Help.....Mum is being nosey!

So I've just got a toy through from Lovehoney of the anal kind.

My mum is aware of the fact I test items and such but I know she is incredibly 'snobby' when it comes to certain aspects.

So I recieved my box yesterday and she's been asking me whats inside....I've told her I won't tell her whats in it.....the thing is she's nosey so I need an excuse or something thats she's not bothered about..........I've told her it's a vibrator but she obviously wants to see it or something but some things such as these anal beads I want to keep to myself as it's not her business what I use.................Man I need to get myself a place soon!:/.

Help....What do I do?

Hiya! Not much advice really but I'm in a similar situation. I haven't been working much due to illness but had a lot of parcels arrive containing testers from LH. She keeps having a go at me about spending so much money doing online shopping but I can't tell her that I'm not spending any money at all or she'll want to know what website I'm writing reviews for! She's very uptight about sex etc. and has never openly discussed it, there's no way I could tell her they're sex toy testers!

I've told her it's a vibrator but she obviously wants to see it maybe she wants one of her own ?

or you could buy a very large dildo and when its delivered you might leave it open for her to accidently find

well she wont snoop again ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I just tell my mum to stop being nosey and it's nothing to do with you lol.

I'm so glad I live alone with my OH. I don't think I would be able to purchase anything.

snapper wrote:

I've told her it's a vibrator but she obviously wants to see it maybe she wants one of her own ?

or you could buy a very large dildo and when its delivered you might leave it open for her to accidently find

She has her own, I think thats the problem, she's excited to see what I get because she'd like to be a tester but doesn't believe she'll do good enough reviews so just waits and sees what I get. I don't mind it, its just with toys like this especially knowin she full on frowns upon anal and stuff I just want to keep this a secret to myself. X

Grrrrr there's something goin wrong with my laptop, it keeps block quoting everything -_-

You could try the "You know mum, sometimes I find it a bit embarrsing when you ask about my 'work' items, a bit like you would feel if I came upon you in bed etc."

Hope this doesn't sound too rude but I'd tell her to mind her own business. It's one thing to take an interest but I think she's taking it too far . Surely she must sense that you're uncomfortable with this otherwise you'd have shown her straightaway .

Tell her to go through some LH reviews and just try to write one; even people who are not native English speakers (like myself) do that, after all... She'll do just fine...

wildflower wrote:

Hope this doesn't sound too rude but I'd tell her to mind her own business. It's one thing to take an interest but I think she's taking it too far . Surely she must sense that you're uncomfortable with this otherwise you'd have shown her straightaway .

Or if she persists and you reach breaking point go "okay mum, I've got someting to stick up my bum and I like it, you happy you asked now? "

Good luck 

I've told my mum I write reviews for Lovehoney. At the start she'd ask every now and again what I got and if it was something I didn't want to tell her I'd say condoms/lube/lingerie/massage stuff. She doesn't really ask anymore, but I don't live at home full time. She should definitely try writing reviews, and if you do get something you don't want to tell her about I think condoms or lube are boring enough that she won't ask more questions!

I have the same problem, I ordered some new knickers & she kept them until I told her what they were (I don't live with her but still get my mail sent to hers). She came up the other day & started going through my drawers & had a look through my rubbish bin, I have no idea what she is looking for, I tell her when I get an item & what it is.

I've asked why she feels the need to do this but she just causes an argument, she is a very nosey woman & will stop at nothing to find something, even when there is nothing to find!

MissNoir wrote:

I have the same problem, I ordered some new knickers & she kept them until I told her what they were (I don't live with her but still get my mail sent to hers). She came up the other day & started going through my drawers & had a look through my rubbish bin, I have no idea what she is looking for, I tell her when I get an item & what it is.

I've asked why she feels the need to do this but she just causes an argument, she is a very nosey woman & will stop at nothing to find something, even when there is nothing to find!

I think you should hide something really nasty in your bin for her to find! Seriously what is she looking for? Does no one respect privacy?

That's really awkward that she keeps asking. If you can, maybe just straight out tell her that you don't want to tell her about it. I think anyone would expect some degree of privacy from their mother about things like this, so hopefully she would understand if you tell her that you don't feel comfortable showing her and would rather keep this to yourself.

I can really empathise with your situation though. I never bought anything sex-related until moving out. Even when I'd buy new underwear when I lived at home, my mum would shame me about it and make it a sexual thing, so I felt far too embarrassed to buy anything more risque, let alone toys.

I hope that you're able to resolve this situation though. Just remember that you have no obligation to share any of this information with her even though she's your mother :) My mum always guilts me by being all "but I'm your mother - I thought we were close!" and it took me a long time to realise that being close doesn't mean having to share everything, and closeness should also be about being aware of personal privacy and understanding that everyone needs their own space and some secrets sometimes.

Btw, congrats on your tester item - I hope you have loads of fun with it! :) 

snapper wrote:

well she wont snoop again ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

To be honest, this kind of idea is a good one. Buy some items you won't use but will shock her. She will pester, or snoop. tell her it is just to winded her up and you are going to send it back you just wanted to prove a point. Then any further time she snoops or questions about a genuine item you can claim the same thing.

Or if you put in an order, say buy 3 items. Tell her about 1, keep the others in hand as such, to tell her they were delivered in place of an items you want to keep secret.

Never know wrote:

MissNoir wrote:

I think you should hide something really nasty in your bin for her to find! Seriously what is she looking for? Does no one respect privacy?

My thoughts exactly! I have no idea what she is looking for, I like your idea, I might put a few little 'surprises' in the bin for her to find next time she has a nosey XD Anyway, I know where to hide things I don't want anyone to find!

I understand you not wanting to tell her, but I think you obviously have a lovely relationship with your mum that you can talk about testing some items, if not all.

Thankfully I don't live with my parents, but like Miss Noir I do have some parcels delivered to her, don't think I would request a LH parcel to go there though. I'm lucky my mum wouldn't be nosey, she doesn't really mind not knowing what's being delivered but I generally do tell her and open the parcel at her house-hence letting LH be delivered to home, not a conversation for me & mum lol.

My dad knows the boxes LH stuff come in, and when my snake escaped and he was looking for it (helping since im disabled) he had to look in my toy drawer, so he's seen everything. He said to me the other day i've not had a tester for a while, its a shame even he notices :P

I was being pestered by a coupld of fmily members my nan and mom who both dont live with me had been discussing why i get so many parcels i then gave them both my website adress and showed my mom what was in my lastest deliver they havent pestered me since lol