glass dildos! Help!

Hi, can anyone help me?

I'm looking for advice on using glass dildos. I've just purchased my first one ever in the LH sale, theres so much to choose from, even from the glass dildo range. I had to buy something and take advantage of LH sale, I just coldn't resist! The glass dildos all look so lovely and high quality and I've heard so many people raving on about them and how great and different they are. I'm a newbie to these, having only been used to using silicone dildos/vibrators. I don't like the idea of the jelly/rubber ones they just don't feel right, so I thought I'd give glass a go.

The onIy thing is though, I don't like the whole idea of heating them up/cooling them, the mere thought of it makes me feel like 'ouch!' as I am particularly very sensitive down there. I was just looking for something a little different other than your usual dildos/vibrators. Oh, and they are safe right? I mean, its not going to break on me? lol

ronnie-baby. x x

if anyone wants to see the one I've just purchased in the sale feel free: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17143

R-B. x x

Very nice,
We have one (diffrent Model) and wilst its very nice we personally prefer others.
my wife did try putting it in the freezer and then trying it in my ass but it was too cold and hurt me. have used it normally and it works fine and very easy to clean after anal use.

You don't have to heat up or cool down if you don't want to.
They're amazing at room temperature too.

They're made of toughened glass so they're very safe. They're very strong and won't shatter.

I've got a few and I love them. So much better than the jelly counterparts.

Lay back and enjoy.

I hope it's not a total waste of money then. I'm so so fussy when it comes to dildos. lol

R-B. x x

Hiya,

Glass dildos are completely safe, being made out of a special glass that's almost unbreakable. You really can bash it around and not do any damage to it at all.

The one you've got there looks like a great beginner's one. When I got my first one it was all nobbly and it was quite uncomfortable as there's obviously no give to glass at all and it really didn't agree with me. If you end up with more glass dildos, bear the texture in mind as it's less forgiving than silicone.

The heating up thing is relative, you can go as hot or as cool as you like. I've personally found that heating mine up a little bit can feel great as it emulates the feel of a really hard cock. A cool dildo doesn't really appeal to me, but others will say it feels great.

You can go as hot or as cool as you like. Hot water is usually the preferred method of heating a dildo, although boiling water isn't advised. However, the good thing about using hot water is that you can get the water to a temperature that you feel comfortable with - you don't have to go mega hot, just go with whatever you want. Submerge the dildo in the water for a few minutes and you have a lovely warm dildo to play with.

The same goes for cooling - you don't have to put it in the freezer or fridge to get it really cold. Submerging it in some cool water (again, it doesn't have to be freezing, it can be as cool as you like) for a few minutes results in a nice cool dildo.

Remember, temperature isn't just hot or cold, it's a scale and you can put your dildos on that scale wherever you feel comfortable with! It's certainly worth a go, even if it's not something you'd want to indulge in all the time.

Thanks Ravenous_Rubenesque, I shall look forward to enjoying my new experiennce with it.

x x

Hi, eksvie, thats the part that concerns me, that glass is less forgiving than the silicone toys that I'm used to.

x x

The one you've got is smooth, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. It's only when textures come into play that you have to be careful.

My first dildo was this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4264

I put it on my wishlist and my boyfriend bought it for me for my birthday, but the little nobbles are really hard being glass, and I found them quite painful.

Since then I've got this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683

This one really is wonderful. No texture to it so it just slides in and out like a dream. No friction at all, which can sometimes be a problem with cheaper silicone toys. I highly recommend this one, although the one you've ordered looks great too. I can't foresee any problems that you'd have with that one.

Yeah I can see why it would be painful. I'm glad you said though, because it didn't occur to me and I was looking at that one amongst others too. It still looks lovely though, it's a shame it was painful for you I can imagine it would have otherwise been fun. I have to be so careful what I use I'm so sensitive.

The second one that you have that you get on with, wow, that looks amazing! I'll see how I get on with this first one, and if I like it I might consider getting that one too! You shouldv'e written a review on it.

I love my silicone toys, although I only go for high quality ones like from Tantus, in fact they're all I use. I thoroughly recommend them. Although I love them, I suppose I want to try the glass ones 'cos I'm getting bored now! But then I suppose you wouldn't want a roast dinner every night now would you?! lol.

x x

I called LH up to change my mind on that glass dildo, I've now changed my order to this one instead: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14731 I like veins and ridges on my dildos too much! lol

x x

You've had some great comments already; just wanted to add that at room temperature, glass feels cool anyway so you'll get an idea of whether you fancy playing with the temperature...

CCW x

Thanks CCW that has really helped. I think I would probably prefer it cooler rather than hot.

x x

I have this one and i really like thhis one i also just use it at room tempature

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683

ronnie-baby wrote:

Oh, and they are safe right? I mean, its not going to break on me?

No, they sale products that break inside causing possible fatal bleeding. Of course their safe! Their made from a reinforced glass and won't chip or break on you. We recently got a beaded one that isn't in the sale but it's an absolutely superb product.

I don't know if anyone has posted any links from the blog but these might be worth a look:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/?q=glass

Im a little apprehensive about glass dildos. Its made of GLASS!

jackador123 wrote:

Im a little apprehensive about glass dildos. Its made of GLASS!

But toughened glass! Unless your bits are harder than glass (which would be the least of your worries) then you have no worries!

Aye, you see on the wee videos, the Prof especially loves whacking them against the tables, and there's not even a sign of a crack.

The dildo is mightier than the pen and sword as the saying (now) goes.