Foreskin, or not foreskin? That, is the question!

Hi all,

Was having a conversation with someone about this the other day.
I was wanting to get a general consensus around peoples preference - do you have a preference if your partner is cut or uncut?

• Cut
  • Uncut
  • Take it as it comes

0 voters

The not having foreskin is a peculiar American thing. It isnā€™t a thing in most of the rest of the world.

1 Like

Not sure I get what you mean re the peculiar American thing @KinkyMira?
Do you mean more of a ā€˜thingā€™ that Americans tend to have a preference for circumcision?
I have a few friends that are circumcised, for different reasons. One medical, some religion, and one through choice. None of which are Americans :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve only ever met 1 penis that was circumcised and it wasnā€™t my American ex husband :rofl: but being uncircumcised seems to be more of an anomaly in America.
The first tv show that Iā€™ve watched that mentioned foreskin as an oddity was Sex and the City. It was put across as if it was dirty and it shocked me, because a penis is a penis, with or without the snood.
In spite of this, I might start Sex and the City again.

Edited for spelling :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think @JoCat probably put it in better words than I did. Thatā€™ll teach me to do a quick post.

1 Like

@JoCat . The foreskin can give the opportunity for secretions to gather and build bacteria.
However , this is only an issue if personal hygiene is lax.
:joy: I take great pleasure literally, from making sure my penis is well and truely cleaned when in the shower ( 3 times daily).

You think itā€™s an obvious thing that people would wash their bits properly, but I think the genitals are the most undiscussed area. If youā€™re in the UK youā€™ll probably have heard of the Embarrassing Bodies episode where the guy went on tv to talk about the state of his willy, he didnā€™t know he had to pull his foreskin back and wash it. It seems so obvious, but you donā€™t know what you donā€™t know.

And some women think that they pee from their vagina. I hope that human biology and sex education that kids get now is more thorough than when I was in school. I went to an all girls Catholic school run by nuns, my sex education was about periods. I distinctly remember the class being told to lie on the floor in the foetal position to relieve period cramps. Thatā€™s all I remember from it :rofl:

Iā€™ve gone off topic, apologies everyone :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Foreskin yay, no foreskin yay. As long as the penis is happy, isnā€™t that really all that matters? :wink:

4 Likes

Circumcision should only be done if medically necessary, its a form of genital mutilation otherwise.

Its quite sad that our societal approach to hygiene was to remove sensitive (and biologically important) skin rather than teach people to be clean. The original reason it was started was to make sex uncomfortable and prevent ā€œsinā€.

Fortunately, its not a big thing in my country and education on sexual health is improving.

2 Likes

Sounds like Derry girls.:joy:

Iā€™m circumcised, which was done when I was a baby. It feels normal to me and I have no problem with it. The only thing Iā€™ve wondered about is whether circumcision stunted its growth.

1 Like

I never knew my skin.
Health thing had caused me to need it removed when young.

People say that they think it looks cleaner or more appealing.

2 Likes

Iā€™m cercumsized as I had scar tissue and it was painful to wash and make love, glad I had it done and love the feeling tooā€‹:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve discussed writing a book on the forum before and I think I may add a section on genital health and hygiene for this reason. I feel someone may read it for the purpose of exploring their own sexualty and learn something they didnā€™t know, they didnā€™t know.

2 Likes