Glass - pros and cons

Hey guys and girls.

I was wondering what everyone's experiences have been with glass toys. Temperature play, rigidity, solo play, with a partner, Pros and cons. Anything you have to say!
I'm really keen to try them, and have a selection I've been interested in for a while.. But while trying to buy a house, and with a recent and huge set back with a car engine sieze, I'm more than strapped for cash.

I don't want to get my hopes up, and work extra shifts to save up, then be disappointed or find that they wouldn't do it for me.

Any advice or experience you can give on this would be great, so I can make a much more informed decision.

I love mine! My favorite part by far is the temperature play. I like the ridgid ones with texture. :) Mr. B uses it on me during foreplay and I use it solo. I find that I don't need lube with glass toys. I like the ones that have two ends with different textures so you can mix it up. I am usually unable to orgasam with just vaginal stimulation, but I am able to with the right glass. :) The good news, if you don't like it, you can return it! :)

I'm the opposite to B-B, i prefer my glass smooth with no textures, and curved as they are so rigid with no give, so can be painful. I too can use them without lube, which is a preference, and find i can stand much bigger girths, i have a glass with a 5.25 girth, where as in silicone i can only handle 4 inch girth.

Hi. We have found glass toys to be amazing they are our favourite toys we have got all different ones we have plain ones,ones with swirls and dots. The temp play is fanastic if it hot or cold. It does add extra fun to the use of the toy. If your not looking to spend much money LH got some on sale at the moment.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30943

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30948

Hi i have the double texured curved one and whilst its great warmed up i do find the curve to be abit uncomfortable as its so stiff.

However i am looking to buy a straight glass dildo. I love the swirly texture so that one is my aim

Hi I love my glass toys, I don't have many and I'm looking to get the love honey beaded glass dildo next.

Pros glass is rigid and you can grip and squeeze it as hard as you want. It's great for temperature play, hot or cold (fridge only freezer might damage the doy). It's very easy to clean and non porous. Will last lifetime and never need batteries.

Cons glass is rigid and not forgiving, if you are too rough with it its you that will feel the pain. Obviously glass toys don't vibrate.

I like a little bit of a curve to my glass dildos it helps me to reach the g spot, and I'm a fan of texture too, glass is very smooth and texture helps me with the sensation.

If your looking for your first glass toy I would recommend the Tracey Cox Supersex twin pack of glass dildos, they are different lengths sizes and textures so there is bound to be something you like between them. They also go on offer regularly so you could get them at a bargain price, I have seen them as deal of the day before, so worth watching out for.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I am really grateful for your input!!
Its interesting to see a running theme of temperature play being a big pro. It's something I've heard bits about, and have only ever had very minimal experience with! Something I'm growing much more keen to try some more.

Do any of you find that your preferences in glass reflects your preferences in other toys? Eg, shaped for g spot, or more straight shaped?

I have a few glass and I enjoy them all and there's lots more I have my eye on. I think as a beginner though you can;t go wrong with this ...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17187

This was the first glass I ever bought, and even though I've bought other since, this still gets a lot of use.

There is nothing I don't like about glass, it is so satisfying to use on both myself and a partner. Temperature play is just fantastic. I actually enjoy both smooth and ridged depnding on my mood, so it's nice to have both.

I definitely think glass it worth a try

Just seen your second message after I'd written this. I do prefer a curved glass, I have a straight one, but for me it isn't my favourite because I do enjoy the g-spot stimulation and it doesn;t quite hit the spot.

x

LadyS wrote:

I have a few glass and I enjoy them all and there's lots more I have my eye on. I think as a beginner though you can;t go wrong with this ...

This was the first glass I ever bought, and even though I've bought other since, this still gets a lot of use.

There is nothing I don't like about glass, it is so satisfying to use on both myself and a partner. Temperature play is just fantastic. I actually enjoy both smooth and ridged depnding on my mood, so it's nice to have both.

I definitely think glass it worth a try x

I hadn't thought of wanting/preferring different types depending on mood. That's a good point. I'm starting to think that perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, and I'm more focused on money than the toys benefits. Every finance decision / purchase feels like a loan agreement lol. I'm so glad I've got experienced, honest and kind people to talk this through with. Youre all helping me get more informed, and get back to what were all actually here for.

lj101 wrote:

LadyS wrote:

I definitely think glass it worth a try x

I hadn't thought of wanting/preferring different types depending on mood. That's a good point. I'm starting to think that perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, and I'm more focused on money than the toys benefits. Every finance decision / purchase feels like a loan agreement lol. I'm so glad I've got experienced, honest and kind people to talk this through with. Youre all helping me get more informed, and get back to what were all actually here for.

Always remember as well if you get somethings and it really doesn't do anything for you at all, you can always send it back. So you'd never be wasting you're money as Lovehoney want you to be happy so will keep heping until you get the item that hits the spot :)

If you wanted to try one though but didn't want to spend loads, then the couple mentioned earlier by someone else that are on sale would probably be just as good a place to start as anywhere else.

x

I didn't get on with glass. I tried the Tracey Cox glass dildo set which was probably he best one to try because you get a good selection of textures and size. But for me, I just didn't like it. This it was too hard and ridgid for me it wasn't comfortable. Good thing is you can return it if you don't get on with it.

The Lovehoney returns policy is excellent. A real help for people in this position.
I think I will wait for the extra cash from these night shifts (currently have the pleasure of three :/) and look up on the reviews to find what one is worth a good try.
Which one has been your favourite, and why?
Got to admit, I'm nervous!

lj101 wrote:

The Lovehoney returns policy is excellent. A real help for people in this position.
I think I will wait for the extra cash from these night shifts (currently have the pleasure of three :/) and look up on the reviews to find what one is worth a good try.

Aw don't be nervous, just make sure you're in the mood and have fun and if you don't have fun just get straight back on here, tell us what you did and didn't and we will all try and help you find another solution, lol.

My asolute favourite glass piece I own is this one

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25814

It has swirls, but is also smooth. The end is perfectly shaped and it hits the spot every, single time. I love it. Plus it is sooo pretty :)

x

LadyS wrote:

lj101 wrote:

Aw don't be nervous, just make sure you're in the mood and have fun and if you don't have fun just get straight back on here, tell us what you did and didn't and we will all try and help you find another solution, lol.

It has swirls, but is also smooth. The end is perfectly shaped and it hits the spot every, single time. I love it. Plus it is sooo pretty :)

x

Oh yes, LadyS. That one is on my wishlist!! It's stunning in its own right, without even thinking about what it could do sexually. Do you think it would be worth a try for a glass beginner? I'd have a good bit of saving up to do, so want to make sure I'm going for the right one.

This one is our favourite glass toy.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30947

I have written a review on it. If you wanted to have a read. If you our saving up for one this one is one the two for £30 at the moment.

Don't use it standing up in the bathroom if you have a tiled floor(ceramic shower tray/bath), slippery hands can mean you could drop it also be careful cleaning it in the sink or you could always put it through the dish washer - just be cautious who empties it!

bondagegod wrote:

This one is our favourite glass toy.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30947

I have written a review on it. If you wanted to have a read. If you our saving up for one this one is one the two for £30 at the moment.

I will definitely look it up, bondagegod. Thank you!! :)

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Don't use it standing up in the bathroom if you have a tiled floor(ceramic shower tray/bath), slippery hands can mean you could drop it also be careful cleaning it in the sink or you could always put it through the dish washer - just be cautious who empties it!

Oh dear! Slippery hands and tiled floors.. Not the best mix for glass toys!!! I'll definitely be avoiding dishwasher use before we get into our own house. My parents have almost 0 respect for privacy as it is! Haha :)

lj101 wrote:

LadyS wrote:

lj101 wrote:

x

Oh yes, LadyS. That one is on my wishlist!! It's stunning in its own right, without even thinking about what it could do sexually. Do you think it would be worth a try for a glass beginner? I'd have a good bit of saving up to do, so want to make sure I'm going for the right one.

Yep I think for a begginer it would be suitable, there is nothing about it that should cause any issues. It is maybe slightly larger in girth than some of the slimmer ones, but not by an awful lot x

I love my glass dildo....I have the textured double ended one and find it fab....you get a choice of textures and as a lot of others have said its fantastic for exploring temperature play, just be wary of getting it too hot or too cold :)

I would also definitely keep an eye on the deal of the day as I'm sure I've seen a few glass toys come up on there which means you could get one at a bargain price x