Help! Satisfyer or Starlet?

Gran wrote:

I wonder if that change was made because so many people sent the very expensive Fifty Shades suction toy back and swapped it for a Starlet or a Pro2, even though they got it in the sale for far less. Lots of people have said they were disappointed with the Fifty Shades one.

I'm not sure. I did feel a bit naughty having got both of mine as an RRP swop. I think Customer Care were working off two different interpretations depending on who you spoke to as K&c30's said in the other thread that when he did it it was on the amount he'd paid and not the RRP.

I bet there's some people cursing me for bringing it up. I think my big mouth may have killed the golden goose...

Wow you got an RRP swap! Nice going. Could open up a bag of worms though for CC. I have only returned one item though and I was more than happy with the replacement.

K&c30's wrote:

Could open up a bag of worms though for CC.

In that case I think it's probably Gran's fault. 🤫

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

Thanks Gran.

I've sent my Fifty Shades back - I tried it on my hand before boxing it up and there was no suction at all. Now I'm wondering if it was faulty all along and not just me (though I could have sworn the suction was strong on my hand after I'd charged it up).

I put a note in the bag to try... the Starlet!

Anyone know if I should email Customer Services and let them know as well?

When I've done it before I used live chat to discuss what I could have as a replacement, and they've given me the okay and made a note on my account. As they'd done that bit they said I then didn't need to fill in the online returns form but I'd still need to pop a note in the box. Having them confirm what I could have as a swop made me feel more comfortable about it.

Leanne pointed out the other day that they've changed the wording of the Happiness Promise from, 'We will send you a replacement product of similar value free of charge' to 'We will send you a replacement product up to the value of what you spent free of charge'. Apparently it wasn't meant to be an RRP swop? She also said to contact Customer Care for more information.

This is the thread with Leanne's post in -

Hmm.. that's odd. I've always thought you had to chat to an agent first before sending it back?

I got a Happiness Promise declined the other week which was a little disappointing. I know it's at LH's discretion and all but I didn't know these guidelines they were going by even existed. It would be helpful for customers to see some criteria so they'll know what their chances are before starting the process.

They told me that you can only have one Happiness Promise per order. So if you bought 3 items in an order and you didn't like any of them you could only send back one. They also said if you've used it previously you can't use it again. I'm not sure if this means time wise (like in the same month or something) or as in the most previous order. It wasn't exactly clear. At least they gave me a refund for my temperamental bullet so it's not all sad.

I'm a bit weary now to buy anything else (especially anything pricey) in case I don't like it and can't swap it so I'm stuck with it. I hope I'm not on LH's "naughty list" or anything like that :{

I think (and bear in mind that I have not had the best track record on this so far) that they meant that you can't swop your toy out, not get on with the new one, and then swop again.

That's interesting that you can only have one per order. That would be frustrating if you'd ordered two expensive toys in one big order and they both didn't live up to the price tag.

It's good to know these things though, especially if you're in two minds about a pricey toy and the Happiness Promise was the swing vote.

Ian Chimp wrote:

I think (and bear in mind that I have not had the best track record on this so far) that they meant that you can't swop your toy out, not get on with the new one, and then swop again.

That's interesting that you can only have one per order. That would be frustrating if you'd ordered two expensive toys in one big order and they both didn't live up to the price tag.

It's good to know these things though, especially if you're in two minds about a pricey toy and the Happiness Promise was the swing vote.

Oh no, these were new toys I bought in the big sale. Although the agent did confirm that you can't exchange an exchanged item but I've never done this anyway.

Yeah, that would be frustrating. It's probably best to split expensive orders into separate ones for this reason but also it works out cheaper when you use the £20 for £40 discount if my maths is correct.

thank you Amy, Lu, and emerald. I'm definitely sold on the satisyer v the womanizer because it doesn't sound like it'd work for me needing intense stimulation and a quick release. I also got the trial version which did nothing for me. Was so excited to get to try a suction type toy but was yearning for so much more than what the one offers, maybe it's not as intense as the starlet being a 30 minute battery powered version? :)

The sona was what I originally planned to go for. Anyone who owns both the satisyer and sona please could you advise me which is their preference? :)

Sexi•Lexi💕 wrote:

thank you Amy, Lu, and emerald. I'm definitely sold on the satisyer v the womanizer because it doesn't sound like it'd work for me needing intense stimulation and a quick release. I also got the trial version which did nothing for me. Was so excited to get to try a suction type toy but was yearning for so much more than what the one offers, maybe it's not as intense as the starlet being a 30 minute battery powered version? :)

The sona was what I originally planned to go for. Anyone who owns both the satisyer and sona please could you advise me which is their preference? :)

I have the Sona and have had a Womanizer and Clitorizer. The Sona is a quality toy, but I found it noisy to the point of being off-putting. It also took me ages to finally get an orgasm out of it, yet all my other toys do it for me in a minute or two (not a stealth brag).

Have you thought of emailing Customer Care and asking if they'd be willing to swap one for the other if one didn't work for you?

First - I'm sorry if it was my fault the happiness promise wording got changed.

Second - what am I doing wrong with the Womaniser (which apparent can't swap, because it was already a swap) - the second time I used it (the first time was brilliant) I felt like I had cystitis for 24 hours afterwards. My clit is still a bit sore a week later. I am disappointed to say the least! I was so looking forward to suction bliss after the rubbish experience with the Fifty Shades one.

Any advice gratefully received xx

Gran wrote:

First - I'm sorry if it was my fault the happiness promise wording got changed.

I doubt they've changed it because of one person, so I wouldn't worry about that. 🙂

Gran wrote:

Second - what am I doing wrong with the Womaniser (which apparent can't swap, because it was already a swap) - the second time I used it (the first time was brilliant) I felt like I had cystitis for 24 hours afterwards. My clit is still a bit sore a week later. I am disappointed to say the least! I was so looking forward to suction bliss after the rubbish experience with the Fifty Shades one.

This is interesting. 🤔 I know on the larger models they have an XL nozzle option that seems to work better for those with more sensitive clits, but I'm not sure they fit the Starlet?

Did you use lube? And did you mainly use it on the highest setting? And how long did you use it for? I know you've mentioned before that you rarely climax so it's possible you could over-do it and not realise it.

If you work it out let me know, I'd be interested to know what the problem was.

VR thank you for your advice you've convinced me that the satisfyer is the only option to achieve my goal being the race to the finish line!

I did consider using the happiness thingy if it doesn't work out for me but it would feel wrong sending something back that wasn't faulty. so on that note I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it :)

gran, what mr chimp said comes to mind, using the toy for a long period of time therefore overdoing it but not realising until later. If that's the case maybe warm up with another toy then reach for the starlet when you're built up enough. Hoping that you get some joy hon :)

Sexi•Lexi💕 wrote:

I did consider using the happiness thingy if it doesn't work out for me but it would feel wrong sending something back that wasn't faulty. so on that note I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it :)

You shouldn't feel bad for using the Happiness Promise, that type of situation is exactly what it's there for. 🙂

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

maybe I’ll try the XL nozzles 🤔

I'm not sure they fit the Starlet? You should definitely check with Customer Care before you buy them.

Hey all I too had to return the fifty shades suction toy because it wasn’t right for my body. LH customer service were amazing (and the number one reason I buy ALL of my sexy things from them). When i wasn’t getting on with the FS toy I contacted them on the advice of Ian Chimp about the satisfaction guarantee. It was CS that suggested to try the womanizer or Satisfyer, even though they were currently priced much higher. After lots, and I mean lots, of research on different blogs and reviews etc I decided to go for the Satisfyer Pro 2. The reason I did this was because the head was recommended for those whose clit isn’t as prominent or sensitive as many others. I can absolutely recommend the Satisfyer Pro 2. Extremely quick, great sensations and at certain points the suction is to die for. If used it so much I’m surprised I haven’t sucked out a micro penis.

Oh, I meant to say Gran - it might be coincidence but I had cystitis last week and have a sore irritated clit area this week. I thot I’d scratched if too much tbh. Also when I first began using the Satisfyer I squirted and had the urge to wee within a few seconds of using it. I thot that maybe it was due to a different type of stimulation tho. Hope that helps :)

ugly.betty wrote:

When i wasn’t getting on with the FS toy I contacted them on the advice of Ian Chimp about the satisfaction guarantee. It was CS that suggested to try the womanizer or Satisfyer, even though they were currently priced much higher.

I'm glad it worked out for you. 👍🙂

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Thanks Ian, It’s possibly something I’m doing/ not doing that’s preventing me. A lot going on in my head space, sometimes it’s good and other times not so. I’ll def check with CC about the XL nozzles x

It seems there's now a couple of different size nozzles to fit the Starlet. They're labelled 'Small' and 'Medium' though so I'm not sure how they stack up against the 'XL' version you can get for the W100/W500. I also don't know what size comes as standard, so you may only be able to go smaller if the medium comes with the toy in the first place.

Medium - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40328

Small - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40327

Hope this is of interest. 🙂

It Appears that the Starlet comes with the "small" head. Taken from the description from the Starlet product page "Canal diameter: 0.6 inches" the medium heads are 0.9 inches.

I wondered where you'd magicked those numbers from, but I've now realised they're in the Full Description rather than the Specification tab. Good spot. 👍🙂

I still can't find the measurements for the W100/500 XL nozzles but the regular ones say they're 0.5 inch canals. So it wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption to think the XL ones are around the 0.9 inch mark of the Starlet medium, so the benifits/difference maybe comparable?

Well after you found the links for the replacement heads I thought I would see if I could get the additional info.... 🎶That's fucking teamwork🎶