First time anal toy

I always wanted to try it out with my girlfriend but it's something we didn't get round to, now I'm single I'm trying things out that I never got round to.

What should I get for first time, no vibrating ones, Something I can leave in while sitting at home or on a long distance car journey.

I'm not even sure what feeling I should be expecting from one?

Best thing about being single, you can explore whatever you like without fear of judgement or reaction or questions.

For wearing long term I would look for something with a t-bar rather than a round or otherwise shaped base as these can dig into your butt cheeks after a while.

As for what it feels like, a fullness obviously but at first that might feel wrong since your body is used to only feeling anything there that needs pushing outwards. Once your body and mind is re-trained that it's ok to have something there the fullness is very satisfying and arousing. I can only comment from the point of view of someone without a p-spot of course!

Have fun exploring.

I started with anal play recently too, and would setiously recommend starting with something small and silicone. My first toy was glass and i found it way too intense to begin with.

Maybe something like this. Its looks small, but its really nice when in and hits the p spot if your male.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665

Sizing is important, so do read them before you buy. 3.5 circumference is probubly a good starting point for butt plugs. Also anal lube is a must, it will make it all much easier and more comfortable

There are some good guides on anal on the website too.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/

AmyA wrote:

Best thing about being single, you can explore whatever you like without fear of judgement or reaction or questions.

For wearing long term I would look for something with a t-bar rather than a round or otherwise shaped base as these can dig into your butt cheeks after a while.

As for what it feels like, a fullness obviously but at first that might feel wrong since your body is used to only feeling anything there that needs pushing outwards. Once your body and mind is re-trained that it's ok to have something there the fullness is very satisfying and arousing. I can only comment from the point of view of someone without a p-spot of course!

Have fun exploring.

For a long time we were always discussing things we wanted to try and we did try alot, both of us wanted to wear a anal toy at the same time, Just one of those things we never got round to.

This is my feeling if I don't try it out while I'm single I fear I might be judged if I suggest it when I'm with someone but i cant be judged if I already have toys, I guess being single has it's plus side but I still don't like being alone, and its only been ten months.

Thanks Amy for your input of what it would feel like, and the shape of it.

Green Eyed Girl wrote:

I started with anal play recently too, and would setiously recommend starting with something small and silicone. My first toy was glass and i found it way too intense to begin with.

Maybe something like this. Its looks small, but its really nice when in and hits the p spot if your male.

Sizing is important, so do read them before you buy. 3.5 circumference is probubly a good starting point for butt plugs. Also anal lube is a must, it will make it all much easier and more comfortable

Thanks Green Eyed Girl, That one looks perfect for a newbie like me plus it's cheap if I don't like the feel of anal toys. Great advice about the size and lube.

Yea I will check out that guide on anal toys, must say I'm just excited about it all and that's just me thinking about it.

Thanks.

Glad i could help. Anal toys often go on sale too. So you can pick them up for less if you keep you eye out.

Like AmyA said, Dont expect it to feel great strait away, as with anything new you have to get used to the sensation for it to feel good. First couple of times i used a but plug, it just felt...different. Not bad, just unfamiliar. My advice is start slow, maybe try putting it in during masturbation first, before going for long term wear. Let yourself get used to it. If i struggle, i always breathe and intentionally relax, it helps alot.

I dont find this particular toy very intense, but i dont have a p-spot, so it might be a good idea to read some of the reviews. It definetly gives a different sensation to a more rounded butt plug though. I know prostate toys have their own techniques for using them, so having a good google might help you out.

if you want to wear it long term, be aware you’ll need to relube it periodically. I’ve heard every hour, but i havent tried it myself, so it might be worth asking the forum about it.

Thanks Green Eyed Girl![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Will read up as much as I can to get myself ready![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

For longer term wear, the most comfortable plug I have is the LH Glass medium plug, its around 4.5inch circumfrence, so fairly conservative without being too small, plus it has a skinny neck, so sits inside comfortably, unlike the booty buddy, which is about the same size from top to bottom, this gives you limited ability to stop it sliding out.

being glass, you can also use oil / silicone lubes which last longer than the water base ones. I only use LH discover, so if I am planning on having it in for extended periods, need to factor a reapplication of lube.

One downside I have noticed of all plugs is the lube escapes and you end up with a wet patch in your pants. I usually wait 10 mins or so after inserting, then check and dry off any excess liquid on the base of the toy to stop this. Ok if wearing dark pants, but if you are in light pants / jeans etc, you really don't want a wet patch on your bum!

Think about what it is you are looking for from your anal toy, if its a p spot orgasm, then from what I have read, the aneros toys are king of the hill, but, if its just the feeling of fullness / stretch, then a more bulb / cone shaped butt plug may be the go (as these are designed more for long term / stationary wear).

I agree 100% with AmyA, I find the fullness feeling of a butt plug so satisfying and enjoyable that I will often just put one in at night whilst watching TV. You can sort of rock / clench a bit to enhance the sensation, just don't go too big else it can feel a bit pokey on your insides.

Be wary, once you do start to enjoy it, its not uncommon (especially in men it seems) to want to push the boundaries and see how much you can take, that sensation you get when stretched is giddying.....

Thanks Senator, Sounds like I'm going to have lots of fun, I think why me and my ex never got round to it was she had a hemorrhoid from giving birth and was worried about it making it worse, she had also heard you can get them from anal sex/toys.

Green Eyed Girl wrote:

Wish me good luck as I have just placed a order of that one, feel a bit nervous especially when trying to get it out.

You'll be fine teacake...remember the lube 👌

CurvyJilly34F wrote:

You'll be fine teacake...remember the lube 👌

Thanks, yep I bought some anal lube and cleaning spray, I do have cleaning wipes but thought spray might be better.

I actually find it easier to remove than some of my other butt plugs, as the shape is so tapered. Just tip the plug so the bar faces down when you get to the curve and its no trouble at all. Basically the reverse of how you would insert it. 👍

like cury jilly said, youll be fine. And yeah, lube

I started with fingers and slowly worked up in size, both length and girth. Currently Getting used to my LH 8” long 5” circumference dildo here. It’s a good size and matches the bits at the front! Works best with plenty of lube but I can take it all dry on occasion.

Green Eyed Girl wrote:

I actually find it easier to remove than some of my other butt plugs, as the shape is so tapered. Just tip the plug so the bar faces down when you get to the curve and its no trouble at all. Basically the reverse of how you would insert it. 👍

like cury jilly said, youll be fine. And yeah, lube

Thanks![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) Is there instructions on how to use the toy, I'm going to coat it with a lot of lube lol

Ozymandius wrote:

I started with fingers and slowly worked up in size, both length and girth. Currently Getting used to my LH 8” long 5” circumference dildo here. It’s a good size and matches the bits at the front! Works best with plenty of lube but I can take it all dry on occasion.

Thanks ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I tried the finger in my bum ages ago and decided it was something I wanted to explore with my girlfriend, Now I'm on my own it does seem to be the right time to explore and if I do like it I might explore bigger toys.

I dont think so, but watching the videos on butt plugs helped me alot. The curved part needs to be facing forward to hit the prostate, but might be worth while to try it the other way round too as some reviewers say that feels good too.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/butt-plugs/buyers-guide/how-to-choose-butt-plug/

Getting it in is very easy as its so slim (not much wider than a thumb tbh). Just hook it round when inserting it, and obviously, lube. Relax, breathe, go slow and dont force it if it feels uncomfortable.

For me, once its in i find i sometimes tense up (making the plug slightly uncomfortable) and have to breath and relax again.

Relax, Listen to your body. You’ll be fine.

I personally started with a really small plug and worked my way upto a toy

Green Eyed Girl wrote:

I dont think so, but watching the videos on butt plugs helped me alot. The curved part needs to be facing forward to hit the prostate, but might be worth while to try it the other way round too as some reviewers say that feels good too.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/butt-plugs/buyers-guide/how-to-choose-butt-plug/

Getting it in is very easy as its so slim (not much wider than a thumb tbh). Just hook it round when inserting it, and obviously, lube. Relax, breathe, go slow and dont force it if it feels uncomfortable.

For me, once its in i find i sometimes tense up (making the plug slightly uncomfortable) and have to breath and relax again.

Relax, Listen to your body. You’ll be fine.

Thanks, Can't wait till Monday night, That’s the key thing to remember is to relax. That's kind of put my mind at ease knowing it's not going to be big going in. I really can't believe I'm going to be doing this ever so excited.

Delboy1991 wrote:

I personally started with a really small plug and worked my way upto a toy

Yea I wouldn't want to start of big, I'm thinking already on my next anal toy only one thing it can be something that vibrates.