How do you feel about the little things in a relationship?

Hi

I have always fancied starting a thread about the little things a person may do for that special someone in their life whether it be a partner, girlfriend, boyfriend, or friend or family member, I have always made my other half a drink whenever I make myself one (it has taken her 8 years to offer to make me one when she does the same), I have also always shared all the household chores, from cleaning the house to the washing up, I'll also put the washing on in the machine, I also drive her to her events that she may be participating in as well most of the time, (I'm not blowing my own horn, just saying is all) when I get home before her from work I also get the dinner on, which we both do as we both like to get cleared up before the local news starts.

So I was wondering how do folks feel about the little things one person may do for that special someone in their life & how do you feel about it?

I love all the little things T does , whether it be a simple txt, saying something when he rings,love the little sweet things we do for each other and I like that it just happens no effort just feels so natural . Love it

I think those little things are really important. As much as we all love doing things for people we care about no ones likes to feel taken for granted.
There's things that my partner knows that I'll always do and vice versa but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate them being done (love him all the more for it).
Although i have to be honest think if i was in anybody's house and they made a drink for themselves and no one else id find it a bit rude, sorry.

Also like KF said having txts and just other kind things he does just let me know that he's thinking about me

its the little things that cement a relationship I think

Always coming up with lovely ideas for things to do when we're together.

Talking me down from the ledge when I'm about ready to throw myself out of the window due to uni and work stress. Just generally calming me down and comforting me.

And even though he's busy, finding the time to write me a letter.

Miss him x

No way I'm keeping them forever!

dotdashdot wrote:

No way I'm keeping them forever!

we burned em........specially since she proposed marriage and starting a family by letter.....we both thought it was better to move on from painful memories of separation...my post dissapeared lol

They don't have to be painful memories. In fact I think it will be good to remind each other how we stayed strong throughout that time and the lovely things we wrote to each other.

2 yrs in saudi arabia was painfull lol but got married at the end that was 28 yrs ago

I think the little things are important in all relationships
If I went to my sister's and she didn't offer me a drink I would
Think it rude if she mede herself one.
I love getting txts from my husband, but also love txts from
My friends just saying they're thinking of me or asking how I am.
My mum will pop round to see me and if I'm no in will sometimes
Come in (as she has a key) do some of my ironing for me and
Leave a message on my blackboard saying hello the ironing fairy's
Been.
Every now and then I scroll through my list of friends on face
Book, pick one and just leave a message on their wall saying
Hello, how ya doing or was just thinking of you today how are you?

gunther wrote:

its the little things that cement a relationship I think

I couldn't agree more.

Myself & my other half don't send each other texts, but when I drop her off to work in the mornings I'll usually say to her "have a good day sweetheart" & also before we go to sleep at night I'll always say to her "sleep well sweetheart love you loads"

Good topic S&M. I guess I'm up to your speed when it comes to sharing. But I'm useless when it comes to I LOVE YOU gestures...... flowers...... little notes.......surprise trips out, etc. I guess I'm very prone to taking a partner for granted, and it's those personal things..... the 'little things' as you call them..... that help to communicate that you do value your partner, that is, you put them above your own convenience and self-interest.

mmmm :) My bloke does amazing little things for me like giving me a head massage while I listen to white noise to relax, and he always makes me dinner (although I honestly cannot cook) and does other nice little things like washing my back in the shower. In return I massage his skin moisturising cream on him that he needs after he showers, and dye the tips of his hair and brush out the knots because he is useless at it :)

I love the little things in relationships, you might not always notice them immediately, particularly if it's an everyday thing, but when you do they make you appreciate and fall for that person just even that little bit more.

It's lovely to get flowers ,chocs and presents ,but I think that the little every day things my oh does for me mean the most :-) xx

I do the usual things for the other half, run baths for him, do anything for him when he comes home from work..... He'll make me a hot water bottle ( time of month) but the best thing he does now and then is look me in the eye and stroke my cheek once with his hand. The look he gives me just makes me feel so great and loved

Think there are lots of things really, with ex-missy I did all cooking and washing up and she did all laundery. Just becauce she was better at one and I was at the other.

And also, she used to groom my face ie pick spots, blackheads etc, thought it was a bit strange but quite liked it - and my skin got much better...

I think it's the little things that are most important, so much more so than big romantic gestures. To me they show that my partner is thinking about me and considering my needs, and vice versa. It's the little everyday stuff I miss about my ex, even more than the sex.

i think the little tings are so important . i loved how my ex would message me as soon as he woke up , and before sleep ( as well as throughout the day ) i think its dead important to let the other know youre thinking of them . i LOVE buying gifts for the people i love , but im not bothered about recieving them , its not important . to me id rather TINY little things like if we're sitting on a sofa for him to reach out to hold my hand or something . i think small gestures like that are beautiful in a relationship things like if hes stressed rubbing his head / scr5atching scalp etc as its relaxing ... just the things you do to show someone you care .

ok i think ima cry now