Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night (Apr15-Jan17)

Oh Lord, what a day... In the morning, I just started with my own proofreading work (this term, I have no uni lectures on Mondays) but just after 9am, I received an "SOS" call from my mum; she works in the archives in my hometown and while most of the researchers that come there are either Czechs (or Germans - loads of German materials over here as well) who can deal with the stuff they want to study, from time to time a foreigner (who needs more help than the folks at the archives are capable of providing - while the employees are generally good at medieval German and Latin, they are not really able to deal with anyone from English-speaking countries) shows up.

Today, it was an associate professor from the University of Nottingham - so mum called me and ask me to come over and try to help the lady - she was after local newspapers from 1939, searching for some Czech-German relations info from the year when the German pre/WW2 occupation started. Let's say that I spent 8 hours (virtually non-stop speaking job for me) translating the articles to her and trying to explain some facts from the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia era... Instead of doing my own work (guess that I will have to catch up with everything tomorrow). My throat feels raw (towards the end, I started babbling a bit, too) and I am pretty tired... What a crazy day...

I hope all of you have had at least a moderately pleasant Monday!

Morning all .. Just a flying visit ... Been so busy with one thing and another .. Hope your all well .x

Morning all :)

I'm grumpy today. Didn't get to sleep until 4am then at 7:30am I was woken up by builders setting up scaffolding outside my bedroom window (!!), apparently to work on next doors house. Lots and lots of banging, and they've also put their radio right outside my window which is playing terrible chart music ughhhh nooooo go away!! :(

Morning everyone, hope the sun is shining for you.

Boogaloo I think you need to invest in some ear plugs for a while :(

Classy-L make sure you take a break from everything to chill out.

Im just laying in bed while the OH makes me some breakfast mmmmmmm and things seem to be moving along nicely with the house move and not much more to plan for the wedding at all! Eeeeek

Today I'm at work but appart from the odd job I've not much on so trying to do as much walking as I can in this lovely weather we have been having.

Oh but I've had really tender boobies the past few days, don't normally get this. Hmmmmm. Sorry if that was tmi.

Morning everyone :) xx

Morning all.

Good morning everyone. Have a smashing day. Off to the builders merchant, again. More "stuff" needed.

Scorpius12 wrote:

Feeling any better today Scorps ?

jimbogemini wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

*whispers* I think things may be on the turn today - but I don't want it to hear me in case it turns arounds and starts to come back - lol. How are you today Hun? xx

Morning dark, how did your meeting go yesterday? xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

jimbogemini wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

*whispers* I think things may be on the turn today - but I don't want it to hear me in case it turns arounds and starts to come back - lol. How are you today Hun? xx

Returns a gentle, quiet hug. Fine ta. Got loads to do, outside and in. Should really get cracking. Have a smashing day. X

Morning everyone :-) Happy Tuesday!

Feeling ill and scared.

ever since my late teens ive suffered from frequent utis but usually they just pass. I havent had one for about 8 months (a real record for me) and today im feeling awful after waking up with one.

My last one was really bad. I was at work and got the first symptom. Within 2 hours i was doubled over in pain and sent home.at home i developed a temperature and was really unwell so hubby made appt with out of hours gp. By the time i got there i was weeing just blood and was in a lot of pain when the nurse examined me. They ummed and ahhed about keeping me in but because im young and had someone with me i was allowed home so long as i took antibiotics and drank as much water as they told me to.

A few days later i had to report back with my gp and his response was that if i had another one like that he was going to refer me for further tests and thats petrified me.

Im just scared it will get worse and i dont want to end up in hospital or being tested. Plus i have the added stress that i dont know what to do about work. Ideally i would be home resting and drinking but im too scared to ring in ill.

Sorry for the downer, again, but im sat here alone fretting and dont know what to do and theres no-one to vent to.

So sorry to hear that JM88. 'Further tests' are never something to look forward to and they could possibly lead to something less-than-pleasant, but if the alternative is to suffer like this for possibly the rest of your life maybe you just need to bite the bullet. I really hope it works out for you.

I was going to come on and complain about my root canal, but you've put things into perspective!

Scorpius12 wrote:

Morning dark, how did your meeting go yesterday? xx

Morning scorps, It's actually today at 2.15, so right now i'm trying to relax as much as I can.

Sunshine> Yes, it was a crazy day! And yep, it is me, though this is probably the only area of my body that could be considered at least remotely attractive ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

Sorry to hear about your health issues, JM88, I really hope the results discover only something that is really easily treatable. I hope you get fine soon!

JM88 wrote:

Feeling ill and scared.

ever since my late teens ive suffered from frequent utis but usually they just pass. I havent had one for about 8 months (a real record for me) and today im feeling awful after waking up with one.

My last one was really bad. I was at work and got the first symptom. Within 2 hours i was doubled over in pain and sent home.at home i developed a temperature and was really unwell so hubby made appt with out of hours gp. By the time i got there i was weeing just blood and was in a lot of pain when the nurse examined me. They ummed and ahhed about keeping me in but because im young and had someone with me i was allowed home so long as i took antibiotics and drank as much water as they told me to.

A few days later i had to report back with my gp and his response was that if i had another one like that he was going to refer me for further tests and thats petrified me.

Im just scared it will get worse and i dont want to end up in hospital or being tested. Plus i have the added stress that i dont know what to do about work. Ideally i would be home resting and drinking but im too scared to ring in ill.

Sorry for the downer, again, but im sat here alone fretting and dont know what to do and theres no-one to vent to.

Hi JM. I've been down this road and it is worrying but trust your GP and the Urologists. The tests are no big deal and will reveal the problem which may or may not need treatment. Best find out as soon as. Good luck and all the best. Try not to worry yourself unduly.

I have  tea Sine, no doughnuts sadly.

Hi all .....hope everyone is ok . I've not been on here for a few days ...tryin to keep my time on here down ...was getting ridiculous . Anyway I'm in work atm ...so have a great day all x

Cheers Sine , glad I'm not the only one ....tbh ( and don't tell anyone else i said this ) , i was getting bored of it ......but Ssshhhhh ;-) . Have a nice day :-)