Friend Requests

I seem to get a lot of friend requests from individuals with no picture, no bio, no reviews, no messages and often no friends. I always choose to ignore these requests. Do others get these?

Yes I do, I tend to wait a lfew days to see if they start contributing but if not then I ignore the request.

I don't accept straight away i see if they have any reviews and posts if they don't i wait to see if they join the community, I wait about two weeks then make up my mind. If they don't join us in the community then its a ignore.

Been getting these kind of request's quite alot over the last Month.

Same here x I do the same as the others have said usually

Sadly I haven’t had a single friend request .... :(

i love getting friend requests but always cautious when not from someone i have noticed before.

This is good to know, I have wondered what was acceptable forum etiquette around this issue. I’m confused as to the point of it anyway: is it just a throw-back to when you could chat privately with other forum users if you were friends with them?

I don't even bother with friend requests seeing as they do literally nothing. I just let them sit there.

I don't even bother with friend requests seeing as they do literally nothing. I just let them sit there.

MK7 it's still nice to have the freind request even though you can't physically do anything with it, You are letting the person know you are at least cyber friends. Also it helps with wish list items as going through them every now and then makes me think O thats something to try something i would of never thought of trying before, Same goes with the reviews and if they have added any pictures.

I have one I requested and got my first recently which was lovely nice to know others their etc

teacake wrote:

MK7 it's still nice to have the freind request even though you can't physically do anything with it, You are letting the person know you are at least cyber friends. Also it helps with wish list items as going through them every now and then makes me think O thats something to try something i would of never thought of trying before, Same goes with the reviews and if they have added any pictures.

I agree with you Teacake. Maybe I will just wait a while before choosing to ignore in that case.

I just add whoever adds me. Think I have sent out 2 requests myself as I don't really see the point in the whole "friends" thing. If friends were allowed to message one another or actually do anything on my profile then I'd be a bit more choosy but as it stands I just let it happen.

I only accept requests from people with at least a profile picture.

Like many others, I don't reject straight away though.

It's simply just reassuring to have some friends as well as anoniminity on here.

I find it helps me to be myself and know that there are others out there that are into similar things as me, when it comes to Lovehoney or just in general. I am overjoyed if someone accepts my friend request, as I am when I get a surprise request to be someone else's friend.

If I think I have similar things in common with someone (such as desires or tastes in lingerie) or I think they offer genuine comments on the forums, I will select them. I think genuine people would expect the same from me in return.

The friend request means different things to everyone as people have expressed on this thread. Personally, it really means a lot to me in a special way. x Thanks all. ☺

I think the friend request is a nice thing it’s a shame you can’t have one to one chat or small group chat especially for someone like me with a very much minority taste in what does it for me . Really enjoyed some of the chat and help on the forums I think if someone excepted as a friend your keep an eye out for there posts etc.👍

I love a friend request. It's sad as it makes me feel important especially if I'm not having an active time on the forum.

I just blanket say yes to everyone, I don't usually look at their profile tbh. Accepting a friend request does nothing to me (as people have already said, they are only useful if you want to use your list to quickly find forum members that you like, to read their reviews or see their forum messages. It doesn't allow people to interact with you so there's no harm in it at all), but it might hurt someone's feelings if I ignore or reject their friend request. That's why I always click accept and then don't worry about it.

As many others already pointed out, having friends on here doesn't serve a purpose. I used to be more picky but now I will only decline if it's from someone that writes in their profile something I really don't like, but that happens rarely.

I'm a newbie to the forums, so I haven't received any requests as yet, however, I find this an interesting subject.

When it comes to Social Media (Facebook etc), I don't generally send friend requests to people I don't know, nor do I accept them from people who I have no interests/friends in common with etc.

I'm still in two minds about putting a photo up on this site too.

Not because I don't want people to know who I am, but because I hate selfies & have only ever managed to take a single decent selfie.......and I'm in work uniform!!

Although, there is a 2nd half decent selfie I could use..........maybe I will upload a photo after all.