Gags. Good or Bad?

So, what's your safe word when using a gag? Is it "Nnngh!" or "Nnngh!"?

[Sorry, I couldn't resist such a bad gag...]

Haven't played with gags yet but intend to - it appeals to me that I wouldn't have to worry about being too noisy. And it's a submissive kink that something so integral to me (my ability to communicate) would be taken from me.

not sure if id like to be gaged but can see it would be helpful to stop me being noisy (currently bite into the pilliows lol)

Dxx

lol, well the ball gag we currently have cuts in around thee dges of the moth where the strap goes through the ball. It can be really unsexally painful so I want something like this to shut me up! guess i'll keep hunting or give up and order it from the states. Wish id seen it last year when it was $2=£1!

What sort of gags don't tend to get the drooling effect? I find that a bit unappealing. Do penis gags work okay?

I think it depends on the size of the gag. Anything taht holds your mouth open too much for a time will cause drooling. I guess bit gags might not, and jsut a siple scarf or somehting proberbly wouldn't as you mouth is mostly closed.

The penis gag we have still causes me to drool after a while.

god my spelling was rubbish in that. Edit buttons please LH!!!!!

I'm SOOO uninterested in being gagged, I think it'd be one of the quickest ways to get me turned off and wretching in the bathroom. Just...no. Lol.

well, i'm not up for that sort of gagging either most of the time, but i like to be gagged in the sense of having a ball gag or something in my mouth thats stops me talking or what not, nothing to big that makes you want to wretch though!

Slave Malcom wrote:

well, i'm not up for that sort of gagging either most of the time, but i like to be gagged in the sense of having a ball gag or something in my mouth thats stops me talking or what not, nothing to big that makes you want to wretch though!

I've only got a little mouth, so I can't deal with a ball gag. I'm alright with like, cloth tied like around my mouth and the back of my head, and WELL UP for a hand over my mouth. Just, anything much else makes me feel ill. Heh.

fair enough, my OH never liked it either for taht same reason when we first started experimenting with bondage all those many moons ago. Now that she's taken charge thats not an issue anymore!

We don't own one, but I'm really really interested to get one. I tend to shout so loud when orgasming that I have to bite something, like the pillow. I think I'd need the gag because if I try to come more silently, it will have bad affect on the orgasm itself. I find the gag extremely sexy but I'm not sure if my man does, we haven't really talked about it, funny!

Darth wrote:

What sort of gags don't tend to get the drooling effect? I find that a bit unappealing. Do penis gags work okay?

The thing is, it's the gag part that makes you drool. Gagging is something you do when yourthroat is blocked, which is pretty much what gags are for. So your bodies natural reaction is to produce more saliva to clear whatever's blocking it.

You can just pull the gag out slightly so the gagged person can drool out onto the floor/themselves.

kinkboyuk wrote:

Gagging is something you do when yourthroat is blocked, which is pretty much what gags are for. So your bodies natural reaction is to produce more saliva to clear whatever's blocking it.

Ok, for a start, under no circumstances should any toy gag ever block the throat, never ever. If any toy gags ever block your throat, you should send the toy back to the retailer immediately, possibly also with a letter indicating the possibility of their toy causing injury or death. The throat should be utterly uninvolved in toy gag use. Toy gags are designed to inhibit vocal sounds, to hold the wearer's mouth open, or for pony play or similar, and nothing else.

Drooling whilst gagged is nothing to do with the throat at all. Drooling whilst gagged is caused when the gag wearer is prevented from using their tongue to swallow. I think that watching a person drool whom I've gagged is hot, but that's just me. :)

That throat thingy is really important! I just had to step in and mention it. Please take care if anybody says they want to block your throat. That is a really terrible idea.

tallboy247 wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me please as to how long it took them to overcome the reflex, and any tricks of the trade l should know about?

If so, can you let my patients know - there's nothing worse in my job! Such a stunning role, studying, taking exams etc etc - just to play with spit all day & have every person walk in the room almost throw up all over you External Media hehe x

kinkboyuk wrote:

Darth wrote:

The thing is, it's the gag part that makes you drool. Gagging is something you do when yourthroat is blocked, which is pretty much what gags are for. So your bodies natural reaction is to produce more saliva to clear whatever's blocking it.

You can just pull the gag out slightly so the gagged person can drool out onto the floor/themselves.

Getting It Wrong, this is it.

the gag reflex and using a gag to silence someone are completely different things. In this topic we are talking about devices called 'gags' which are used to make it impossible to speak. This had not, and shouldn't ever, have anything whatsoever to do with the gag reflex.

(and the word 'gag' has now lost all meaning to me because I've typed it so often)

Lubyanka wrote:

kinkboyuk wrote:

Gagging is something you do when yourthroat is blocked, which is pretty much what gags are for. So your bodies natural reaction is to produce more saliva to clear whatever's blocking it.

Ok, for a start, under no circumstances should any toy gag ever block the throat, never ever. If any toy gags ever block your throat, you should send the toy back to the retailer immediately, possibly also with a letter indicating the possibility of their toy causing injury or death. The throat should be utterly uninvolved in toy gag use. Toy gags are designed to inhibit vocal sounds, to hold the wearer's mouth open, or for pony play or similar, and nothing else.

Drooling whilst gagged is nothing to do with the throat at all. Drooling whilst gagged is caused when the gag wearer is prevented from using their tongue to swallow. I think that watching a person drool whom I've gagged is hot, but that's just me. :)

That throat thingy is really important! I just had to step in and mention it. Please take care if anybody says they want to block your throat. That is a really terrible idea.

Oh yeah, you don't want to block someone's throat.

I don't think you can have much fun while not breathingExternal Media

Yeah, you want to be careful with inflatable gags - those can get inflated enough to block the airway.

In some respects what you want from a gag would be a strap, but with the ball on one side - not with the strap going into the sides of the ball.

KinkyWolf wrote:

Yeah, you want to be careful with inflatable gags - those can get inflated enough to block the airway.

In some respects what you want from a gag would be a strap, but with the ball on one side - not with the strap going into the sides of the ball.

I completely agree Kinky Wolf, so does anyone know where I can get something like this from a UK supplier?

http://www.tiedupgame.com/product/m0116c.html

I did ask a few posts ago but no one took any notice. External Media Either that or i've gotta so state side for it!

How is the ball attached to the leather? I don't think it would be that hard to make one.