Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night (Feb10-Aug10)

Evening everyone. My god... I go away for a few hours and you are on part 5! x

Cakes and orgasms,you can't get better than that!
I'm good thanks,gone a whole month without a cigarette so feeling a little proud of myself!
Sorry,I must of missed some of your posts,not usually up this late,start work early in the week. If you don't mind me asking,what op have you had? x

mbtoo wrote:

I'm good thanks,gone a whole month without a cigarette so feeling a little proud of myself!
Sorry,I must of missed some of your posts,not usually up this late,start work early in the week. If you don't mind me asking,what op have you had? x

Congratulations on being smoke free mbtoo that sounds like good going.

I had a spinal fusion and a costoplasty (the latter is where one side of my ribs were cut in half and swung around to be glued back on)

Basically I had scoliosis and now I have over 12 inches of metal rods in me (there's a joke in there but I won't cheapen myself) It's the best and hardest thing I've ever done and now I'm beautifully straight and feel amazing. Still have all my flexibility too. I'm a few inches taller as well! I was very lucky to have one of the top surgeons in the world to look after me though.

They have to unzip you at the back so I have a scar that I'm very attached to. It's been a hell of a journey. x

Hey everyone.

Who's about?

sweetlove666 wrote:

hello all how is everyone

after being incredibly insulting to me my sister now asks that i go and look after her hammies for a long weekend when they sodd off to centreparks! lifes not fair sometimes. but at least i get to see the little sweet hamsters again :)

Good luck sweetlove I wouldn't be trusted with a plant. x

Wow Tigerlillies sounds like you have been through a rough time, nice to hear you are on the mend.

mb well done on the giving up smoking, it's not easy to do. I really need to give up again.

Hey Peachy, how are you?

Tigerlilies wrote:

mbtoo wrote:

Congratulations on being smoke free mbtoo that sounds like good going.

I had a spinal fusion and a costoplasty (the latter is where one side of my ribs were cut in half and swung around to be glued back on)

Basically I had scoliosis and now I have over 12 inches of metal rods in me (there's a joke in there but I won't cheapen myself) It's the best and hardest thing I've ever done and now I'm beautifully straight and feel amazing. Still have all my flexibility too. I'm a few inches taller as well! I was very lucky to have one of the top surgeons in the world to look after me though.

They have to unzip you at the back so I have a scar that I'm very attached to. It's been a hell of a journey. x

External Media Gulp.

I was going to cheapen you for you with a joke!... then I read on and wikipedia'ed scoliosis... Wow....

Glad you feel so much better! My dad has a 'bionic' hip that now works better than his real one so you might have a better spine than all us!

It does seem a real journey from my rather rubbish research... so well done for coming though it in such a good frame of mind!External Media I'd like to commend you more... but usually end up offending people at some point so I'll just say well done again and wish your back all the best! External Media

Thanks Peachy, the pneumonia I got afterwards was harder than the surgery. Not recommended!

Well done on posting your first story by the way. x

Thanks Peachy, the pneumonia I got afterwards was harder than the surgery. Not recommended!

Well done on posting your first story by the way. x

Oh knickers, double post again. Sorry Love Bot.

Believe it or not tigerlilies,i have very mild scoliosis. Always had a bad back as a kid but was only discovered when i had a herniated disc. Hope everything continues well after your operation.

Hi Peachy and SLM,you both good?

I'm fine thank you for asking. Yourself?

I am rather bored just now.

mbtoo wrote:

Believe it or not tigerlilies,i have very mild scoliosis. Always had a bad back as a kid but was only discovered when i had a herniated disc. Hope everything continues well after your operation.

Hi Peachy and SLM,you both good?

Hey mbtoo, glad you're ok and thank for wishing me well. You're never more than 50 ft from a Scoli it seems.

WandA wrote:

It does seem a real journey from my rather rubbish research... so well done for coming though it in such a good frame of mind!External Media I'd like to commend you more... but usually end up offending people at some point so I'll just say well done again and wish your back all the best! External Media

Don't apologise WandA that's very sweet of you. This wouldn't have happened to me if I hadn't the meddle to get through. And now I'm made of meddle ;)

I wish I could say I stick fridge magnets to my back but unfortunately the screws and rods are not magnetic.

Not too bad here thanks mb, just chilling, think I might go to bed soonish, quite tired, been a long day! x

Tigerlilies wrote:

Don't apologise WandA that's very sweet of you. This wouldn't have happened to me if I hadn't the meddle to get through. And now I'm made of meddle ;)

I wish I could say I stick fridge magnets to my back but unfortunately the screws and rods are not magnetic.

Should asked for implantable LEDs or cool mechanical piston sounds when you walk! Bugger... knew I'd spoil it External Media

It does sound like you have tried with the fridge magnets.... I remember reading about people having magnetic implants in their fingers so they could sense electricity and metal! WOW! Except the silicone popped and it made their fingers almost drop off... Swings and roundabouts (are probably not a good idea with magnetic fingers).

I was just trying to text "don't panic" to my mum - but a combination of my bad spelling and predictive text tomfoolery meant i actually text her "Don't Wanga!!!!!"

Just thought i'd share that lovely tidbit of fail with you guys. XD

Tigerlilies wrote:

Congrats on getting through it and keeping positive! All the best with your continuing recovery External Media

Well done on the smoke free month too mbtoo!

Quick hello and bye bye to everyone who's around - heading for a little lie down, not feeling too good and want to be feeling lots better by the time WandA gets out of the bath in an hour or so External Media External Media

Keep well everyone

Ax

Evening folks!

Just got home from panto rehearsal and am currently watching Eastenders recorded from earlier before I go to bed.

Kitty_McPlunder wrote:

I was just trying to text "don't panic" to my mum - but a combination of my bad spelling and predictive text tomfoolery meant i actually text her "Don't Wanga!!!!!"

Just thought i'd share that lovely tidbit of fail with you guys. XD

Haha - love it! That's something I would do!

Ax

Thank you AdnaW and hope you feel more fabulous later on!

I'm reading an article about a drug to help men with curved penises straighten out. It causes impotence too. Swing-and-a-miss.