Good news

For the last 3 weeks my sex life has been largely on hold (apart from helping my wife come frequently) as I have had symptoms of what I hoped was a UTI but the doctors saw as a trigger to have me tested for possible cancer.

I was taken under the 2 week rule and the NHS was as efficient as they always are for serious cases. I have had a CT scan and this morning a Cystoscopy and I have been given the all clear from both. I am cancer free but I did have a UTI which has been treated by antibiotics.

Not surprisingly we are both very relieved and happy and are planning a sexual celebration tomorrow when we donā€™t have the grandkids.

On a slightly embarrassing note (for her) the nurse who painted my genitalia with iodine prior to the Cystoscopy was someone thai I used to teach.

36 Likes

Fab news, i will advise you to drink plenty of fluids after your Cystoscopy as they leave you peeing razors. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s brilliant news on the diagnosis of being Cancer free :kissing_heart: @rockstar ling may it continue canā€™t give an opinion on the painting of your privateā€™s by someone you taught lol lucky them lol :+1:

2 Likes

Good newsā€¦ Party

2 Likes

Its nice to hear some good news. All around us at the moment are people suffering with cancer. Congratulations and enjoy the weekend you deserve it. @rockstar

2 Likes

Small world :rofl:

Excellent news on the lack of cancer though :+1:t2:

1 Like

Excellent news @rockstar.
Keep rocking on :+1: :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing news @rockstar im so happy for you :blush:

1 Like

Fantastic new. :hugs:. Enjoy your celebrations.

1 Like

Great news and well done the NHS. Enjoy tonight.

2 Likes

@rockstar

Very happy to hear that.

Ms.Anony is going through the 12 week waiting period for ANA consecutive blood tests to find out what type of SARD and or cancer(s) she has. On both sides of her family AutoImmune Diseases like Lupus, Scleroderma etcā€¦and cancers like Bone/Blood/Pancreatic Cancers are extremely high occurrence rates. All of the bloodwork sheā€™s had return positive indicate a SARD and or associated cancers that happen after the SARD is determined.

Sheā€™s tested positive for Anti - Nuclear Antigens and dsDnaā€™s that can mean a number of life altering ā€¦Not fun diagnoses and Cancers.

To be honest Iā€™m terrified for her. So I can certainly empathize with your situation and am sure youā€™re relieved. Iā€™m very happy to hear your good news and Iā€™m sure you feel like you can ā€œbreathe again,ā€ finally.

Thanks. My main concern through all this, as with yourself, was for my wife who has Parkinsons. I was more worried about how she would be able to cope without me rather than for my own health.

5 Likes

I am really pleased at this outcome. Wishing you all good things for the future

Oh happy days!! Iā€™m so pleased for you and also relieved it wasnā€™t anything sinister :clap:
Did make me giggle though to read the nurse was on of your old students :joy:

Especially since Iā€™m now fully shaved below the waist.

Excellent newsā€‹:clap::clap::clap:
Though I did chuckle about the last bit about the student,small world eh :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear that about your partner. I can completely understand why you would be concerned about her as much or more as you would be about yourself in that situation. I donā€™t have the same situation, but I have seen the stresses that can cause, and all I can say is I can empathize. Your approach to your situation shows what a selfless individual you are, and the dedication you have to your partner. Youā€™ve given me a chance at good news for someone and I am glad to hear it and appreciate it.

Iā€™m struggling a little at this point to deal with the anxiety of the unknown, but highly indicatedā€¦and keeping her from feeling it. So your post this morning felt like a sign in a weird way to talk to someone about it. Which I havenā€™t done with anyone other than my mother and someone who doesnā€™t know us personally.

Iā€™m good at research, but with her symptomatology and the bloodwork results we have so far they donā€™t look promising.
I donā€™t have the heart to tell her that the the rate of ā€œfalse positives,ā€ are a diminishing return and at this point thereā€™s only a 3% chance she has a false positive currently. I just keep telling her we donā€™t know anything until we have more test results and an official diagnosis from a doctor, not from her research or mine. To put it out of her mind, and quit trying to self diagnose something that went undiagnosed and honestly unbelieved for 38 years of her life in spite of all the symptomatology over the years. She was actually diagnosed as a hypochondriac, until we went in together and enough information was verified by someone other than her to get the right blood work run sadly.

On that note, Iā€™m sorry for posting this in your thread. It just kind of blurted itself out, in spite of a backspace key, apparently. I guess I just needed to talk to someone that could empathize, and didnā€™t want to make a post about it in its own thread until I had a concrete diagnosis for her. Youā€™re an inspiration, and youā€™ve kind of given me reassurance in an unexpected way that there is hope and the struggles of worrying more about the other person is the right approach to take. Which is clearly more obvious in Ms.Anonyā€™s case than yours. And again, Iā€™m glad to hear about your results and hope you can breathe more easily now.

Wonderful news @rockstar hope you have a great, hot and sticky time xxx

1 Like

wonderful news

I also had my sack painted many years ago before my snip - the nurse who did it was the best looking woman i had seen in ages and i had to everything to avoid an unwanted erectionā€¦ :yum:

2 Likes

Im so sorry for you in your situation. It was much the same with us. It was obvious to myself and our friends that she had the symptoms of Parkinsons but we had to remain optimistic for her sake until it was confirmed.

1 Like