (like the Tango) have 60 days. I don't think they'd be bricked straight away, so I'm sure there's some leeway, but I think regular checks are prudent just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

Most of the lithium ones say they have a 90 day standby, though some others (like the Tango) have 60 days. I don't think they'd be bricked straight away, so I'm sure there's some leeway, but I think regular checks are prudent just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks - are those time scales when the batteries run out of charge and have to be recharged, or when they simply die an expensive death? This maintenance is becoming a full time job :-)

The toys I use a lot go to charge straight away. Itโ€™s the other babies I worry about... favouritism, I know.

I think it's a rough estimate of when the batteries will run out of charge. One with a 90 day standby won't be bricked at day 91, but the longer you leave them 'empty' the more they'll continue to lose charge until they're over-depleted and can't be recharged.

I'm curious about which ones you've relegated to the novelty pile? ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'm curious about which ones you've relegated to the novelty pile? ๐Ÿ™‚

A few things I bought or was given early on, which donโ€™t always have enough power to get me there but which were good to experiment with and which still come out occasionally as a warm up act if I have time. A couple of Fifty Shades massagers and a Gspot/clit vibe, a Tracey Cox g-spot vibe, those Mantric Ears which I never quite got on with and the Mantric Rabbit which looks great in terms of design but I find a bit uncomfortable to use. They are all too old to swap for something now and they do will come out occasionally, I just have my regular favourites now which I keep close to hand.

@Ian Chimp - all these toys were great when I bought them and Iโ€™d still recommend them, I just move on to new things quite quickly and the more stuff Iโ€™ve tried, the better I know myself (and OH). Iโ€™ve been rather spoilt recently with the Lelo Soraya 2 - not sure anything else will get a look-in for a while, apart from the trusted bullets and glass which MrR and I use together.

We have a large collection and it's nigh on impossible to to use everything regularly. I think our novelty pile has a lot of rabbits with gizmos (stroking, thrusting, heating, beads, etc). We are a sucker for a gadget toy. ๐Ÿ™‚ They are fun, but they're not versatile enough for everyday.

And kudos on the Soraya 2. Is it good?

Ian Chimp wrote:

And kudos on the Soraya 2. Is it good?

Itโ€™s fab. Iโ€™ve reviewed it. MrR isnโ€™t a great fan of toys beyond a bullet for me, a massager (eg a pebble) for us both and a glass dildo for the visuals once things get going. But he works away quite often and Iโ€™m an at home mum, so other toys are my little luxury. We would never have bought it (pricey) but I have to say it is great.

Iโ€™m learning not to tempted by gadgets with gizmos - they are fine for a fun night and Iโ€™m always happy to write reviews because different people like different things and itโ€™s all good fun. Weโ€™ve also found some treasures and keepers! OH is very good at encouraging lingerie purchases.

Maybe I should start a โ€˜favouritesโ€™ thread...

I have quite a collection now so keep them split. I have a bundle of cases in one drawer and another in a wardrobe. I'm doing the First Saturday on the wardrobe stuff tomorrow as a ran out of time last week.

I have to say the batteries in the We-Vibe toys are excellent. I have an old Tango I keep as an emergency downstairs and often forget about it past the 90 days. It's several years old now as a friend treated me for a special birthday and it still lasts a loooong time both in use and on standby.

I also have a Rave that I recently re-discovered after trying a different charging cable as a last try before recycling It appears that the original cable had NEVER worked as it charged for the first time (I believe) with one of the Mantric cables.

I plugged it in when I had it a few years ago but didn't take notice of the light. Went back to it a few hours later and it seemed fully charged. I'd used it until the battery was low on the app but then found it wouldn't charge. I've pulled it out and tried to charge it a few times over the years and have consistently had the low battery warning but it's never died!

Happily, it's now fully charged and rumbles away like a champ. So glad I tried the Mantric cable on a First Saturday.

If someone else has this issue Lovehoney sells a cable that fits for a fiver. Replacing it through We-Vibe direct costs ยฃ22 (when I last looked).

@VR: emergency Tango, love that idea! And thank you for pointing me to that toy - I bought it on offer on your advice and have had no regret. It is in my โ€˜go toโ€™ drawer.

As well as my instantly at hand bedside drawer I have 3 collections in boxes - Desire (my fave), Mantic and Fifty Shades. Iโ€™ve tried to fit a glass toy in each box too. I generally use one box a week and they go to charge straight away.

The readily available bedside drawer things include the Tango, another Desire bullet and the weighted Desire g-spot toy, a couple of glass dildos and a quick and easy classic vibe.

Other things are in bags and boxes in my lingerie drawer - the nighttime lingerie drawer which contains basques, body stockings etc.

Ive got a big bag of battery toys under the bed - most of them are pretty good so I should use them up, at least until the batteries run out. Sometimes plastic is smoother than silicone.

And we keep Sliquid gel lube / toy cleaner in the bedroom and bathroom - not bothered who sees it, really. The packaging is nice so anyone interested would have to look quite carefully.

MsR wrote:

Itโ€™s fab. Iโ€™ve reviewed it. MrR isnโ€™t a great fan of toys beyond a bullet for me, a massager (eg a pebble) for us both and a glass dildo for the visuals once things get going. But he works away quite often and Iโ€™m an at home mum, so other toys are my little luxury. We would never have bought it (pricey) but I have to say it is great.

I browse through all the new reviews most days and I can't believe I missed this one. It sounds like a good toy (though ยฃ200 is a bit out of my price range ๐Ÿ™‚). I'll cross my fingers for a pricing error. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™‚

MsR wrote:

Maybe I should start a โ€˜favouritesโ€™ thread...

We are missing a thread to talk about our collections. I'll see if I can whip one up. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

VR wrote:

If someone else has this issue Lovehoney sells a cable that fits for a fiver. Replacing it through We-Vibe direct costs ยฃ22 (when I last looked).

It's definitely worth checking to see if Lovehoney has a generic spare that might fit. They have a pretty decent selection.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/sex-toy-essentials/chargers-adaptors/

Forgive me if this is the wrong place, I'm unsure where is the right place, but I wanted to let you know about a little toy hack I just discovered..

Recently when shopping in sainsburys (it's not somewhere I usually go so I may be late to the party here) I discovered they now sell reusable, white, see through like fruit and veg bags for 30p a pop. They are square in shape and about 30cm all round-ish... anyway I saw them thought they looked perfect for storing my jelly type toys in.

So I purchased 10 thinking it would only be ยฃ3 and I could always find some other use for them if they didn't work, I am really pleased to say I am chuffed to bits with them! They look very similar to the organza bags I bought a couple of but a fraction of the price!

Anyway, hopefully it helps one of you out as I know you have well stocked collections!

P.S - it's highly like that I'm way more excited about this than I need to be, but with a full time job and two small ones - the supermarket is the only time I get to be excited - ha!

1 Like

All tips gratefully received. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘ How are they working out?

Great tip. I've used organza gift bags for bullets (quite cheap on ebay etc for a pack). They are not opaque, but a good choice if that isn't an issue.

It's that time of the month again. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

'First Saturday' is a great way to remember to charge everything regularly, but our house is always full of folk at the weekends - not all of them live here... far too public. Even OH might be quite shocked to discover the true extent of the collection if it were all set out to see!

So, when I see these reminders I always make a mental note:'1st Monday 9.04 am for 2 hrs before cleaners arrive, sockets under bed and behind dressing table - go!'

Not quite as catchy, but at least it's a system ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

It's come around quick this month. I might have to leave it a week as my back's bit ropey. Bending to plug things in/put things away is pushing my luck a bit.

MsR wrote:

'First Saturday' is a great way to remember to charge everything regularly, but our house is always full of folk at the weekends - not all of them live here... far too public. Even OH might be quite shocked to discover the true extent of the collection if it were all set out to see!

So, when I see these reminders I always make a mental note:'1st Monday 9.04 am for 2 hrs before cleaners arrive, sockets under bed and behind dressing table - go!'

Not quite as catchy, but at least it's a system

My OH would be a bit shocked, too (putting that mildly). I have a few we use together at his but the majority of my collection is back at mine.

My Tango and "emergency" Tango (now in use) are the same colour so I swap those around between mine and his to keep the batteries going.

He never comes to mine as my daughter is there a lot of the time but if he did and opened one of my wardrobe doors I'd have a lot to explain (even more if they all fell on him and I'd have to call an ambulance after digging him out ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)).

I wonder how many people hide their sex toy stash from their partners?

I'd kill for a cleaner but I'm one of those people who'd have to clean up before they arrive.

@VR: your post really made me smile. My OH and I share some toys but it is mostly my thing. He likes it when I buy lingerie.

I have an image of all my recharable toys lined up in the bedroom charging - it would be quite a sight. Possibly grounds for divorce ;-) Maybe I will do it when everyone is out and post a photo here.

As it is, toys are all stashed away in 4 boxes for collections and in various drawers for odds and ends, and a rotating collection in the bedside drawer for easy access (always includes the Tango and Desire bullets, and a glass dildo, as I know we both like these). Got to look after each other as well as oneself.

I do have cleaners and I still tidy up before they arrive: I pay them to clean, not tidy up teenage undies and they can't hoover with lego on the floor. I get carer's allowance - I spend that on household help. Occasionally they have arrived early when the house is still a mess and they have just got on and sorted it. Angels.

Mrs Chimp is the opposite way round. As I do the monthly(ish ๐Ÿ™‚) checks she never really sees the whole collection laid out. So when I gave her the toy menu she was visibly taken aback, and couldn't quite believe I'd not made a mistake and typed everything in twice. So I pulled out all the boxes, cases, and pouches and fanned everything out to show her. ๐Ÿ™‚ It elicited a very pleasing sharp intake of breath, and a slightly embarrassed flushing of the cheeks, before settling on what I can only describe as avarice (think Aladdin and the Cave of Wonders). At one point I thought she was poised to dive in and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck. ๐Ÿ™‚

Just to add though, only charge the ones that are dead. Don't charge all your toys every month. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘ And if they're just going back into storage only give them a partial charge to tide them over rather than a full one each time.