Friend Requests

I accept everyone :) I also don't have a profile picture mainly to conceal my identity, can't really do lingerie pics either as I'm covered in tattoos that are unique and recognisable

I have only ever had one friend request, this was from a female forum member. I did nothing about it because it seemed pointless to be a friend if you cannot communicate. I also was fairly certain that my wife would not be too happy about me befriending another female whether able to communicate or not. So whoever you were please accept my apologies.

I just like reading ppls list's and reviews. For ideas with my better half. Can't be any worse than facebook.

Yes Jezebel. Me too. I just say yes. And if someone writes a post I particularly like, I invite them. I think it's an old habit from other social sites. I wonder what the Lovehoney team have to say about the whole 'friends' thing?

Gran wrote:

Yes Jezebel. Me too. I just say yes. And if someone writes a post I particularly like, I invite them. I think it's an old habit from other social sites. I wonder what the Lovehoney team have to say about the whole 'friends' thing?

Very true be interesting if we could do more with friends or get shown their posts first or even an option to do thumbs up and down posts so admin can see what posts customers and users have found useful or not in terms.

It's always nice to see what people like/dislike or are into , the difference between here and other places is that apart from looking at someones profile and pictures you can only speak through the forums. A double edged sword as some people do like to chat in private, but it cuts out the pest messagers that you get on other sites.

I recieved my first friend request last week and two more followed. Im assuming its because i put a picture in the community gallery. I joined Love Honey about two weeks ago and had no idea there was a social side to it which im just getting into and really enjoying actually. Im more of a reader on the forum to be honest at this stage. I did think it was a bit weird at first as wasnt sure as to accept or not, but i did and i dont see a problem really as they cant message you and I like looking at what others have brought and reading the reviews and contributions to the forum.

Just Tease Me wrote:

I recieved my first friend request last week and two more followed. Im assuming its because i put a picture in the community gallery.

Yep, I only really get friend requests after posting new photos on the gallery. I find it awfully flattering.

Gran wrote:

This is what we have said about it...

Before Lovehoney had an overhaul, we used to have a private chat system where members could talk to one another one-on-one. Sadly we were forced to remove this system as it was impossible for us to moderate conversations and protect our members.

We left the ‘Friend Request’ system in place as members seem to enjoy it, plus it makes visiting certain members’ accounts really easy and quick. For example, you might know that a particular member tends to post really useful sex toy reviews that suit your tastes. Having them on your friend's list makes it really easy to jump to their account quickly so you can keep up to date with their latest community activity.

To find out more about the forum and some answers to the FAQs we get there is a post here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1651027-forum-faqs/

I think being friends is a good thing as said it's great being able to jump to your friend profiles and see what they have posted recently the lack of a direct chat with them is a bit of a let down but not the end of the world. One way of dealing pestering messages would be to have a request to chat function so they can't type anything till the friend has accepted chat request just a thought LH

Good suggestion, but the chat function won't be something returning any time soon, I would go as far as to say ever.

Sorry!

Lovehoney Chat - Where is it? Can we have it?

As above, we used to have a private chat system where members could talk to one another one-on-one. Sadly we were forced to remove this system as it was impossible for us to moderate conversations and protect our members.

Lovehoney has never been (and will never be) a place for arranging hookups, private cybersex, phone fun or flirting. There are plenty of other websites designed specifically for this purpose, and these sites have tools in place to protect their members properly.

Lovehoney is a place for open discussions about sex, and anything you say here should be able to be said publicly. If not, it’s probably breaking the rules and best said elsewhere! If you’re unsure of the do’s and don’ts of posting on the forum please check out the Forum Rules.

I don't really mind people adding me as a friend, as you can't do anything with it.. however I do like having friends as it's easier to find them without searching.

Delboy1991 wrote:

I don't really mind people adding me as a friend, as you can't do anything with it.. however I do like having friends as it's easier to find them without searching.

Especially now the members' section has been taken offline.

Hello all.

I'd added someone as friend a while back and they have not answered the request and left me as 'pending'. It's been several months now.

I don't really know what to do as I know they still chat on the forum from time to time and I obviously don't want to cancel the request.

I notice on their profile they seem to just have 'real people's' profiles pictures as friends and not cartoon pictures or 'non-human' ones.

Maybe it's just a case of they just want to see the person (or a part of them!) they are chatting with on here, I honestly don't know.

I have lots of people who have requested me on here and it brightens my life in general. I know I shouldn't worry and be anxious about it, but I am.

I would like to think they are into similar things that I am and that's why I picked them. Please help.

I do have a tendency/need to feel accepted, due to symptoms of my 'emotional instability' diagnosis.

Thank you x. 🙂

Is it Leanne?

It's not always obvious you have a friend request if you mostly use mobile, and I know I don't always log in unless I need to post something (you don't need to log in to read the forum). Sometimes it takes ages to realise you have a friend request without notifications and done people don't look at them at all. I really wouldn't take it personally.

When I log in via mobile it's in a yellow box at top of screen if any pending friends. I have had a couple which is nice as a relatively new person to the forum nice to think people don't think my replies posts are rubbish. Lmao

No Ian, Leanne is already on my list x.

P.S. Sorry to go off topic, I've updated my Dreamgirl review with CC. x

I don't want to say who it is as I don't want to offend them!

Thanks 'Cb1987' for your reassuring words, I feel the same about my posts too - some people obviously enjoy them! 😊

Just added your request now, thanks. x