Forum mail/push notifs notifications a la carte?

I’ve been a little annoyed about this, but sometimes I like to have a monitoring of some posts (like the games), that means I’d see how many posts I haven’t read in the menu of the forum, so I’d only see that when I open the forum and have a lot of time for myself. But sometimes I’d like to receive immediate notifications (something that makes me go “I have to check it now”) for some less answered, and more important posts. So if that’s possible, I’d like a fifth level of notifications (muted, normal, tracking, watching and a fifth one). With potentially the ability to automatically set all new posts to ‘worth notifying’, or maybe just “new posts in the category Sex Tips & Talk”.

who’s with me?

1 Like

I really did have trouble understanding what you exactly want.

The forum is set so that if some one responds to your post, you will see a little notification in the top right of this website, if someone likes your comment you will see the same notification. Same for replies and responses albeit it may be a different type of image.

You can also bookmark the topic, I really might have made a bit of a mistake here but I am going by what you posted, maybe someone else may explain better.

All the best.

Currently, the highest level of notification for a post is that you get notified of all the new posts in it in the right corner menu. And for all the notifications you get there, you can receive push notifications and/or email notifications.

If I activated one of these, I’d have a notification each time someone plays chain reaction, word association, replies to What are you contemplating purchasing next, or When did you last masturbate, etc.
That would be spamming me with the very regular notifications of these posts that I only want to check when I have more time.

But I’d still like to be notified immediately if there are new replies to a post I created, or for a post where someone asks for advice, or if I want to get notifications for every new post in #introduce-yourself because I want to greet everyone as soon as they post. But currently, it’s all or nothing.

1 Like

You can set notifications for when there is a new topic created in a particular category. In the menu, if you select the topic you are interested in, on the notification icon you have the choice of “watching first post”. This will give you a notification when a new topic is started.

I know that, but I was saying that the push notifications and the email notifications are all watched or nothing, and I’d prefer to set individually "I am watching ‘chain reaction’ " and “I get push notifications for ‘Vivre avec une personne sex repulsed’ and for every new posts in #introduce-yourself

The push notifications are forwards of your onsite notifications (as would be the email notifications, though we don’t have them on this site).

Your examples already seem to be covered by the existing notification levels?

• Setting an individual topic to Tracking would give you counts in the topic lists of new posts for that topic, and wouldn’t generate notifications unless you were directly replied to/quoted, etc.
  • While, as has been mentioned, Watching First Post at the category level would send a notification for newly created topics in that category (eg #testers).
  • And Watching would generate a notification for all new replies in either a topic, if you set it at the topic level, or category if you set it from the category level.

There’s more info on all the different types of notifications in Notifications

3 Likes

I’m struggling with this one but from what I can tell what @Ian_Chimp has said is the best answer I could also come up with by looking at the notifications section of the site.