Healthy bodies for good sex lives!

I have just been cleared for breast cancer after I found a lump in my right breast and the though occured to me that people are just not self awear enough, I felt so bad when I came accros this lump because I hadnt checked my breast for a while.

I was looking online and realised this is the norm for most woman, they dont check then one day they find a lump that could have been there for years and they wouldnt have known, mine turned out to be nothing but this isnt always the case.

There is this fabulous invention out called Breast sence breast self-Examination glove that helps woman check their breast but as with most things some woman are too shy or embarassed to buy them in public, I bought one today and it is a very sweet little kit with a instructional DVD and leaflet also a little bag to put it in.

The whole point of this thread is I was wondering if Love Honey would consider selling anything of the sort?

Or if anyone else thinks its a good idea to have it sold on a site like this, and instead of just having it on the site to buy, maybe put it as an advised thing or like when someone orders something have it as "you may be intresed in this "

Any way thats my thoughts please give any of yours good or bad

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sex-talk/21140-new-out-for-october-breast-cancer-awareness/

So pleased that you're healthy again Laynie. I had a scare myself a while back and it's such a frightening thing for so many reasons. Thanks for highlighting a common problem amongst us girls. I'm obviously very breast aware now and have learned to listen to my body and keep pestering doctors etc when I feel something isn't right.

I think some sort of kit to help self-examination is a great idea, especially if it's attractive and not clinical. Olivia Newton-John was promoting something similar a while back, is it the same thing do you know?

It seems so weird that we are all so open on this site and yet when it comes to stuff like breast exams, smears, std tests etc everyone becomes very reticent and scared of the unknown. If we know how our bodies are when everything is normal then it becomes so much quicker and easier to suss out when something is wrong. These bodies have to last us a long time and with us OA folk putting them through such strenuous activities it's even more important we keep them in good condition!!

Good point well made Laynie, it's a great idea.

Good I hope you're ok and the tests etc weren't too bad. I also have a lump, but have done since childhood. It took a bf when I was 17 to say uh have you ever checked that?! I agree with the kits, they would be a good idea.

hey laynie, glad to know your ok now, missed you loads on here! I think the kit is a great idea, if you cant get them on lh where can you get them? i really should check myself more, my auntie battled for 15 years with breast cancer, ever time she went into remission it came back, so knowing that as of today i will check more often

I also am very glad your OK laynie. It's an awful thing to have happen to any woman, scare or not, and I think your idea is great and well pointed out. I never really feel my own breast that often but do at times but not properly. My OH does a lot but I dont think he would know what he was looking for. I have heard of the glove and I would definetly buy one and like you said I find buying online more discreet and Im more likely to buy it online than go to boots and get one.

Thanks Carly You Rock !!

sexymel88 wrote:

hey laynie, glad to know your ok now, missed you loads on here! I think the kit is a great idea, if you cant get them on lh where can you get them? i really should check myself more, my auntie battled for 15 years with breast cancer, ever time she went into remission it came back, so knowing that as of today i will check more often

I got mine from lloyds pharmacey but i have seen others in places like boots... sorry Lovey honey if this is an ad External Media I dont mean it to be External Media

Laynie im so glad it was nothing major hun,

and I think a section for home checking would be a great idea xx

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

It could be very well something we stock in the future! I think it would be nice to have, in the "sexual health" section, a bit on self testing - breast lumps, STD's, maybe even urinary tract infections and cystitis?

At the moment, Blushing Buyer are selling http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/product/210/breast-examination-products.htm.

Carly that is perfect and a nice price too, I love the idea of other testing kits too, so many people are too ashamed to even go to a doctor you know.. but if you can test your self and then if you have the STD you can seek further help with out the embassasment of tests to find out you didnt have the STD.

Although self testing is not a replacement for a doctor you can at least have some idea before you seek medical advice!

And thank you all for you suport on this issue, as I said my lump turned out to be nothing more than a lump, but these tools for checking can really save lives!

Littlebird makes a great point about OA folks bodies.. we do put them to the test, so lets make em stand the test of time.....And the kit I was talking about is actually just lloyds pharmaceys own brand...but still does the trick £5 not a lot to pay in the scheam of things!

Ive just got one on ebay for £3.97 and they have a few with fab feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120290533115

Laynie youve prompted me to get one, I found a Lump a couple of years ago that turned out to be swollen tissue and it frightened me so much that I dont check often now because I panic. I normally get the doctor to check me.

so Ive ordered one xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laynie, well done for raising such an important issue, and I'm glad your scare turned out to be nothing more than that.

I think the idea of a self testing section on LoveHoney is a great one. Not just for products, but perhaps an advice section as well? Reminder to girls on how to examine breasts, and for the boys, how to examine their testicles, etc. After all, we can't be reminded too often, and I think LH would do a fab job of persuading us all to keep our bods in tip-top condition!

yeah my best mate died of testicle cancer, they say it's 1-3 or something like that !!

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

It could be very well something we stock in the future! I think it would be nice to have, in the "sexual health" section, a bit on self testing - breast lumps, STD's, maybe even urinary tract infections and cystitis?

At the moment, Blushing Buyer are selling http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/product/210/breast-examination-products.htm.

Just been thinking about this a bit more (well done Laynie for getting my grey matter going!), and it strikes me that lots of us love this idea - this thread has certainly sparked some positive comments.

Carly, do you think you could gauge reaction to the idea of a self-testing/examination section through the weekly email? Perhaps LoveHoney could do a pair of blogs on the subject, one for the girls and one for the boys, publicise it through the weekly email, and see what feedback you get? That might help LH decide whether there is a market for this on the website....

Anyway, just a thought.

I really hope this is something we can have in the future, maybe even just to try it at first, do a trial run? Laynie you are a goddess for fetching this subject up and you deserve every happiness possible and i am really happy you were ok.

Well done to whirlybird for the ideas!

OMG Carly and Bonny and everyone else at L.H you so Rock !!

Good stuff, keep us posted LH

Boots.com New Launch

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

Our lovely product buyer http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/lovehoney-bonny/ has been on the phone all morning sourcing a whole range of testing products.

Not only do we want to provide you with the best http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/buyersguide.cfm?article=43 and paraben free http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9714, we also want to encourage safe sex and body awareness with self-testing kits, condoms and plenty of information!

Going to the doctors, GUM clinic or even the pharmacy shouldn't be an embarrassing thing, but in many cases it is! So anything we can do to make it easier, we'll look into! External Media

Carly this makes me so happy, I could not have dreamed this thread do so well...You guys at LH are so great at listening to us guys ! And I think the remiders on how to check your self be you man or gal! is a really great idea.