Going braless

Hello everyone! This is my first post so I hope I've put this question in the correct category!

For the past few years I've had real difficulties getting measured for a bra that actually fits. So, I started wearing bralettes, and I would never go back to wearing proper bras again! But recently I've been feeling really sexually driven and it's given me this boost of confidence and thought I could just go completely braless. It makes me feel so much more attractive and they look much perkier. However, I get a bit anxious and I sometimes feel like I should be wearing some support, although I really don't want to!

So please could any lovely braless people out there give some advice/words of wisdom to a newbie?

Thanks!

EMBRACE IT! It's a wonderful feeling if you don't need the support.

I occasionally go braless with certain tops and dresses. If I'm ever worried about nip slip, I wear nipple pasties to make me feel more confident.

1 Like

Yes, wot Rebecca said ^^

I, like you InkedPetite, have completely converted to soft bralettes in the last couple of years and haven't looked back since. 

In summer I also like to go braless when I can, especially with particular dresses. For me, it has to be an outfit where I don't feel like my boobs are swinging all over the place, or where I feel my nipples will be constantly poking through my top, but that's just a personal preference. 

Long story short is, don't feel anxious about it! There is no reason you "should" wear a bra anyway, let alone if you feel better about yourself without one. My mantra is if it makes you feel crap, don't do it! So if bras are having a negative impact on your self-worth, get rid, I say!

And believe me, it'll only feel weird the first little while. As soon as you get into it, you'll soon get used to the sensation of being braless and won't even think twice about it. 

FREE THE BOOOOOOOB! 

1 Like

I don't wear one myself my man boobs just wouldn't look good. My late wife hated wearing bras and to be honest in this modern world if you don't like wearing a bra just don't .

Lovehoney - Rebecca wrote:

EMBRACE IT! It's a wonderful feeling if you don't need the support.

I occasionally go braless with certain tops and dresses. If I'm ever worried about nip slip, I wear nipple pasties to make me feel more confident.

I never thought about nipple pasties, that's a really good point! Thank you for the advice :D

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Yes, wot Rebecca said ^^

I, like you InkedPetite, have completely converted to soft bralettes in the last couple of years and haven't looked back since.

In summer I also like to go braless when I can, especially with particular dresses. For me, it has to be an outfit where I don't feel like my boobs are swinging all over the place, or where I feel my nipples will be constantly poking through my top, but that's just a personal preference.

Long story short is, don't feel anxious about it! There is no reason you "should" wear a bra anyway, let alone if you feel better about yourself without one. My mantra is if it makes you feel crap, don't do it! So if bras are having a negative impact on your self-worth, get rid, I say!

And believe me, it'll only feel weird the first little while. As soon as you get into it, you'll soon get used to the sensation of being braless and won't even think twice about it.

FREE THE BOOOOOOOB!

I'm definitely looking forward to the summer then. I can imagine the lack of boob sweat is great! It's kinda weird that I like my nipples poking through (at least around the house), as long as my family don't notice too much at least haha! That's a great mantra! :) Thank you! Yes definitely FREE THE BOOB!

P H wrote:

I don't wear one myself my man boobs just wouldn't look good. My late wife hated wearing bras and to be honest in this modern world if you don't like wearing a bra just don't .

Yes! They're so restricting and they don't look great on me either to be honest! I hope more people say no to bras in the near future! Thanks :)

Hi and welcome to the forums. I use to go braless alot r ill my last baby. After him my poor 38c boobs are heading south (daym gravity) like lovehoney Rebecca said nipple pasties are a god send. Well they were for me as I've never sticky out nipples and would get the are you cold. Or u pointing me in Direction quotes 🤦‍♀️ so thankfully these stopped that.

I think it's brilliant going braless and I'm sure I read somewhere that it's best for your boobs too. I do sometimes brave the braless if the clothes have a hidden support. The feeling is amazing.

If it feels good for you then do it. Your not hurting anyone and it's your body if people don't like what they see then they can turn their head another way. Enjoy your free hanging boobies 🍈🍈

As someone who has been going completely braless for probably about 4 years, I can 100% recommend it!

I got sick of the rubbing and restricted feeling around my chest and having fairly small boobs (I would guess they are roughly B cups) made me wonder if there was really much point in wearing one at all. I decided I'd had enough and with the encouragement of my boyfriend, I stopped bothering with them completely and have never looked back.
I do own a few bras that would probably still fit me and I held onto them in case there was ever an outfit that I felt a bra would improve the look of but on the occasion this has happened, I've tried one on and immediately been so aggravated by the feeling that it's come off again in 5 minutes and I'll end up going without as usual!
If my boobs ever feel sore due to hormones I will wear a soft bralette to give a little support and padding.
I've never been bothered if people notice the lack of bra through my clothes, especially as my nipples don't errect very easily anyway but even if they do it's natural and nothing to be self conscious about. However if it is something you are concerned about you could invest in nipples pasties as someone already mentioned.
Enjoy and embrace the feeling of braless-ness! 😀

1 Like

If I could, I would! DD and very obvious nipples tend to attract a lot of attention that I'm not really fond of, so a heavily (major poke through on minimally padded) padded bra for me it is.

At home I tend to wear those fugly pull-on bras that give me a mono-boob. I have very cystic breasts that are painful for most of my cycle and unnecessary movement triggers it. I have to wear the unpadded ones for bed one week a month, just to stop the pain. As ugly as they are, they are the best invention ever for me.

But I'd still rather go without if I could.

Tazzy84red, I agree, damn gravity! That's true it's not hurting anyone :)

Cheekyginge, thats great you were encouraged by your boyfriend, it's nice to have some encouragement when you're starting :)

VR, that sounds awfully painful. And wearing support during the night sounds horrible too!

Wow, thanks guys! I'm completely overwhemed by all your support (no pun intended!) What an amazing little community!

1 Like

Alicia4Ever wrote:

This is something I have been thinking of, as a trans woman about to start her hormones. At the moment I have to wear a bra, to carry all the padding I need to look like I have at least got some boobs.

And I hate it, but it's because I haven't developed my boobs yet, I can't wait for them to start growing. But I have no idea how big I will get, it goes on family, and my gran was like a H or something, so big boobs run in the family. I had been wondering if not wearing a bra would encourage them to go south more quickly; especially as I'm in my 50's, your skin looses it's strength at my age. So I didn't want to go straight to saggy boobs, as soon as I got them; It would be nice to have lovely pert ones, for a while.

Plus I kind of like the idea of going braless, I won't have the nipple problem, but I kind of wish that I would have, as it would help me feel better about my transition, to have nipples that a more like a typical womans. But at least I will have real boobs; I suppose not many get the body they would want, even when nature gives it out.

There might be some exercises that can help? I've read about some yoga routines that firm them up and stop sagging :) good luck!

I have often wondered about going bra less but after 2 children I don't think I could be confident enough since gravity has taken its toll. =[ but bralets might be a way to go!

Alicia4Ever wrote:

This is something I have been thinking of, as a trans woman about to start her hormones. At the moment I have to wear a bra, to carry all the padding I need to look like I have at least got some boobs.

And I hate it, but it's because I haven't developed my boobs yet, I can't wait for them to start growing. But I have no idea how big I will get, it goes on family, and my gran was like a H or something, so big boobs run in the family. I had been wondering if not wearing a bra would encourage them to go south more quickly; especially as I'm in my 50's, your skin looses it's strength at my age. So I didn't want to go straight to saggy boobs, as soon as I got them; It would be nice to have lovely pert ones, for a while.

Plus I kind of like the idea of going braless, I won't have the nipple problem, but I kind of wish that I would have, as it would help me feel better about my transition, to have nipples that a more like a typical womans. But at least I will have real boobs; I suppose not many get the body they would want, even when nature gives it out.

Could you try nipple suckers? Lovehoney sells quite a few.

Years ago I remember my sister using the heavy-duty ones you can get from maternity shops as she wanted to breast feed but had inverted nipples. She used them a few weeks and the difference was remarkable.

Good luck.

I stopped wearing a bra about 3 years ago. I've still got some but just never wear them. I was a 32B so didn't really need a bra and would always take it off as soon as I got home.

I feel free and my my tits seem more perky than when I wore bras. My sis has stopped wearing them too and has said the same.

Ive got pierced nips so have to think about what I'm wearing at work etc so they don't show but the rest of the time I don't care. In fact I quite like it when they show:)

1 Like

I wear a lot of those tank tops with the extra fabric layer / shelf bra with a thin layer of elastic band a lot of the time when I want to take a break from bras. I love them in the summer because it is not super hot to wear but I have some support.

1 Like

Vanessa8 wrote:

I wear a lot of those tank tops with the extra fabric layer / shelf bra with a thin layer of elastic band a lot of the time when I want to take a break from bras. I love them in the summer because it is not super hot to wear but I have some support.

I wear those a lot too. They're fab.

I am a man but as far as I'm concerned if you want to go brakes do it . Do it even when you get older if they start to go south. I have started to change my underwear recently so why not you

1 Like

I think if your comfortable then do what you need to do...bras are there for support, if you don’t need one, don’t wear one. If you do need one, get measured regularly and get bras that make you feel good about yourself!

I have to wear a bra … sadly mine fall off if I don’t … :man_shrugging:… just saying

R xx

3 Likes