How long have you gone without sex?

Bit if a strange question really, and no I’m not counting when you were a child as an answer. So I guess, what’s the longest you’ve gone without sex after becoming sexually active?

I’m getting on for 4 years and counting now 😕 and I can honestly say it’s bloody horrible.

I can barely last a week 😂. Longest Iv got must be about 2 weeks

I was enduring years on 2-3 times a year, roughly once every 4-6 months.

It was hell.

Sex with another person - maybe up to a month for both of us, but that hasn't happened very often. When not in a relationship and having sex regularly, we've had casual sex. For us, it's an important part of life.

Sex alone - both of us have aways masturbated frequently all our lives, when not having sex with another person, him every day and her every few days,

If you mean piv sex then a couple of months when we didn’t see each other.

Any sexual activity involving a partner? A couple of weeks. Phone sex is a huge part of our long distance relationship.

About 18 months when I was pregnant with my first.

If you mean sex with another person, about 2 years I think? 

With myself, not sure... A few months? 

A couple of weeks. We both have low sex drives . When we are both in the mood thats when the fireworks happen .IMO sex is not an essential component in a relationship as long as each others expectations are managed and intimacy in other ways is done.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Do you think working surrounded by sex toys increases or reduces your level of randiness? Did it boost it to begin with and then fade?

Since being in relationships, the longest I’ve gone is a few months without. My sex drive is really high but things have happened and sex not high on the list of priorities 🙈

AsYouWish! wrote:

Do you think working surrounded by sex toys increases or reduces your level of randiness? Did it boost it to begin with and then fade?

Hmm interesting question...

The 2 year stint without interactive sex was before my Lovehoney days, and my frequency of solo play has always varied greately, so I don't think my habits have changed, though my libido has.

I used to think that working in this environment made me less horny (there's a running joke at Lovehoney that everyone who works here can't be assed with sex when they get home - the last thing we want to look at is another penis/fanny) but I've recently come to a different conclusion for my personal life...

It's not working here which affects my libido, but more my connection with myself/the person I'm sleeping with which is more to do with my life outside of work.

Example: I was in a less-than satisfactory relationship recently (across the board: sexually, intellectually etc) and thought I didn't want sex for the above reasons (surrounded by sex all day etc etc) but, on reflection, that was definitely me making excuses and, in actual fact, I just didn't want sex with that person. My libido plummeted, and I allowed it to do so. Everything about sex just annoyed me, because I wasn't being my ususal self when it came to sexual acitivity. Rather than admit I was unhappy, I just shut down my arousal cycle and pretended like mty genitals didn't exist.

Now, I'm single, happy, feel in-tune with myself and the people I tussle in bed with so have found my sex drive has rocketed back to where is normal for me. And right now this only seems to be exacerbated by thinking and writing about sex all day. 

Let me clarify though; It's not that I'm sat here horny at work, I think it's a bit like muscle memory. The more I think about sex, the more I think about sex. 

As for my libido piquing then fading, I guess there was a bit of a spike at the beginning simply because, although I was already aware of a lot of sex play, I had my world opened to a bunch of new possibilities. Curiosity always gets the better of me so this was exciting. Now there are fewer surprises which also tickle my fancy, so I guess that's reduced in some ways. 

Wow - long answer... Oops! 

After my brain injury, my pituitary gland was wrecked so I went into early menopause....for almost 10 years we had sex maybe once every 3 months....and for me, that was just 'duty sex' ...the last year of those 10 long dark years we had sex only twice!! Then suddenly, my sex drive went totally mental and now I have a problem if I don't come at least twice a day! Poor Mr.spider doesn't know if he's coming or going and honestly can't keep up! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

AsYouWish! wrote:

Hmm interesting question...

The 2 year stint without interactive sex was before my Lovehoney days, and my frequency of solo play has always varied greately, so I don't think my habits have changed, though my libido has.

I used to think that working in this environment made me less horny (there's a running joke at Lovehoney that everyone who works here can't be assed with sex when they get home - the last thing we want to look at is another penis/fanny) but I've recently come to a different conclusion for my personal life...

It's not working here which affects my libido, but more my connection with myself/the person I'm sleeping with which is more to do with my life outside of work.

Example: I was in a less-than satisfactory relationship recently (across the board: sexually, intellectually etc) and thought I didn't want sex for the above reasons (surrounded by sex all day etc etc) but, on reflection, that was definitely me making excuses and, in actual fact, I just didn't want sex with that person. My libido plummeted, and I allowed it to do so. Everything about sex just annoyed me, because I wasn't being my ususal self when it came to sexual acitivity. Rather than admit I was unhappy, I just shut down my arousal cycle and pretended like mty genitals didn't exist.

Now, I'm single, happy, feel in-tune with myself and the people I tussle in bed with so have found my sex drive has rocketed back to where is normal for me. And right now this only seems to be exacerbated by thinking and writing about sex all day.

Let me clarify though; It's not that I'm sat here horny at work, I think it's a bit like muscle memory. The more I think about sex, the more I think about sex.

As for my libido piquing then fading, I guess there was a bit of a spike at the beginning simply because, although I was already aware of a lot of sex play, I had my world opened to a bunch of new possibilities. Curiosity always gets the better of me so this was exciting. Now there are fewer surprises which also tickle my fancy, so I guess that's reduced in some ways.

Wow - long answer... Oops!

It may be a long answer but it comes accross as a very open and honest one as well .

Thanks for that honest answer Jess, I hope you don't mind me asking.
I think it is very true that happiness allows your mind to consider sex and then the more you think about it the more you want!
I am glad you are happy currently and that looking after all of your customers sex lives doesn't ruin that of the Lovehoney staff!

Jess that was honest and straight to the point which is nice to see, I went through a year of being single and while my mates were jumping into any fanny that went past them I just genuinely had no interest. The women around me didn’t have the same interests and I feel
Sex without some form of substance or connection is just masturbation with another body.

Now I’m with my current partner and we’re highly active in the bedroom at times, I have found a completely different spectrum to sex and I feel if I did become single again it would be more based on adventure than interests of the heart which I was so focused on before.

We found that life (work, family) got in the way, we have been married over 25 years. When we started with a family the longest we went without sex together was over 2 years, but generally we would have sex maybe 2 times a year on average. My Wife used to joke about whether it was Christmas or my birthday; which now I write that down sounds pretty cruel. That went on for around 17 years of our 25 year marriage. Again writting that down is bringing back some bad thoughts and dark days when I would be depressed and ate and drank too much. I have always masturbated regularly and it can vary from daily to once a week; I think that kept me sane to some extent. My sex drive is significantly higher than my Wife's and I had to endure much dissapointment and sexual rejection over many years. I was, I still am very in love with my Wife so I just put up with this. We never took time to talk about our relationship or sex life at all, indeed I would say my Wife tried to avoid it. Fortunately I was made redundant just over a year ago, yes I was very happy with that as I'm financial secure, and it's allowed me chance to re-think my life. It's taken me courage to raise our relationship/sex life and my Wife has struggled to truely understand how unhappy I was. However, we have discussed and talked about this over the last year, I've made a few blunders a long the way, but my Wife is now making more effort. As a consequence our sexual activity has increased to between 2 to 4 times a month now for the last 12 months. I guess the moral of the story is that a relationship, no matter how loving, does not guarentee frequent sex. It also highlights that regular conversations about how each of you are feeling about your general relationship and sex life is very important.

Just in case anyone is worried about me, I can honestly say I'm very happy with my life now. I've lost around 4 st in weight and now regularly run 10k's. I have a much better love life and although not adventorous, it's beautifully re-affirming of the excellent relationship I have with my Wife. I probably still drink too much, however !

PS at 30 we started to use condoms, I actually had condoms go past the use by date !!!!!

If you are meaning with another person then the longest for me was 11 years. Between my 1st sexual relationship to the one I am in now. I had another relationship in between which lasted 4 of those years but it wasnt sexual.
Hands have always been an option so normally the longest I go without relief is a few days if my mental health is bad.
Although my sex drive has gone up a lot sonce getting with my OH. I want him pretty much on a daily basis so we tend to do the deed 2 or 3 times a week unless its time of the month as it is now. By the time I next have sex with him it will be over a week. Its jist frustrating now. Especially knowing that I used to aurvive quite happily without it haha.

When I was younger, I went for about 2 years inbetween my first then second partner, a bit of a short term thing a little after the breakup of my 2nd partner and then 1-2 years between the third and my now wife (4th), whom this year will be 25 years together.

Throughout our marraige, I think 6 weeks is the longest between intercourse, somewhere around when we had both our children I think and there was a point when our business was failing that it certainly became less frequent (and more robotic / routine) due to stress.

Since we both opened up about our desires and added LH into the mix, even period week seems a long time now without PIV intercourse

Only once in the last 7 years.