Hey guys

Just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure chatting and getting to know some of you since I found this forum - think it’s a totally great idea to have a positive safe space where people can speak freely about sex and not have any worry about judgement, hostility or vitriol.

Unfortunately as I found in my notifications this morning, this is not the case here. Despite saying nothing illegal, abusive, offensive or in anyway inflammatory in one of my replies to a thread recalling a previous relationship, it seems someone has read one of my replies, deliberately misinterpreted or plain taken umbrage with it and has taken the time to complain.

Seeing as we are all grown adults here I can’t quite honestly believe that this is the case, especially considering this is the forum of a business that caters to sexual wellness. This policing and outrage then turns the forum from a place where all are welcome and can discuss openly and honestly, to a place where only the “right” views are tolerated and you can not speak openly and honestly. That’s totally judgemental, intolerant and cliquey, and not at all sex positive or inclusive.

As such this has left me disappointed, embarrassed and targeted, despite the reply not being illegal, abusive, offensive, likely to cause distress or otherwise inflammatory. If I can’t be my full authentic and honest self, discussing truthfully and openly in a safe space without fear of judgement or condescension then I’d rather be somewhere that is better suited to my needs and more inclusive and tolerant.

Thank you to everyone who I’ve chatted with over the last couple of days who have made me feel welcome it’s been a pleasure and I have enjoyed discussing with you and getting to know you.

(I’m a bit of a technophobe :joy::joy:so could someone please let me know how to either do it myself or alert the moderator as I wish to delete my account and remove my personal details from Love honeys systems, thanks in advance!)

2 Likes

Hi @anon84842729
Sorry to hear that you feel this way.
I can’t comment as I don’t know which post you are referring to or what your post contained.
However, you must remember that not everyone will like/be happy with/or agree with what other people say…and that’s ok.
I’m sure most of us have had a little slap on the wrist or had our posts modified due to something we’ve said.
It’s what happens on a forum like this, but you shouldn’t take it too personally or let it affect your place on the forum.
It’s been nice to have you around :slightly_smiling_face:
If you are deeply concerned and confused as to why, you could ask @Lovehoney_Brenna to clarify what you said that wasn’t acceptable, just so you are aware in future.

3 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that @anon84842729 :frowning:

I’m in the same boat as @Cupc8kes, I don’t know what caused the issue but it will be a shame if you feel that you need to leave and can’t get past it on here.

Take care of yourself :hugs:

1 Like

Here you go: :+1:

How to delete account

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you are leaving the forum. We will all miss you :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a shame @anon84842729. We’ve had some interesting conversations but I understand if it’s not for you. I have no idea what post you’re talking about but if someone has flagged your post, it could be for any number of reasons including hitting the flag button by mistake! It does happen. I’d talk to @Lovehoney_Brenna and find out what’s going on. Like @Cupc8kes said, people are always going to disagree about stuff so try not to take it too personally x

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, you’re all super lovely and it’s been lovely talking with you​:smile:and thank you Ian for the delete link! Cheers :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry @anon84842729 to hear you leaving hope you are ok :hugs:

Yikes! I’m really sorry to hear you’ve been made to feel this way and hope something can be done to resolve this issue, might be worth writing to @Lovehoney_Brenna to see if she could have a look into this incident and try amend it before considering to have your account deleted :upside_down_face:

Yeah it sounds like it could just be a simple misclick or misinterpretation. Don’t let it knock your confidence :blush: