Glass - pros and cons

I'm new to glass, I only have one toy which is the double ended textured glass dildo. I really love it!

I was apprehensive about trying glass, as I have a couple of rigid vibes which feel really uncomfortable when used internally. However, it's so slippery and smooth that the rigidity feels really nice, and this one is slightly curved so it fits my body better.

I thought the textures would be painful, but they actually feel really subtle and nice. It's amazing when the glass heats up inside you and you can feel the warmth radiating through all the ridges and bumps, that's my favourite thing about glass I think.

I'd recommend trying one of the discontinued glass toys as they're reduced to around £10 instead of £22, and they're meant to be really good. :)

LadyS wrote:

lj101 wrote:

LadyS wrote:

lj101 wrote:

The Lovehoney returns policy is excellent. A real help for people in this position.
I think I will wait for the extra cash from these night shifts (currently have the pleasure of three :/) and look up on the reviews to find what one is worth a good try.
Which one has been your favourite, and why?
Got to admit, I'm nervous!

Aw don't be nervous, just make sure you're in the mood and have fun and if you don't have fun just get straight back on here, tell us what you did and didn't and we will all try and help you find another solution, lol.

My asolute favourite glass piece I own is this one

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25814

It has swirls, but is also smooth. The end is perfectly shaped and it hits the spot every, single time. I love it. Plus it is sooo pretty :)

x

Oh yes, LadyS. That one is on my wishlist!! It's stunning in its own right, without even thinking about what it could do sexually. Do you think it would be worth a try for a glass beginner? I'd have a good bit of saving up to do, so want to make sure I'm going for the right one.

Yep I think for a begginer it would be suitable, there is nothing about it that should cause any issues. It is maybe slightly larger in girth than some of the slimmer ones, but not by an awful lot x

Hopefully I can get this one eventually then. Exciting times :)

Boogaloo wrote:

I'm new to glass, I only have one toy which is the double ended textured glass dildo. I really love it!

I was apprehensive about trying glass, as I have a couple of rigid vibes which feel really uncomfortable when used internally. However, it's so slippery and smooth that the rigidity feels really nice, and this one is slightly curved so it fits my body better.

I thought the textures would be painful, but they actually feel really subtle and nice. It's amazing when the glass heats up inside you and you can feel the warmth radiating through all the ridges and bumps, that's my favourite thing about glass I think.

I'd recommend trying one of the discontinued glass toys as they're reduced to around £10 instead of £22, and they're meant to be really good. :)

Thanks, Boogaloo! Unfortunately I have 0 in my bank account for a few more weeks yet, so won't be making a purchase just yet. I must admit, the rigidity made me nervous, but by the sounds of your experiences, it's less intimidating in real life! MissE23, what's the best way to warm/cool one? I'm pretty clueless with glass. Thanks for your input, ladies. It's really appreciated!

No problem lj101

Love glass toys. I have the tracey cox dildo set and the juicer butt plug. Love them both icy cold - thinks it's the gasping shock as they're inserted when cold, that really gets me going. Really hoping to get more textured one to try next :)

Terri JJ wrote:

Love glass toys. I have the tracey cox dildo set and the juicer butt plug. Love them both icy cold - thinks it's the gasping shock as they're inserted when cold, that really gets me going. Really hoping to get more textured one to try next :)

There's been 99% high praise for glass since I asked. Really grateful to hear your experiences Terri JJ! I'm almost certain I've been missing out, now! Lol

Seconding, or thirding or fourthing, I'm not sure, the love for the double ended textured dildo. It was an impulse purchase for me when I was going for the 2 for £30 deal, and I almost didn't go for it, but it's goooood.

So far I've found chilling them makes them just too cold for me, it kinda makes me ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) not in a good way, BUT I love the feeling of the cold you get when they just haven't warmed up yet, and suspect I might be more up for the cold if I had a partner egging me on.

I'm a newbie to glass but a very enthusiastic convert. Love playing with them, and really love how easy and worry free they are to clean.

Thank you your input lindtchilli. How did you find the rigidity of the glass? I think that's my main hesitation

I can understand that, it was my major concern, also. I was going through the listings looking for the most slender ones for this reason!!! Also, I'm fairly tight/narrow down below, so it was a definite worry for me.

To my surprise, I've found it hasn't been much of an issue. I think the curved dildos are more user friendly in this respect because obviously the shape is deliberately trying to match your body, but because the glass is so smooth and slippery even without lube, it's really surprisingly user friendly. A looooong time ago when the first version of the Happy Rabbit came out, I tried it when it was on offer, and no amount of lube or being turned on or anything was going to make that sucker get on with me. By contrast, a glass dildo of the same circumference might require me to be turned on but really isn't an issue.

Like I say, I'm new to glass, but so far I've been surprised at how well I get on with it, and how easy and pleasurable it's been to use. In general I'd say the curved ones are easiest, and there's more room for error, for want of a better word, but I'm also a big fan of the nubbly glass dildo which is entirely straight. And of course, if all else fails, you can return them if you really can't get on with them. But I've been really impressed with the quality of the LH range, and pleasantly surprised just how well I've got on with them. Give it a go, I really think it's worth taking the leap!

I have five glass dildos now, the glass G spot stickler one I got from here, is amazing, its not so OMG on the size, rather sleek, in caomparsion to the sensual beaded dildo I have, though both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am after the blue icicles one, (forgot the number) Glass toys look great, in my own personal opinion, there is something about them, that...well glass has class

The only down side is that the glass toys do not have much give and flex to them, very rigid etc, which is to be expected from such a material. I am awarle that, some people are put of by glass, due to the fear of them shattering and breaking, when used.

Chance of this is very minimal, as they are all tested, but I would not be buying one from well known bidding sites, due to the hype and amount of fakes faulty sexy toys there are on the market via such sites. This is why I purchase all of my toys from LH, :) you know what you are getting etc

I definitely think with glass it's worth paying the extra for peace of mind. You definitely don't want to sacrifice safety considerations when you're buying glass that's intended for personal use!

Love glass and chilling or warming it got one smooth dildo... one double ended textured dildo and a gorgeous glass butt juicer
All exquisite xx

Total glass addict here... I've gone a bit over the top on them and probably have a dozen or so! All very different but there isn't really any of them I don't love. I find the really textured ones need you to be quite turned on before you start, but from a cold start nothing beats smooth cold glass that gradually heats up at the same time as you do!

My favourite glass toy is this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29223 but I also have this set http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17187

I love the texture of glass and the temperature play is great fun. The nubby one is also great for using for massage, roll it over legs, shoulders, back and the nubs feel great on the skin. A great stress reliever however you use it.

I just got the Tracey Cox glass set and OMG the the pink dildo in that is incredible! I think it's the same as the FSOG one.

I feel like the odd one out though, cold glass does nothing except make me feel numb! I much prefer to soak mine in warm water before using it, it feels amazing. Although the feeling of glass being neither cooled or heated is quite nice, especially as it warms up to body temperature.

Does anyone use their glass dildos for massaging? I keep hearing that they're partially designed for that but wondered if it's something people actually do. I've used one of mine to rub my shoulders once and it felt really nice, but I can't imagine my partner being too impressed if I whipped out a dildo to rub all over him :p

Seems like I should invest in a glass toy next everyone seems to think they are great!!

I have lots of glass all different shapes sizes & textures all dependent on my mood which I fancy . I love this unfortunleyy LH doesn't sell it anymore http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24235 its my go to glass I love it cold. But I love this as its shorter fatter & has texture http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12036 . Glass is my all time favourite toy

Boogaloo, the only time I tried actually chilling one (as opposed to the regular cool-ish feel of glass that hasn't been warmed), I felt like my body went "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THAT NOOOOOO. I don't know if I'd feel differently (suspect I might) if it was being used on me by someone else, but I feel you!

I like how it gradually warms to body temp, and also how if you're moving it, you get the contrast between the warmest bits that have been inside you, and the cooler glass where it hasn't. So far though, my ladybits do not appreciate actual cold!

I was too tempted when the TC ones were on DOTD, but they were a good purchase so I now just have to not buy anything else for...ever... LOL.

Anywaym recent but enthusiastic fan of glass, and I suggest to anyone to give it a go!

Pro - very easy you sterilise!!! You can clean them with boiling water ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

So, I went for it. Bought the double ended textured glass dildo. Waiting on its arrival (should be tomorrow!!) I'm so excited. I will be sure to post my review.

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm grateful to have you all to talk to!!